[UK] Dennid's Staff Blacklist appeal (demoted by SSL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennid

Jul 30, 2023

Name:

Dennid

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:202852072

Previous Rank (convert if required):

Trial Moderator

Who demoted you?:

Rushi (was SSL at the time)

Date of demotion?:

21/11/2023 (may have been the 22/11/2023 as it was around midnight) and my blacklist was for 6 months

What server were you demoted from?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):

SCP-RP UK

What is the case against you?:

Had been on F3 playing "Dennid Says" and I had said "dennid says say the n word" and someone else did actually say it.
Here is the clip of what happened: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1F6vaTypPCm8RD/6sqhE7guawi7?invite=cr-MSw1WjgsMjA0Mjc4NTg1LA

Is this true?:

Yes it is

Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?:

No

Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?:

I have my warnings/bans are all linked in my moderator application here https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/uk-dennids-moderator-application.19797/

What is your side of the story?:

The case against me stated above is really the full story, when I had said that I expected people to say things like nice etc. which is still does not excuse my behavior but at the time that was what was going through my head. Very shortly after it did happen I contacted Rushi on TS and explained what happened and provided the clip above. I did not contest my removal at all and was completely open and transparent about what I did. I had realised very shortly after that what I said was completely unacceptable and that is why I got in contact with SL.

Why should you return / what will you change?:

I would like to return as I had no incidents similar to this before or after and I did enjoy my short tenure as staff, I want to return to the staff team so I can contribute in a different way towards server health and providing a fun but fair environment for all players. With regards to what will change is that I will continue to not say things that are simply unacceptable since this incident I have definitely grown as a person with regards to this and if I am able to return I will ensure that nothing like this ever happens again.​

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
+Support
Dennid has always been an incredibly friendly individual, the 'Dennid says' incident was completely accidental as Dennid had no idea anyone would actually say such stuff in-game.

free my guy

Huff

Game Master
Game Master
Jan 23, 2022
+Support
I've had limited interactions with him, but I can tell he's a genuinely nice guy and I highly doubt he had any ill will in what he did.

Geronimo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
+ Support

To start with, I want to discuss Dennid as a person. He is an outstanding member of the community who is active, dedicated and friendly. I have had nothing but positive interactions with him, and I have plenty of hilarious memories with him. The server needs staff who have character and aren't mindless robots, to be able to understand all points of view. The case in question differs from perspective. From mine, it feels like a simple joke that was taken too far - he was playing a simple game with other members of the community in which somebody took it too far. Whilst he did set up the joke, I wouldn't put the entire blame on his shoulders. Whilst a punishment would've been appropriate, I feel a blacklist from staff is unfit considering he had everything else taken away from him. He still prevails from this and is still an active member of the community, and it would only be fair to give him a chance to contribute to the server further.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
+Support

Dennid had a silly moment, he's a great guy and won't make the mistake again. He's very active and with CN always looking for more staff and sits taking longer to answer in peak times, I believe Dennid should return to the staff team.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
"Trial Mods should not make a demotion appeal, they should instead apply for staff again."

Please make a staff application, as per demotion guidelines. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.