Status
Not open for further replies.

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): Dankey Kang
For how long have you played on CG SCP-RP: Just under 1000 hours
In what country are you located?: United Kingdom
Time zone: GMT
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): Chairman of the Ethics Committee 'Eidolon'
Chaos name (include your rank): J Eidolon
Civilian name: J. Eidolon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41148908
Discord ID (name#0000): yourmandank
Do you have a mic?: Yes
What server are you applying for?: SCP-RP-UK
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
Ethics Committee Member
O5-6
Chief of Security
General Security Captain
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Toxicity - About a year ago I was a GSD Sgt and inquired with a micspamming Cadet if they were mentally deficient.
Metagaming - About a year ago I was a GSD Officer and used the 'above head' name of a player to identify them, without knowing that this was metagaming.

-
Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
My most relevant experience comes from using my position as an RP Leader in SCP-RP to run RP based storylines and to encourage players to engage with GM events. I recognise that GM events create something that is outside of the ordinary passive RP loop and I personally think that events deserve priority.

-
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
In the past I have been a Dungeon Master for two Dungeons and Dragons campaigns that spanned around 6-7 months each and I have seen them through to completion. The experience I gained in doing this is the understanding that good quality RP is not fundamentally about 'winning' an RP scenario and is instead about allowing players who are participating in your games to to get immersed in their role and enjoy the intrigue of the unusual scenarios they find themselves in. This is a feature that I plan to carry forward into my GM duties if I were accepted - I would not create events and storylines for the sake of my own personal enjoyment, I would instead take enjoyment out of maximising player interaction with the things I create and have fun watching how the players respond.

-
How many hours can you be on everyday?:
An average of around two hours per evening, excluding Saturdays.

-
Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
My fundamental reason for applying for GM is to supplement my position as an RP Leader with the ability to use builds to increase the level of interaction players can have with the storylines I create. If I were accepted as GM I would have full agency to take a storyline from conceptualisation all the way through to completion without depending on external factors. This would allow me to plan out full storylines based on the schedule that is available to me - providing players with dates, times and summaries of events through Discord so that players will know when to turn up and what to expect ahead of time, being able to drop straight into a non-routine RP scenario.

I also want to have the ability to create RP for corners of the playerbase that have limited passive RP avenues or don't typically have much engagement with events. For example - virus outbreaks for the Medical Team to try and cure / prevent the spread and using the Deep-Research 5 area to set up top-secret testing for the O5 Council.

-
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
I have an extensive experience pool in SCP-RP with the large majority of my playtime being in a CL5 position, I also have a very good understanding of server rules, FLC rules, lore accuracy and gameplay mechanics. This means that I am an ideal candidate for creating lore accurate RP that strikes a balance between obiding the server rules, creating accurate representations of lore and maximising the use of the in-game mechanics before trying to invent new ones.

I also have a strong grasp of management, administration and documentation which will allow me to help the GM team in its' efforts to maintain useful and relevant externals. One effort that I would like to contribute to is the archiving of past builds, one-time events and narratives so that they could be drawn upon in the future to assist the GM team in creating events.

It is also my intention to identify in-game features and Pac3 builds that have unique mechanics and 'store' them so that they can be reused or built upon in other events and storylines. For example - I would like to see if it is possible to recreate the cognito hazard from SCP-012 'On Mount Golgotha' for use in events that have congito hazards that would draw a player towards them in a trance, such as SCP-2316 The Bodies in the Water.

-
Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):

Frostbite
An investigation into a series of medical cases of frostbite and paralysis concludes that instances of SCP-548 are present in the snowy tundra on the surface and have infested the Site's ventilation systems at the Ventilation Access, F2 Storage Room, LCZ Maintenance Room, LCZ Restrooms and D-Block ventilation system. Mobile Task Forces will need to enter the ventilation shafts to clear out the infestation, terminating and containing the 548 instances before they can set up nests in the caves of the HCZ.

A Beautiful Person
SCP-056 has been transferred to the Site-65 Light Containment Zone. At first the anomaly is amicable and agreeable, but soon becomes disatisfied with it's new home. During testing, the researcher turns their back momentarily and 056 adopts the form of the D-Class that is present in it's room. The researcher cannot tell the two apart and 056 convinces them that it is the real D-Class. 056 is taken to D-Block where it begins it's attempts to escape the facility by disguising as furntiture, items, people and a variety of other objects. The Code-5 response team must search the site from top to bottom, looking for props that seem a little out of place, questioning suspicious staff and Kant scanning everything and anything they find suspicious.

