• A-1 CPL (held)
  • O-1 PVT (held)
  • Nu-7 PVT (held)
  • CI-A (held)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
One day forum ban, later removed;
No in-game warnings/bans.

Why are you applying for Site Advisor?

My current experience within clearance level 4 positions (all of them being administrative/non-combatant) make me feel more than experienced and capable enough to take the responsibilities of the position of Site Advisor back under my wings.
I previously held the job and can tell you it is not something to mess around with. As a member of site administration, you will have an impact on the whole site and you are expected to be ready to help out with any problem that is thrown at you, even if it is not within your clearance or power. This is one of the reasons I liked Site Advisor a lot, you always have things to do and could always improve inter-departmental relations or could do interviews with different members of staff, make documentation for departments, or work on other inspections. The day is completely open and changes at a rapid pace.

"One moment you are writing up an interview with a medical consultant and the next minute, you can be found in the Emergency Operation Center trying to coordinate a Code 5 to the best of your possibilities, authorizing AA for E-11 NCO+ while you get information of a CI being within SCP 096 chamber." - I still stand by this statement and I feel nostalgic of the days I was fully emerged with the whole site, trying to better it with every single cell of my body.

I genuinely liked this line of work, but I left the previous time I held the position because as a team, we were most of the time not in TeamSpeak with each other and I've felt more excluded than an actual part of the roleplay happening around the site. Now that the site administration team is working closely with each other and I have better relations with different departments and MTFs all around the server, I filled the feeling of being alone and completely emerged myself within the community, this has now become one of the reasons I'm hopping online and actually want to move on within the Chain of Command again. I am confident that my administrative and leadership skills are fully up to match the description of a member of the Site Administration team.

What makes you suitable for Site Administration?

As explained above, I already have experience with being a Site Advisor and loved the actual work. Even after leaving, you could find me writing up documentation or trying to incorporate protocols and standards within the MTF/Department I was part of. I also took the Department of Intelligence under my wing and updated the training slides, updates the current roster, and incorporated a fully automated google forms doc with linked answers to the roster, automatically graded and color-coded. After the completion of a project like this, I feel like I actually made a positive impact that could last for months for multiple players. This is something I actually love to do, you are not just implementing things, you are making the experience better for all of those who are involved with the department or MTF.

Besides this, I have a great set of leadership skills that have been shown on multiple occasions. As a member of Site Administration, you take a big leap within the Chain of Command, and you are seen as someone that everyone could go to with their problems. Within the Chain of Command, you also take up most of the problems before they move on to Site Command. You are the first step towards fixing an actual problem (either by doing a report and finding out or by being called). This is basically what I've been doing during my whole stay on the server, but I now want to expand my flow over multiple departments and MTFs, I wish to be an approachable guy who people don't feel hesitated to when call for help. One thing to always remember is to be professional and firm, you can not be caught with violations of the Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics, or the Legal Codex, since you are a role model for those below you and you should demand the respect of those below you, without inflicting fear.

The whole role is about being the person that people need you to be. You need to be empathic since people could come to you with personal problems that they have with their CL4 members of staff or it could be a director that steps out of line, where you as site administrator should be jumping in to help get things back on track. On multiple occasions, you are the missing link within a big chain that is vital to the facility and it is your job to make sure that the job runs. Just by typing about the role, I'm already falling back in love with it.

What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:

First of all, site advisors are usually assigned two departments or MTFs to overlook. If the site administration team runs low on numbers, a third could be assigned to keep the overlooking fluid without hiccups. You could even be assigned to backup over another department or MTF if the need arises, but this practice is however almost never used.

You are also required to be active and professional on facility grounds. You are to be impartial with everything that you do and should be ready to update yourself with the different documents and department policies to further emerge yourself with the relationships between departments.
You should be familiar with the struggles that departments frequently run into and you should always be trying to find a fix for those problems. Your day does not revolve around walking around and making sure you are seen, it's about actively searching for arising problems and smashing them before it becomes something that actually starts inflicting the whole site.

Besides this, during for example facility-wide codes, you are there to keep the whole site up to date on the matter. You ask for status reports on the different codes, assign members to different locations, or give orders to further try to get the code concluded in record time. You have many tools available to you to make these things happen, such as Advanced Armoury for MTFs, but also training protocols (like a training code black) or even setting up training with different departments and MTFs yourself.

In my honest opinion, the worst member a site administration team could have is someone that is just sitting around being passive and only engaging when problems arise.

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

- Gregory McCain, freshly parted from his studies in Global Politics at ███████ University, Belgium, started looking for a job on the local job website. After spending some time and landing his first job in the office of Internal Affairs of the Belgium minister of the said department and showing a good understanding of politics, leadership, and the capacity to work nights on end, Gregory was given the nickname "Archangel", a callsign to reflect his ability to guide those serving under him within his team. After working in the office for close to 2 years, McCain was approached by two men in black suits. They explained to Gregory that his work has not gone unnoticed and requested if he would like another job offer. Gregory kindly refused, showed the two men out, and thanked them for the offer. With no contact in any way, Gregory woke up in a dimly lit room, feeling dizzy. In front of him were the same two men, they explained that he was now taken to an SCP facility overseas since the local facility personnel might know his personal information. He was explained that he was to be assigned to the Department of Internal Affairs, and after hearing the introduction of the two men, Gregory fell in love with the idea and agreed upon the new job opportunity.

