Name:
'Eclipse' / 'Checkers'
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:68520714
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA:
SCP-RP UK
Level of appeal (2 or 3):
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details:
Before being removed, I stated my side of the story/why I believed the removal was invalid. The removal was carried through anyway, and a Level 1 appeal would go over the same points.
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where:
GEN "Warden" / Giudon over Discord DMs.
Rank demoted from:
Who demoted you?:
GEN "Warden" / Giudon.
Date of demotion?:
26/11/2023
What is the case against you?:
The removal reason was "Powertripping" as put on the roster. Because this is not enough info, to roughly quote Giudon, this was because of a policy I instated following an RP situation involving A1/O5/Ethics on 25/11/2023 regarding not doing major treason/defection RP without OOC LTGEN+ approval first. It was also sparked by me removing some individuals from a Strike Team I lead.
1701015691168.png
Is this true?:
My instating of this policy did indeed happen, and was the reason for my removal, along with removal of two COs from Strike Team 1142.
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?:
I have been demoted 1 rank in the GOC from SGT > CPL in July of 2023 for inactivity. Otherwise, no.
Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals:
What is your side of the story?:
The reason for my removal was "powertripping" by the creation of this policy.
However, I do not believe the instating of this policy was powertripping by any means. My reasoning for creating this policy is convoluted, and despite the surface-level appearance of it only being because my character was PKed by the RP situation that sparked this policy, it was not my motivation by any means. This was explained to the GEN before my removal, and the GEN did not revoke or complain to me about this policy. Here is the policy that was made:
1701015433288.png
My reasoning for instating such a policy was to avoid members of the CO team creating wide-reaching treasonous RP situations that may be of poor quality or unreasonable in the future. These RP situations affect many elements of our faction, including;
  1. Relations with external GOIs like Foundation, along with their in-character actions and opinions towards the GOC in the future;
  2. Information that may be leaked/given to external GOIs during these RP situations, effecting how they treat the GOC in the future and how they roleplay;
  3. Player kills and removal of knowledge from circulation that was gained by those characters;
  4. Possibly events by the GM team, which I believe were put into progress because of the RP situation and resulting "emails" to NEXUS that occurred after.
Alongside this, treason RP has been conducted by members of the CO team in the past, specifically an RP situation regarding defection/infoleaking to the Chaos Insurgency without approval, resulting in an immediate PK happening. I would rather one of the two regiment leads approve something like this just to ensure correctness and quality of RP, along with ensuring that it doesn't negatively affect faction health.

To tackle the point of me removing 2 individuals from a Strike Team, specifically ST-1142;
The two people removed had voted yes on a proposal for a "Liquidation Agreement" created and voted on by the CO team. The agreement in question would give personnel of the Foundation ADB effects.
To avoid the signature of this treaty, an assignment was made to Class-E COs who knew about this to make them forget about the treaty in question. The two people who voted yes would be included in this, so they were removed from the Strike Team considering they were about to be targeted by an in-character team assignment. This was not a disciplinary action, and was primarily for in-character reasoning.

I explained all of the above to GEN "Warden", and I was still not able to get a fully concrete explanation on how any of these points were invalid, beyond the situation "looking bad" because of timing.
1701016034275.png
To sum, I am not entirely sure how my removal from the regiment makes sense. This removal was also possibly pressured by Giudon believing he was going to be removed from GEN due to pressure from another player on the server; I am open to privately sending proof of this/DMs to a member of SL, but I won't be posting them here to avoid unnecessary drama.

At no point prior to immediately before my removal was I ever spoken to by the GEN about any complaints with this policy. He had spoken to me about my removal of individuals from ST-1142 for the IC reasoning I listed before, and was fine with it. This is why I believe as stated above that he was pressured to remove me, and I believe that this could've been much more reasonably handled than an instant removal.

Last edited:

Giudon

Jan 1, 2023
1701021439569.png

Hello Eclipse,

As you know there's 2 sides of this story, to which I took the time to investigate, in your perspective:

You saw how an individual got kicked from your team, with the information of you planning to class E him (but the class E got revoked, but there's no evidence to support that they knew it got revoked) had ill intent on GOC Command, to which they teamed up with foundation to kidnap you and PK you on floor 3.

But in his perspective:

He got kicked out of the team due to an unknown reason, but through his sources, he found out that you're planning to class-e the entire CO team about the agreement. to which he had to get 3rd party help in order to detain you for your treasonous act, and killed in 3rd party custody.

While I do agree he should've killed you without the use of a 3rd party. he had no ill intentions on GOC as a whole.

Right after the aforementioned events, you made up a policy about no longer doing Treason RP without LTGEN approval. to which I agreed in the beginning , but after I saw the full picture of the events, I no longer do.

You made up the policy right after you died of treason RP. to which, it seems this is Powertripping.

Why is it Powertripping:
As much as you can say that the individual was treasonous in your own belief, so were you when you ordered to class E the CO team.
then limiting the 'Treason RP' because you died of your treason RP doesn't really look good for you.

You already know my stance in this appeal. I'm sorry.

-General 'Warden'

checkraisefold

Dec 3, 2022
This will be my final reply to this appeal.
Right after the aforementioned events, you made up a policy about no longer doing Treason RP without LTGEN approval. to which I agreed in the beginning , but after I saw the full picture of the events, I no longer do.

You made up the policy right after you died of treason RP. to which, it seems this is Powertripping.

Why is it Powertripping:
As much as you can say that the individual was treasonous in your own belief, so were you when you ordered to class E the CO team.
then limiting the 'Treason RP' because you died of your treason RP doesn't really look good for you.
As stated in my appeal, I had several reasons for limiting further treason RP. I also said that this was a policy that applies to future situations; the current storyline would be fine to continue.
"Doesn't really look good for me" isn't a valid excuse, in my opinion, to instantly remove me from the faction when my reasons were in fact far more nuanced than a surface-level assessment of "added policy after being PK'd".

No disciplinary action ended up being taken for the treason RP, the LTGEN+ OOC approval policy I instated you could've simply revoked yourself and spoke to me about, and the removals from the team you have seemingly dismissed as a reason in your response.

Foxatron

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Apr 16, 2022

Demotion Appeal Denied

Hi @checkraisefold ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a demotion appeal.

After reviewing all of the information and going through multiple different reports, I have to say it seems more than clear that you cannot be trusted with a General position. You can't penalize people because you don't like the RP that they did, and things didn't go your way.

This is SLs final verdict.

Kind regards

Foxatron

Status
Not open for further replies.