The Liar's Cradle
SCP-2128 is transferred to the Site-65 Heavy Containment Zone. D-Class personnel are taken to the anomaly for testing - once there they are given a list of statements to speak aloud that can only result in true or false answers. If they make a statement that is true they are unharmed; however if they make a statement that is false, they are painfully incinerated. Statements such as: "SCP-106 will breach containment this week" or "There are two Overseers in Site-65 right now".

Researchers must investigate the level of logic that can be applied to questions - if the D-Class says something factually incorrect that they beleive to be true - will they be incinerated?
Overseers must monitor the questions being asked and their results to ensure no protected information is indirectly leaked.
The Ethics Committee must ensure that the statements the D-Class must read aloud have at least some chance of being true.

Please List a Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server):
- The Chaos Insurgency has deep-raided a SCP Foundation facility deep underground of a metropolitan city.
- The Insurgency has stolen or destroyed the Site's research material and is in the process of extracting D-Class personnel.
- Unknowingly, the Insurgency compromised the containment of SCP-016 while damaging the site's research materials
- Some of the D-Class have been infected and the infection has been detected amongst the civilian population of hundreds of thousands of people
- The SCP Foundation has declared an XK Class extinction level event and notified the UNGOC of the situation
- The UNGOC has implemented Response Level 5 and is on standby to implement Pizzicato

The whole event would operate on a victory points and rounds based system:

Chaos Insurgency:
- Will gain victory points for successfully extracting D-Class from the city
- Will gain victory points for successfully extracting research documents from the site
- Will gain victory points for wiping the SCP Foundation and/or UNGOC Task Forces

SCP Foundation:
- Will gain victory points for successfully extracting Researchers from the city
- Will gain victory points for terminating all SCP-016 instances and decontaminating the breach site
- Will gain victory points for wiping the Insurgents

U.N.G.O.C:
- Will gain victory points for successfully extracting Civilians from the city
- Will gain victory points for terminating all SCP-016 instances and decontaminating the breach site
- Will gain victory points for wiping the Insurgents

SCP-016
- Will win when all combatives are killed

Players numbers will be balanced between:
Chaos Insurgents, D-Class
MTF Beta-7 Maz Hatters, Researchers
UNGOC PHYS Team, Civilians
SCP-016 Instances

Players who are killed by SCP-016-2s will immediately turn into a -2
Players who are killed by other means will respawn as SCP-016-2s
Non-combatives who are extracted join their relevant combative team

Once a faction has emerged victorious, the round will be reset,

List an example mission for each of the following:

O-1:
A gathering of Foundation personnel sit around a mess hall table and enjoy a standard-issue lunch. An usual range of ranks and departments amongst them; CL1s, CL2s and 3s, even a CL4 who had chosen to forego the luxury of a meal in their own office - researchers, technicians, security staff and an Internal Affairs agent. A sleeper cell of the Law's Left Hand enjoying a meal in plain sight - all perfect liars and well rehearsed actors, all living the lives of people other than themselves.

"There's a rumour going 'round in the kitchen" //
"We have new orders from the Committee"
"Oh really, what is it?"
"The Chef's keep giving the same six staff free top-ups on their drinks" // "O5-6 has abused SCP-006 again"
"Someone should really do something about that" // "Have they issued a Damocles Order??"
"Yeah, we should take matters into our own hands" // "Yes, O5-6 has been scheduled for termination"
"Let's go a lodge a complaint" // "Make preparations to assassinate the Overseer"

The staff members finish their meal and disperse into the facility, setting up the Site's next unfortunate accident.

For this mission the O-1 operatives would be required to assassinate a member of the O5 Council, remaining disguised or unseen wherever possible and by killing the target without firing a bullet. A series of 'trap' props would be placed around the map and the disguised O-1 operatives would need to activate them to attempt to kill the Overseer.

A-1:
Unusual activity in Site-65 has given rise to concerns that a GOI has infiltrated the facility; a spout of undocumented surgeries for cybernetic augmentation, Site staff gather in quiet meetings behind closed doors, staff members huddle in corners and mutter about clockwork and "rebuilding the vessel" and a large increase in testing of SCP-079. It would be unwise to start questioning people directly - this could send the infiltrators into hiding, no, this requires the touch of a delicate hand - the Red Right Hand. The Overseer's orders are simple: infiltrate the infiltrators, identify their leaders and bring them before the Overseers. The tortured hold no secrets from the torturer.

