Rule Suggestion [UK] Foundation should not be allowed in surface vents.

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doped

SCP-RP Staff
May 28, 2023
Earth
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
-It makes Foundation members who can leave the Facility unable to stay in surface vents, waiting for a parawatch/civilian/CI to appear.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
-Not sure.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Gives CI more of chance to Main Raid/Deep Cover
-Doesn't allow DEA/NU7 to hide in them , due to CI not being allowed in vents without a MR/DC being authorized

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-DEA/NU7 not liking this suggestion
-Easier DCs/MRs

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
-It helps us Chaos Insurgency do proper Raids, because at the current moment , if there is an enemy in the surface vents , any raid can end in less than 20 seconds.
DEA/NU7 may not like this suggestion , but this is the only fair thing to do for more RP situations.

Reactions: MalekIsWeird

Geronimo

Jan 29, 2023
United Kingdom
-Support
seems like a ragepost - DEA/Nu7 can't sit and hide inside of vents (as far as im aware) without IC knowledge that theres a possible raid incoming, be sneaky
can easily push with a shield up front first anyways if needed

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
should be an ic thing and not punishable ooc
This suggestion might make more sense, like it's weird to sit inside vents but guarding the exits is still fine imo since that's foundation territory

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
Nu7/DEA trying to stop GOI raids should do so via surface patrols and perimeter enforcement, not by camping.

could be worded a little better as it sounds like just from the title that they can't just go in vents for any reason and people will -support because of that, but like i get what you mean that they shouldn't just camp vents
it like, never happens too.
i and multiple others can confirm past instances of Nu-7 or DEA camping vents ahead of an MR

Reactions: MalekIsWeird

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
i and multiple others can confirm past instances of Nu-7 or DEA camping vents ahead of an MR
If this happens report it to the respective CO's - Auburn has said before now not to camp in the vents.

However if you're caught going to the vents while we are on patrol near vents, that's just an issue of scouts not scouting. At least when Johnson has been on, scouting has been more through and raids haven't been as easily called out.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
If this happens report it to the respective CO's - Auburn has said before now not to camp in the vents
honestly i think it should just be considered failrp/metagaming

like geronimo said anyway
DEA/Nu7 can't sit and hide inside of vents (as far as im aware) without IC knowledge that theres a possible raid incoming, be sneaky
like what IC reason do you have to sit in the vent and jump CI/GOC other than "lol they're gonna MR" that's 100% not valid lmao

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
-support

honestly, with all due respect this is a cope suggest, Vents is foundation land and as such belongs to them and they can defend it however they please, including using vents

also, say CI or some other threat are in the site and you, a foundation member have to catch up or get ahead of CI To stop them and MG is not an option, what do you do then? waste chems like 106 hoping to find your way in?

doped

SCP-RP Staff
May 28, 2023
Earth
honestly i think it should just be considered failrp/metagaming

like geronimo said anyway

like what IC reason do you have to sit in the vent and jump CI/GOC other than "lol they're gonna MR" that's 100% not valid lmao
?

Gasmask Person

Sep 25, 2022
+Support

It's just such a boring, lazy way to counter raids/DC's, do patrols and recon not just sit in vents like some goblin.

Reactions: doped

Gasmask Person

Sep 25, 2022
also, say CI or some other threat are in the site and you, a foundation member have to catch up or get ahead of CI To stop them and MG is not an option, what do you do then? waste chems like 106 hoping to find your way in?
This suggestion is to stop them from STAYING in vents, not to completely block them from entering vents what so ever, camping is a boring method for defence and shouldn't be used.

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

doped

SCP-RP Staff
May 28, 2023
Earth
-support

honestly, with all due respect this is a cope suggest, Vents is foundation land and as such belongs to them and they can defend it however they please, including using vents

i didnt say you cant get inside facility through surface vents , i said you cant camp them , meaning waiting for CI/parawatch to get inside them and stop whatever they planned without RP being included, you are lit not proving your point right now

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
i didnt say you cant get inside facility through surface vents , i said you cant camp them , meaning waiting for CI/parawatch to get inside them and stop whatever they planned without RP being included, you are lit not proving your point right now
.......i read wrong

01b.gif

Freddo

Blacklisted Player
Jun 21, 2023
-Support

CI are camping little rats, why can't yall let DEA and Nu7 camp? (Also DEA could just use drones above vents)

Status
Not open for further replies.