[UK] Exec. Researcher Application - Taylor 'Stopheart' Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tay

Feb 4, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:65213148
Discord name: Ei#4215
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Just under a 100 hours now.
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: BST
Character name(s): Taylor 'Stopheart' Vista
Civilian name: n/a
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes.
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

As of currently writing this, I am whitelisted for IA, Intel, and am an Nu-7 LCPL.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
None.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?

Short answer: I'm capable and willing to do the role. Long answer, it would be a boon for a new Research Branch I'm in the process of setting up. The type of boon? Well, that's relatively simple, but it requires me to give a little more information on this new branch. Let's set the scene:

You're alone in HCZ, an SCP breach is ongoing, it's lurking nearby and you've taken a bullet to the side from some clumsy E-11 Private. You're bleeding out, not long left until it all goes dark... BUT WAIT, what that's in your pocket? It looks like a chemical... and on its side, what logo is that? O.C.C.B.R... but what's that? Doesn't matter, you take a drink, your wounds stitch up, and *BANG* you're back on your legs and moving to safety.

Congratulations, you're safe and it's all thanks to that chemical with O.C.C.B.R on the side of it, whatever that even is.

Well, let me explain what O.C.C.B.R is, and once you learn that, you'll see exactly why I'm applying for Executive Researcher!

The Organised Combat Chemical Branch of Research, or O.C.C.B.R, is a subsection of the Research Department dictated to the study, acquisition and distribution of all discovered, and soon-to-be discovered Combat Chemicals for the express purpose of documentation and battlefield assistance for Foundation Mobile Task Force combat personnel.

Right, you got that? Great, That's the O.C.C.B.R, and the reason why I'm applying for Executive Researcher is so I can lead this potential new branch far more effectively than I could as a Sr. Researcher. I'm sure you can imagine the benefits that I'd have leading this branch as an Exec, access to Level 4 SCP samples, more effectively lead Researchers within my branch, and the ability to approve tests within my branch myself, instead of jumping over red tape to get another Exec to do so.

It'd help streamline the whole thing, and allow me to do my job to a far greater standard. It'd be a boon, not just to the O.C.C.B.R, but to the whole Foundation as a whole.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?

Experience, understanding, a willingness to teach, and a desire to learn what I still haven't been taught, however little that may be.
I've been a Sr. Researcher for a while now, and in a rather humorous way, I've probably done less research as a Sr. Researcher than I did as a regular and Jr. Researcher. Now, that might seem like a strange thing to say when I'm explaining why I'd be suitable for such an experienced role, but don't worry, it'll all make sense. As you see, instead of doing my own solo tests, for the past few weeks I've been almost exclusively helping and training Jr. Researchers and imparting them with the proper knowledge of testing, its aims, goals and the explanation they have to give to the D-Class to make sure all runs smoothly.

So I may not have been testing much, but the number of tests I've watched over, and the things I've taught to Jr. Researchers have easily far outvalued anything I could have done for the Foundation by just doing tests. After all, by helping our new blood, I'm doing my part to raise a new generation of Researchers, and as we all know in the Research Department, in most cases, it's the new blood that brings in the new ideas.

Now, for the rest, I am fully aware of all SCPs on site, including many off-site, and am able to test each effectively, and at such a low risk most of my D-Class survive to tell the tale... unless they're not meant to tell the tale, then we get the Class-A. Moving on, my ability to relay information and safely guide D-Class through my experiments is why they keep surviving, I make sure to clearly lay out the goal and the best method to achieve it while ensuring that their lives are safe in my hands, either via my instructions or by having stationed medical personnel to help tend to any missteps the D-Class may have. Experiments might be what we do here at the Foundation, but behind those experiments is life-saving research, and to achieve that without loss of life on our part, is the grandest of goals!

What's next? I suppose it's my leadership qualities, I know where I stand, but you don't, so let me tell you a little about what I do and hopefully, you'll gain some more insight into me.

I've served within high ranks in a number of groups and communities, and while I could bore you with a list of all my experiences. I believe it would be better for me to tell you what I’ve learnt over the years, and thus giving you the fruit of that experience!

Firstly, I’ve learnt appearances matter, a lot. How you act as a leader to both those below you, equal to you and above you says a lot about you. Act as a tyrant to the Researchers below you and others will see you as a bad leader who is power-playing on others. Act like the higher-ups are Gods, and then you are seen as a suck-up. The key is rather easy to figure out, the issue is some people struggle to implement it. Respect! That's it, respect those above, below and equal to you, treat them all as your fellow researcher, because they are, and help them when they need it, and they'll help you when you do. Stay professional, follow the appropriate rules and showcase yourself as an example of an excellent leader and Exec. Researcher, then you’ll have those below you respect you and strive to follow your example, and those above you appreciate your abilities and view your opinions in a better light.