For this mission A-1 will have to covertly infiltrate a cult of the Church of the Broken God that has taken root within Site-65. If they can remain undiscovered then A-1 should attempt to convince the cult leaders to either: show them where their base of operations is on Site-65 or report to Floor 3 with them, at which point the cult leaders can be tortured for information.

Nu-7:
Nu-7 Operatives have been monitoring radio chatter from the local Pinewood Rangers for a few days now, they note that there have been a number of unusual cases in which residents go missing for a day or two and then return entirely of their own volition unharmed, but behave a bit odd. After nearly a week of this happening - there are no radio communications between the Pinewood Rangers for a full day. Nu-7 deploy to Pinewood to investigate and find all of the residents of Pinewood going about their daily business unhindered and unharmed, although they don't acknowledge or cooperate with Nu-7 on any level. Further investigation finds pools of a black inky liquid in fissures that have opened up in the earth near Pinewood. Nu-7 attempts to retrieve samples, and the Pinewood residents become hostile.

In this mission a fissure containing SCP-6198 has opened up in the ground near Pinewood. Nu-7 must secure Pinewood by pacifying the local population without killing them and then trying to gather information on the anomaly by interrogating Pinewood residents and gathering samples before trying to find a way to either remove the black liquid or fill the fissures.

E-11:
SCP-079 has breached containment - no, I don't mean breached, I mean, BREACHED. It's GONE. Somebody with CL4 access must have entered the containment chamber, bagged it and taken it out. Why has the Insurgency never tried this before? It seems so obvious! Whoever has taken it, we can't let them escape. Who knows what 079 will do if it is connected to a computer or, heavens forbid, the internet.

For this mission SCP-079 would be removed from it's containment chamber and a series of Foundation personnel carrying satchels will be within Site-65. E-11 must identify people carrying unusually heavy satchels and intercept them to be searched. One of the satchels will contain SCP-079 and E-11 must find the thief before 079 is taken out of the facility.

CI:
Delta Command has relayed information of a Foundation convoy transporting 'live specimens' into the Saskatchewan region, likely heading to Site-65. The Foundation has managed to keep their convoy a secret up until the final leg of it's journey. The Insurgency cell scrambles to organise an ambush point in the Pinewood area to kill the convoys guards and recover the specimens to exploit them through weaponisation.

For this mission a convoy of vehicles transporting live anomalies must be intercepted and destroyed by the Insurgency, they can then recover the anomalies and weaponise them against Site-65. The anomalies could be additionaly instances of SCP-939 or SCP-966

UNGOC:
The Lieutenant had been invited into Site-65 to supervise a GOC research team conducting a few small-scale tests on the site's inanimate anomalies. While inside the HCZ's inanimate storage rooms, he accidentally knocks a pedastle with a little silver bell on it. Immediately from behind a corner, a butler appears:

"What may I do for you, Lieutenant Bishop?"
The research team looks at the butler, and then back at the Lieutenant.
"Why do you know my name?"
The Butler responds: "Why, I know everyone's name, Mr. Bishop, is that all you had to ask?"
"Uhh, yes I suppose it is." The Butler gracefully walks back behind the corner and disappears.

The Lieutenant picks up the silver bell and a realisation comes to him - this anomaly can reveal the true name of anyone he asks, even the Foundation's most senior staff.

For this mission the GOC operatives would have to try and steal SCP-662 from Site-65, starting in the HCZ. They will not be able to run, however, as that could cause 662 to ring, summoning the butler and exposing their theft.

Foundation Staff:
A new telephone line to a fast-food company has opened for business in the dining hall. Foundation staff can order any edible food that they could possible imagine over the telephone and a few moments later, it will apear on the table in front of them! Be careful what you wish for though, some of the food has been seen to cause some very unusual side effects.

For this mission Foundation research staff will needto investigate and document the effects of an anomalous telephone line that provides the caller with any form of food or drink they request - and the side effects of eating them. Players who eat the food will change in size and shape, turn into animals, change colours, catch on fire, turn invisible and even die!

