MTF Omega-1 CSGT (Holding)
Intelligence Agent (Holding)
General Security Captain (Holding)
Chief of Security (Holding)
UNGOC SGT (Holding)
Licenses: RRT, Heavy Weapons, Medical, Drivers
-

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One metagaming from a time when I was new to the server - Used 'above head' info to identify someone while I was unaware it shouldn't be used.
-

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am applying for the position of Ethics Committee Member for a small number of reasons:

I have recently had the pleasure of seeing the playerbase within Site-65 benefit from my work in reforming the General Security Department and now that the reformation process has reached its conclusion I am looking for a position that will allow me to extend reformation and development to other departments around the site. I believe that should I be provided this opportunity that the departments I am assigned to as ECM will benefit from my dillegence, work ethic and mentorship.

At present I currently hold three positions that require routine activity and in becoming a CL5 member of Site-65 I will be able to reduce these holdings to two: ECM and UNGOC SGT. This will allow me to focus my efforts onto my senior position as ECM and free up more of my time to assist the UNGOC in its continued development while still being able to engage with the fantastic community that has been cultivated amongst Omega-1.
-

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
One of the qualities that befits me for the Ethics Committee is the variety of my experience pool.

During my time as Chief of Security I have had a pivotal administrative hand in the reformation of the General Security Department (henceforth GSD). The dilligence I have demonstrated, the quality of documentation I have produced and the applicability of the policies I have implemented all demonstrate my ability to astutely study a department's practices and understand them in detail. I was the lead developer and coordinator of the management programme that has seen the GSD have a complete turn around within a matter of weeks - it's standards and values have been elevated and it has an increased level of engagement with the Code of Ethics, the Code of Conduct and the rules of RP. My ability to implement changes such as these on my own terms translates directly into an ability to advise the departments that I would be assigned to as an ECM.
(See: Captain's Handbook, RRT Handbook, RRT Training, HWL Training, H-13 Training, H-13 Pocket Guide)

During my time in Omega-1 I have had the fantastic opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced and profesionally developed individuals on the site. ISD are expected to maintain a high standard of RP when engaging with outsiders and not abuse their diplomatic status while also being competent PvP players, these are qualities which I personally hold dear and not only maintain myself but encourage in others. If RP standards are allowed to slip at the highest level just because there is no RP counterpart to keep us in check then it sets a precedent of poor standards to other people who see it. Understanding the specifics of how to properly RP ISD situations such as infoleaks, kidnappings, interrogations and hostage negotiations is something that can only be performed to a high standard as the result of experience and time spent in dedication to the role. This is the ISD specific experience that I intend to employ should I be given a position in The Ethics Committee

I also believe I would be one of the first members of the Ethics Committee to have spent a significant amount of time researching the UNGOC and playing them in both RP and PvP. This would give me the unique opportunity to advise the Committee on how the GOC operates in RP and how it might respond to diplomatic scenarios that occur. For example - the exact parameters of the GOCs mission objectives and the efforts that they will make in conflicts on the surface to enforce them. It is a common misconception amongst Foundation players that the GOC wants to liquidate ALL parathreats and anomalies while never taking or even risking human life - this is simply not the case. The GOC routinely captures parathreats and anomalies for sampling, experimentation and liquidation testing. This is done with the intention of weaponising some element of the threat entity for use in liquidating other parathreats, similar to how the Foundation uses Thaumiel class SCPs. The GOC will also authorise the termination of human beings if they are believe to be in infraction of their Mission Objectives, such as MO 2 'Concealment' concerns resulting in the assassination of civilians who risk breaching The Veil and causing hysteria within the civilian population.
-

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
Due to Site-65's status as a research establishment the Committee has a fundemental duty of monitoring research activities through direct observation by themselves and through Omega-1. In happenstance this also means that they are responsible for the inspection of literature that is generated by the Site's departments to see if they can identify any breaches of the Code of Ethics that may have been indirectly documented by staff. This is achieved by utilising Omega-1 to randomly audit certain departments and subject their staff and documentation to interrogation in order to ensure that departmental practices are being properly upheld and that the Code of Ethics is being sufficiently abided.

An ECM is also expected to have an 'open door' policy to Site-65 personnel that wish to elevate an Ethics complaint in the pursuit of obtaining justice. All complaints that are received are to be assessed for their legitimacy before being judged based on the severity of the supposed infraction and an action plan devised. This particular RP duty is something that can only be achieved by an ECM that has past experience in governing inter-department affairs as they must have a strong understanding of the parameters of the CoC and CoE to avoid escalating a CoC complaint as a CoE issue and vice versa. During my time as Chief I have been referring constantly to both the CoC and CoE while writing departmental documentation and therefore have a strong grasp of both. I have also developed the understanding that we use CoC and CoE not just as a tool to establish the parameters of good RP but also as a balancing tool through which we ensure fair play occurs between players.

The ECM has a very unique position on site as they have both a public and covert status associated with their job, they therefore do not have the luxury of having all of their information classified and must understand exaclty what information can and cannot exist about them in the public domain. This means that they must be able to engage in fluent conversation with lower clearance personnel in order to hold audiences with them and hear their complaints while simultaneously understanding what information cannot be discussed with them. Examples of this are the CL5 status of the Ethics Committee, the job description of Omega-1 and the existence of the Committee as a counter-measure to the O5 Council.

