Rule Suggestion [UK] Foundation should not be allowed in surface vents.

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doped

SCP-RP Staff
May 28, 2023
Earth
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
-It makes Foundation members who can leave the Facility unable to stay in surface vents, waiting for a parawatch/civilian/CI to appear.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
-Not sure.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Gives CI more of chance to Main Raid/Deep Cover
-Doesn't allow DEA/NU7 to hide in them , due to CI not being allowed in vents without a MR/DC being authorized

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-DEA/NU7 not liking this suggestion
-Easier DCs/MRs

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
-It helps us Chaos Insurgency do proper Raids, because at the current moment , if there is an enemy in the surface vents , any raid can end in less than 20 seconds.
DEA/NU7 may not like this suggestion , but this is the only fair thing to do for more RP situations.

Reactions: MalekIsWeird

MalekIsWeird

Jan 28, 2024
-Support

CI are camping little rats, why can't yall let DEA and Nu7 camp? (Also DEA could just use drones above vents)
If anybody is a rat for camping it’s the ones who have triple the man power, better guns and can come back to fight after dying.

+Support for the suggestion.

It makes zero sense how anyone can believe it’s fun to camp a vent for up to 45 minutes just to ruin someone else’s raid before it practically even began.

"Puggo"

Dec 30, 2022
Is this a major issue on the UK site where people will sit in vents camping and waiting for CI Deep Covers or Main Raids?

All of the +Supports are all UK members and all of the -Supports are USA players

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
-Support
Just seems like a UK Leadership issue, it's fine on US

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
oh my god taking a civi disguise makes you invisible i never knew
Makes it where they can't just KOS. Or do like another guy said and just throw a fuckin nade in there. Or take a foundation disguise from surface. DEA and NU7 are abundant on surface, then just walk through the front gate.

There's option. Just cause the easiest one isn't as easy now doesn't mean it's completely ruined every other one.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Makes it where they can't just KOS. Or do like another guy said and just throw a fuckin nade in there. Or take a foundation disguise from surface. DEA and NU7 are abundant on surface, then just walk through the front gate.
Foundation will still KOS, call it out, they dont care a lot of the time (From what i've seen)
My goodness guys! 2 SOP are heading to vents for no real reason! Let me just ask on Comms if any SOP are going to vents and take a course of action from there!
Going through the Front Gate is just a bad idea a lot of the time honestly.

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
Foundation will still KOS, call it out, they dont care a lot of the time (From what i've seen)
My goodness guys! 2 SOP are heading to vents for no real reason! Let me just ask on Comms if any SOP are going to vents and take a course of action from there!
Going through the Front Gate is just a bad idea a lot of the time honestly.
If they do KOS unarmed civis in vents report it. That's failrp, if you had a keycard get it back. People start getting warns and no reward they'll stop doing it.

Again, they can't KOS you, and if you're a DC heading to vents scout the area first, kill the people around it with other CI assistance, mostly marksmans.

Going through front gate is most of the time best tactic. It's a normal thing and you can make up excuses. "Oh I'm getting a diffrent gun/new comms, some civi stripped mine when I wasn't paying attention." If they stop you after that for not comm'ing "I got my comms stripped, I was getting new ones, I couldn't reply." They could codeword check you tho, but most are too lazy to even go that far.

Reactions: Pupper

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
well, my take on this was very swiftly denied for a somewhat dumb reason imo, so given that yours is more restrictive in nature, i can't see this being accepted at all. good luck though.

Last edited:

François "Napoléon"

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Feb 16, 2023
suggestion is more referring to camping the vents, and not entering it.

imagine if F couldnt enter there own vents :skull:
Again we only camp if raid team was spotted about to leave base. We don't just stand there for 2 hours waiting on you guys.

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
+/- Neutral
Although it is annoying, implementing it for IC issues rather than a blanket rule would be a better solution.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Again we only camp if raid team was spotted about to leave base. We don't just stand there for 2 hours waiting on you guys.
@Johnson J. Marauder @Niox honestly in light of this, you should make it CI policy to randomly just sometimes false flag - like do the whole procedure like you're about to go raid, then actually just circle back around and head into base instead.

give them bad information and make them go camp vents for no reason. sow doubt, make your actual MRs and DCs easier

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
@Johnson J. Marauder @Niox honestly in light of this, you should make it CI policy to randomly just sometimes false flag - like do the whole procedure like you're about to go raid, then actually just circle back around and head into base instead.

give them bad information and make them go camp vents for no reason. sow doubt, make your actual MRs and DCs easier
they do that

Glovano

Aug 19, 2022
+/- Neutral
I like the IC policy that US has which should be implemented.
The mass cope is wild with barely good reasons.
It should not be a server rule tho

Niox

Jan 23, 2023

when I was a DELCOM I was told it was baiting and therefore against the rules, so idk I’ve never properly tried it again.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
when I was a DELCOM I was told it was baiting and therefore against the rules, so idk I’ve never properly tried it again.
???????????
how far did you go exactly? like i don't mean all the way to vents entrance, i just mean when you get to main road, instead of going towards vents, go towards GOC and then circle around the far end of the map until you're back at base. confuse the fuck out of nu7 & DEA

Status
Not open for further replies.