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
+ Support

You have historically and currently demonstrated competency for roleplay and the ability to create stories for yourself and those around you.
Your application holds good merit and the ideas are good. Just a word of warning, try not to kill players too much in events as they some times don't understand nor appreciate it. Of course there are some occasions where they need to be killed due to the type of event.
Overall, Good application and based off current knowledge and experience your membership in the Game Master team would be most welcomed.

Best of luck and hope to see you with us soon.

François "Napoléon"

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Feb 16, 2023
+support
I like the event ideas and that map change sounds intteresting if it was ever pulled of right.

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022
+Support

I think the app and its ideas are brilliant. Best of luck Eidolon.

Nukegoboom

Jun 10, 2022
+Support
Competent, trusted, and has already proven themselves; being an RP leader. Give this man his TGM role.

Serrt

Aug 17, 2022
-Support

The application itself is very strong but given what I have observed in your time as ECC I do not think you are fit for the position. I believe that your general grasp of the lore surrounding SCP is poor and your ability to adapt to RP situations not going your way or the way you envisioned them is also poor. Some situations that you have already participated in, such as the 079-682 crosstest and its fallout are the most prime examples I can think of this.

Whilst it is abundantly clear you have put a lot of effort into the application itself, I believe you need to work on a lot of your RP and Lore efforts first before Game Master would be right for you.

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

You are the ECC, it would make sense for you to get TGM, however I do have a couple of questions regarind some of your event ideas:

The Nu7 Event Idea.
What effort/steps would you take to prevent CI/GOC interfering with the event? Due to the fact that most surface events gets attacked by CI, it mostly ruins it for Nu-7 (Due to Nu-7 being heavly outnumbered and outgunned)

The GOC Event Idea.
Why does the GOC specificly want to steal SCP-662? What sense does it make with the current relation and the GOC possibly ruining the treaty.

'Athena'

Feb 24, 2023
+ Support

Eidolon is a phenomenal ECC. I believe having another member in the Ethics Committee as part of the GM team will help us further the already large amount of RP created.

I like the events, especially the Map Change. Very creative.

Good luck, hope you get it!

Anthony "Pilot"

May 9, 2022
+Support

Eidolon has all the knowledge and skills necessary to be a great GM and the event ideas he has come up with are very interesting.

Good luck with your application

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
I also want to have the ability to create RP for corners of the playerbase that have limited passive RP avenues or don't typically have much engagement with events. For example - virus outbreaks for the Medical Team to try and cure / prevent the spread and using the Deep-Research 5 area to set up top-secret testing for the O5 Council.

The lore involving Deep-Research 5 is strictly managed by me, Ventz and O5-1 "The Citizen". Which is why no events have taken place regarding it unless it was authorized under strict procedures. We took this measure to make sure no one messes up the surrounding lore, and keep the events that occur regarding DR5 as special as they are now, since they are not announced and just happen from time to time.

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
The lore involving Deep-Research 5 is strictly managed by me, Ventz and O5-1 "The Citizen". Which is why no events have taken place regarding it unless it was authorized under strict procedures. We took this measure to make sure no one messes up the surrounding lore, and keep the events that occur regarding DR5 as special as they are now, since they are not announced and just happen from time to time.
That needs putting somewhere as thats the first I've heard of it.

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
This is geniunely the first I have heard of a policy on Deep-Research 5. Are you able to explain what the lore is surrounding this in Discord please?

R. Slicker

Aug 30, 2022
+support
A highly active player
Handles situations fairly
Very mature
Never had a negative experience with Eidolon
Great app with great event ideas
I believe Eidolon will be a brilliant addition to the GM team.

Jason Taylor (Cirenmatt)

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 12, 2022
Application On Hold

Hi @J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Thanks for taking the time to make a Gamemaster application.

After careful consideration I have chosen to put this application on hold.

The GM team is currently full so we are unable to accept you at this current time.

I am very sorry for this inconvenience and delay

I will unlock this thread/Accept when we are available again.​

Jason Taylor (Cirenmatt)

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 12, 2022
Application Accepted

Hi @J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein ,

On behalf of the Game Master Team I like to thank you for making an application for the position of Trial Game Master, this is to let you know that you have been accepted to conduct the next step of the application process.

Please contact an Event Team Leader such as myself or Scotsman for your next step.

Kind Regard,

Event Team Lead Jason Taylor​

Status
Not open for further replies.