An ECM is also responsible for coordinating Site-65 in the event of a significant crisis, such as implementing a Code Black or even using the Alpha Warhead to reset RP if ERT has failed to reestablish control and the RP loop is impeded beyond recovery.
-

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
Out of character a member of the Ethics Committee has the responsibility to maintain a standard of professionalism and politeness when they engage with the community, be it through in-game chat or Civilgamers platforms such as discord and the forums. If they fail to do so then it discredits the reputation of themselves and their peers.

They are also responsible for the assessment of new applications to positions of departmental leadership and ensuring that the most ideal candidates are selected. This means the individual Committee member must have a keen interest and reasonable level of knowledge of all departments on site so that they can make an informed decision when critiquing the applications made by candidates of departmental leadership. With this in mind, a member of the Committee must be ready to provide mentorship and management solutions to struggling departments to ensure that their practices develop and maintain a good standard of productivity. The Ethics Committee member is also responbile for providing information and guidance to the department they are assigned to in the form of ensuring complicitness and correct implementation of the Code of Ethics.
-

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Jeffrey 'Eidolon' Shekelstein awoke in the intensive medical care unit of Site-65 after being transferred by emergency helicopter from Site-[REDACTED]. The site had suffered a cataclysmic containment breach, resulting in the death's of nearly a hundred personnel, or so he was told. On awaking he was confronted by a room filled to capacity with people in argument. The most heated argument occuring between a huddle of men, some in jet black two piece suits, others in cream coloured three pieces.

"How could you let something like this happen!" shouted a man in a three-piece. "We nearly lost the whole site! This all occured right under your nose and you were idle."

A man in a black suit offered only a wry smirk of amusement. "Oh yes, Ethics Member, if only we had some kind of Committee in place to stop these things from happening."

The man in the three piece nearly throthed at the mouth. "You dare suggest this is OUR failing?"

"SILENCE! ALL OF YOU!"

Another man in a cream three-piece arrived with multiple MTF operatives surrounding him. He grips a thick cigar between his teeth and carries a brief case with him, chained to his wrist.

"I have lost more staff to this than any man present here, I shall be the judge of this man's fate.. by all medical accounts he is dead, not dead, but.. dead. No memory of.. past events.. exists within him. Therefore. It is my verdict that we allow this man to be born again. Let the Foundation make use of him, but if he shows any signs of recourse - we wash our hands of him."

Shekelstein drifts back to sleep.
The man in the cream three-piece had been monitoring Shekelstein's progress throughout his new career in the Foundation for a significant number of years now. He sat in a warmly lit boardroom, seated at the head of a long rectangular mahogany table , observing Shekelstein on a wide screen monitor. He had been watching him silently through security cameras, anonymously downloading his written works and monitoring his emails. There wasn't a trace of evidence to suggest he knew anything of his past. He watched when he was promoted to Security Captain, watched when he enlisted in The Hammers and even spied on his interview with the Council when he applied for the position of Chief of Security.

The man in the cream three-piece had seen right into his eyes then, or one of them at least, and saw nothing of the man who used to live behind them. Shekelstein's right eye was completely blown out, along with the right side of his skull. The medical department saw fit to give him a cybernetic implant to replace his lost eye. It stared out into the world, dark red and unblinking. How fitting to give a man an implant so unsettling when you try to convince the world he is not evil. Could they have at least made it a different colour?

The Ethics Committee grew worried then, that Shekelstein had some real authority again. Their response was unexpected - they bagged him and recruited him into the Laws Left Hand. So much easier to keep an eye on him if he is within their own flock. A smart move on our part, he thought - 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'. And then the most amusing development of all. He became one of the most qualified individuals available to fill an empty seat on the Committee.

The man slid a small wooden box out from underneath the table, placed it on top of the desk and opened it. A conventional, wired, white telephone sat inside, it had only one button on its dialface. C. He lifted the receiver to his ear and held the button down. A short moment passed before A picked up.

ECM: "Good Evening sir, requesting permission to brief the Committee on The Featherman."

C: "On what grounds?"

ECM: "His successor has become a suitable candidate, I wish to gather the Committee and hold a vote. They deserve to be fully briefed."

C: "He is in danger of being the only Member to have been recruited to CL5 twice."

ECM: "Indeed."

C pauses in contemplation.

C: "Granted. You will also inform the Council, if they find out about this promotion themselves we risk a misunderstanding that may result in further bloodshed over the matter."

ECM: "As you wish sir."

C hangs up the line.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
-Support

due to this being your second site command application 1st O5 and now ECM i personally believe you are applying for just about any SC position availible after being denied O5 you apply for ecm which is a bad look in my eyes i dont think you are suited for this position either go into site administration first before you go for SC position

Bailey

Jul 19, 2022
-Support

All I have to say is that it doesn't look good when you get denied for O5 and very quickly apply for Ethics afterwards which shows you aren't specifically interested in the individual roles and it appears you just want any Site Command Position, I would recommend trying to find something that you really are interested in and are going to be dedicated to

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
Untitled (3) (5).png

The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: Eidolon's application for a position on The Ethics Committee.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you for showing your interest as a member of the Ethics Committee, the committee is in agreeance that you are suited to be on The Ethics Committee and will give you the opportunity of an interview. Please contact me on Teamspeak once you're ready for your interview.

Once again, The Ethics Committee appreciates the time and effort you put into your application and congratulate you on moving to the next stage in the process.

Signed and Approved
Broda Kagen

Chairman of the Ethics Committee​

Status
Not open for further replies.