Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 29, 2021
Harelbeke, Belgium
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): fendim1
How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): 3d23h
In what country are you located?: Belgium
Time zone: GMT+1/GMT+2(current)
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): IA Agent / Nu-7 PVT Gregory "Archangel" McCain
Chaos name (include your rank): Alpha Adam "Ranger" McCain
Civilian name: Gregory "Shuteye" McDonald
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:61544172
Do you have a mic?: Yes, I have a Yeti X
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- I do have one warning for FailRP, this was at the verry beginning I started playing and didn't understand the whole concept of everything. After adjusting for a bit, I have yet to recieve another warning.

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:
- Yes, I have been a P-Admin within another server. P-Admin (Permanent Admin) is the 3rd rank a person can achieve (moderator - Trial Admin - Permanent Admin). This rank was was an entrusted member of the staff team and had a ban capacity up to 7 days, we could also train new moderators and where entrusted with checking how moderators did and report any violations against the staff guidelines to Double Administrators and above.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
- Not really, my previous server (3.000 hours active playtime) was a Semi-Serious Clone Wars Roleplay server, things like mixing and other stuff where not a thing, I have held the rank of Veteran gamemaster on that server, and during events, gamemasters could not break RP or abuse the powers given to them. Combining my old staff rank (P-Admin) and my rank as VGM, I think I am mature and serious enough to handle myself within a serious RP server. For example, I will take sits ghosted or check on people before teleporting them to not halt RP in progress, only interrupt the roleplay if deemed serious enough.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
- This can vary a lot, both with my job and other hobby's outside of Garry's Mod. However, when I'm just working at the jobsite and get regular hours, I can play up to 6/8 hours a day, most of these hours will however be on the later time of day, since I will be working during the standard 9-5 hours.

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:
- As I see it now, a lot of rulebreaking will go unnoticed and a lot of LTAP is happening all around the site, some people do not have medal installed and simply don't think it is needed to make a sit to report behavior against the server rules. As an old P-Admin, this does however bother me. The standard of a roleplay server is set in where the players itself draw the line and how staff conduct themselves on the server. Because of this, I wish to join the team and learn the day to day buisinnes of the team to fully migrate myself into the culture and better the standard of the server, to the best of my ability.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
- A couple of things could make me stand out from the other applicants. For example, I am a bit older, so I should be mature enough to uphold the staff guidelines and other regulations on the server. I also play on the "off hours" of the server, where a lot of rulebreaking happens and where active staff is needed to enforce the rules. See it as a nightwatcher, if you will. Besides all of this, I also have experience within 2 staff teams (GMod/TF2) and thus know what I'm getting myself into. After reading all documentation on the staff team, I can safely say that this staff is one of the better equiped teams and by the looks of it, would make a great fit within it.

Thank you for reading my application,
Please provide some constructive feedback,
Hope you have a nice day,
Aedius

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Hello Aedius,

After reading your application, I am going to issue a Neutral (leaning to a +support) Verdict at this time.

Your application is well written and you have so great experience in Roleplay servers in the past with previous staff experience resulting in transferrable skills.

However I do have a couple of things that are preventing me from giving a full support such as, you do not have lots of experience within a Serious RP setting, of which these are quite different to Semi-Serious, as things are expected to be 100% immersed unless otherwise paused by staff members.

Furthermore with this being an issue with me, I have not seen you around the site or in roleplay, as such I cannot ascertain your knowledge of the rules, RP and also your maturity.

But a plus point is this sentence here;
I wish to join the team and learn the day to day buisinnes of the team to fully migrate myself into the culture and better the standard of the server, to the best of my ability.

You have shown maturity and understanding that the staff team is not just about running around with power and enforcing the rules but also about being a member of the community which shows a mature outlook and understanding of how communities are run.

I wish you the best of luck and have a nice day.
- Yeke

Gregory McCain

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 29, 2021
Harelbeke, Belgium
Hello Aedius,

After reading your application, I am going to issue a Neutral (leaning to a +support) Verdict at this time.

Your application is well written and you have so great experience in Roleplay servers in the past with previous staff experience resulting in transferrable skills.

However I do have a couple of things that are preventing me from giving a full support such as, you do not have lots of experience within a Serious RP setting, of which these are quite different to Semi-Serious, as things are expected to be 100% immersed unless otherwise paused by staff members.

Furthermore with this being an issue with me, I have not seen you around the site or in roleplay, as such I cannot ascertain your knowledge of the rules, RP and also your maturity.

You have shown maturity and understanding that the staff team is not just about running around with power and enforcing the rules but also about being a member of the community which shows a mature outlook and understanding of how communities are run.

- Yeke

Hello Yeke,

First of all, I really appreciate you replying to my application, it's always nice to have some feedback and know where you stand within the community. Applying makes us reflect, always great. Now, to get to the point;

On your first remark, the diffrence between Semi-Serious and Serious roleplay, I do understand how this works, this is how the gamemaster team had to operate on the server on a day-to-day bias. When holding an event, we couldn't stop roleplay for 100+ people, so whatever happend, you continued. I usually see playing on the server something along these lines, you are always in character and are not to bring anything outside the actual IG knowledge to your roleplay. This was however hard at first, but after the grace period, I think I'm already well adjusted. There will always be room for improvement - This is the case for all of us - and I will take every single oppurtonity I see to improve my own roleplay.

I usually play from 20:00 GMT+2 untill 2:00 GMT+2. If I assume you are from the GMT timezone, you should see me active at around 22:00 your local time, this might cause us to miss one another, I'm not sure however. I have been playing every single day for the last couple of days, this for multiple hours a day. It's honestly strange we've never met in game before.

On the quote, yes, I do have a decent amount of knowledge on this specific topic. As a medium level staff on my previous server, I honestly already could tell who would fit within the current team and who would fall out. The team you are working with should not adjust to you, you have applied to join their ranks, so you adjust to their standards. Many people tend to forget this.

And again, I really do appreciate your feedback. I admire someone like you - Who's honest and will give some actual pointers on applications - things like this should be more common, helping one another out on topics that are not evident to talk about, giving an opinion, even on a person, with explenation and not against the person itself, but from the actual observation one does make of another person.

Thank you again for your reply, it has honestly given me more insight.
- Gregory/Aedius

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022

+/- Neutral and leaning to + Support.

+/- Due to how I haven't interacted with you much.
+ Although the small interactions that I've had with you, you were very friendly, understanding, mature, and seemingly knowledgable about the rules.
+ Only 1 warning, with no bans; which is perfectly normal.

Kw1ll

Apr 16, 2022
Hello Aedius,

- Yeke
-Neutral leaning towards +Support due to the points stated above

Gian Carlo

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 16, 2022
+Support

+ Well-written application
+ Friendly
+ Mature

+/- Not active as frequent

Good luck!

Daanvy

CG Super VIP
Donator
Feb 20, 2021
Netherlands
Application Accepted

Hi @Gregory McCain ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, please join the Interview Waiting Room in TeamSpeak and put "Waiting for Interview" in your name so we can proceed with the next stage of the process.​

Status
Not open for further replies.