Secondly, my adaptability. Adaptability may seem like an odd leadership ability to list, that is until you realise that the Foundation is full of unpredictable things that seem to pop up out of nowhere. It might be something as simple as a Jr. Researcher messing up a test that you have to come in to fit, explain what went wrong, and help the Jr get back on track to get everything sorted and prevent it from happening again. Or, it might be something a little more complex like the SCP you're testing suddenly breaching, which has happened to me, and I'm sure it's happened to many other Researchers. And in this case, it happened to me, with SCP-049 while I was in the midst of an interview with four other Sr. Researchers, three of which were infected right after the breach, and the final one, along with me managed to survive the whole Code 5 by hiding in the corner behind a filing cabinet, not the bravest way to do it, but Researchers are meant to be smart, not brave!

And finally, my positive attitude! While it may not seem like the most important thing in a leader the reality is that no one wants a grumpy leader who expects everything to go right. This does not mean to say I will talk to you like a mother to a newborn, Nope I’ll definitely still chew you out if need be. However I am also aware not everything goes to plan and everyone makes honest mistakes which most of the time are caused due to lack of knowledge rather than incompetent action, This is where my positive attitude comes into play, I will recognize your mistake and help you to fix it, to teach you where you went wrong and how best we can prevent it happening in the future thus helping mould you into the best Researcher you can be!

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?

None, the only thing I've written so far is a 3K word document and manual on the O.C.C.B.R, which I know the Higher-ups at the Research Department have, and I'm sure that'll be enough to showcase my ability at writing. I am after all an author, so it'd be a little embarrassing to fail the writing segment of this.

In regards to what makes a document excellent, it's pretty much common sense. Excellent grammar, clear goals, aims and a conclusion, making sure to include your hypothesis and perhaps a summary of what when wrong and what could be done in the future to prevent this, obviously assuming anything went wrong. You could also expand upon this by including what you'd do differently in future tests of the same to perhaps get a different result and then compare the two tests. And naturally, a good layout is needed, if your work is just blocks of text and hard to read, then it is not excellent. Finally, let's not forget the RP elements, after all, you're supposed to be a Researcher of the Foundation, so you might as well act like one even when writing your documents!

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:

To be both teachers and leaders of the Research Department, everyone has questions, everyone needs answers. It's literally the entire point of being a researcher, so I want to be the Executive Researcher that can help if someone has an answer, or perhaps an interesting cross-test that they've written up and handed to me, I want to be the guy who'll look it over, give them compliments and a few tips, hand it back and help them get on with it.

We're the example of the research department, the poster child per see. When somebody asks about the Research Department, they look towards the Execs to see how it's going, to see what is accepted, and from witnessing all the good the Execs do, they strive to be like them.

So, in summary, what are an Executive Researcher's responsibilities in RP?

To be the best damnd Researchers there are!

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

When one is born in the midst of rural China as a third son to a farmer, there are few who believe they will do great things. And as the third son, he had no choice but to join the Chinese army, the only way out of this life for the child who will inherit nothing but tears on his father's death. It is this hopeful life that Qiáo Shan lives, to fight and die for China is honourable, as honourable as dying for any cause. But war is not a cause that Qiáo Shan wishes to fight for, let alone die for. And so, once he had saved up enough money over the years of his honourable service, he when AWOL, vanished into the Chinese night, sneaked abroad a ship bound for Japan, then hopped onto one set for the US, and left his homeland far behind.

The years in America were not hard for Qiáo Shan, maybe for another man, but after what he had endured, it felt like nothing more than a mudded ground upon which he must set his foundations upon. And set he did, he changed his name to Taylor Vista, an Americanized name to better fit in, by pure chance he managed to get a scholarship into a college at the age of 29, and from there he delves deep into the sciences, and from it all, chemistry was what caught his eye. He had taken life with war, and perhaps he may save life from war, or... more specifically, from the medicines used in war. So he learnt, and he learnt, and as he finished college, and landed a job at a pharmaceutical company, he finally began to save lives instead of take them, it was his repentance, and his chance to heal the wounds he had infected on humanity.

It was this work that drew the eyes of the Foundation, each paper Qiáo Shan wrote, was more and more advantaged, asked harder and harder questions with each line, an obvious curiosity that lay endless between stars, and a heart of pure gold that merely wanted to benefit humanity. He was an easy hire.
Qiáo Shan, better known as Taylor Vista, was an instant hit at the Foundation, learning more and more, and eventually, teaching more and more. Making friends and allies, researching SCPs and their applications to better mankind, his work garnered more attention each day, and finally, he decided he could do more good as an Executive Researcher, than he could as a Sr. Researcher... and that led him to here.

Thank You for reading

- Taylor 'Stopheart' Vista

Last edited:

McFlurry

Feb 7, 2023
+support
OCCBR is an excellent idea that should definitely be implemented
other than that,
+great app
+good lore
+active

-no excellent docs

Goondra "Sleepy"

Dec 9, 2022
+ Support
Amazing work in Nu-7
Shows Dedication to research
Amazing pre Doc for OCCBR

-No excellent docs

Buddy Please Touch Grass

Deleted member 3942

Application Accepted

Greetings @Tay . Thank you for taking your time to write an executive application. We are pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted and your request has been elevated to the next level. Please contact either myself or Dpt. Director Dr ShadyDave for an interview.

Yours sincerely,
Dpt. Director Dr Engallagher Carmine Ludenberg

Status
Not open for further replies.