After working within the Department of Internal Affairs for some years, Gregory was called to the office of the department. With a small heart, Gregory opened up the door and entered. He was promptly told to sit on the chair in front of the desk, gulping while sitting down, Gregory looked at a man he admired from the first day since he agreed upon taking the role within the foundation. The Director started talking about the last evaluations of all personnel within the Internal Affairs Department. Gregory started to sweat, even tho knowing his evolution to be good. The report was fully read in front of him. After the end of the report, the director laid the papers down and finished with a simple question:

' We only have one final question, your work here until now has been an example to others... How does Ambassador sound?"

After 2 years within the Department of Internal Affairs, Gregory learned the ins and outs of the whole site he was stationed at. He more and more became interested in overviewing and helping people outside of the department. And that is just what he did. He started helping those in other departments, enlightening them on protocols, procedures, and events that have led to the current state of the facility. After these two years, he becomes known around the facility as someone who is open to questions and willing to help in a different matter. His experience as a leading figure within the Department of Internal Affairs has helped him to develop into someone who is capable of leading multiple people, advising others, and taking care and leadership roles in any situation assigned to him.

Site Administration and ███████ started noticing this, after receiving reports about his helping hand in facility-wide problems, assigning MTFs to specific locations during visitations, and reflecting papers handed to them from other facility site administration personnel visiting Site-65.

McCain, now close to 35 years old, was called to the office of the standing Site Director and was questioned on the matter at hand. Gregory explained;

- McCain: "Sir, with all respect, I only was trying to help others. I did not want to interfere with their day-to-day operations.'-

- Site Director: "McCain... I never told you that I didn't like the way you operate, I just wanted to know why you do it. It's above your paygrade, you are only assigned to work with Internal Affairs, not overlook the whole site."

- McCain: "Euhm... I just like helping people I assume? I know that other ambassadors within the Department of Internal Affairs are doing a really good job, so when they are overlooking the working of the department, I just focus myself more on the whole facility instead of just IA."

- Site Director: "Ah... I see, you know, I could use someone like you. You are familiar with the Code of Conduct, know the Code of Ethics, enforce the Legal Codex, and are already advising and reporting problems that plague the site."

- McCain: "Yes, I'd love to advise you on the matter, I'll do it during my downtime as Ambassador, I'll send you emails with my findings, and I w..." [[INTERRUPTED BY THE DIRECTOR LIFTING HIS FINGER]]

- Site Director: "McCain... Listen, I don't want you to report to me in your free time, I wish you'd help me out with information and reports the whole day, not just after you are done with your ambassador duties. I also would like you here, by my side, not just to hear from you over e-mail. I'm assigning you to full-time Site Advisor."

After 2 years as a member of Site Administration, Gregory learned that the endless amount of paper was making him demotivated. To combat this, Site Advisor McCain could be found within the kill house during his spare time. After contacting the members of Alpha-1, McCain was found to be a decent shot and transferred over to the regiment. During his stay within the regiment, Gregory used his experience and documentation skills to further update and revamp some of the documentation within the regiment, implementing a set of rules, guidelines, and other things. Because of his outstanding work, Gregory was promoted to the non-commissioned officer within the regiment. After he felt that his job there was done, he filled up an application to the O5 council, asking them if they need any assistance. He had high hopes for this position, hoping he could now start making changes for the better towards the whole foundation instead of a few departments or regiments at a time.

McCain now spends his time helping out the O5 council and working alongside them, one problem at a time. The council noticed that McCain was doing his job to a satisfactory level and determined his skillset could be reassigned to the site administration team. This would however cost them an assistant. They started their weekly meeting, and the sixth point of the meeting finally arrived:

O5-1: 'Alright, gentleman. We're almost at the end of our meeting, we now have arrived at the 'McCain' questions.'

O5-3: 'This guy really is dedicated to fixing problems, isn't he?'

O5-5: 'It seems like it. He is however doing good work when being assigned to something.'

O5-3: 'That's right, -5. Now, we talked about giving him more freedom, do we trust him enough?'

O5-1: 'Gentleman, do not forget his pledge within Alpha-1. He would lay his life for the foundation.'

O5-6: 'So what are you suggesting we do in that case?'

O5-1: 'Well, I think we could assign him back to site administration. A spot just came free and he has proven that he could implement or better multiple departments, meaning he can see problems and work those problems away before they actually start disrupting the whole site.'

O5-7: 'I can vouch for him, he automated a lot of things for me within Intelligence, and he also worked with me when...'

<O5-9 'The Timekeeper' interrupting O5-7 by holding up his hand, signing him to stay silent>

O5-9: 'I hate to break it to you, but we only got 2 minutes left on this subject, he's currently waiting outside, he has no idea. Can we start the vote?'

O5-1: 'Thanks, -9. Those in favor? Raise your hands...'

Seconds later, the large doors to the meeting room opened up and McCain was called inside. In front of him lay retirement papers that removed him from site administration, and next to it, a heavily redacted document about his time within Alpha-1. McCain took place at the empty seat and looked upon the O5 members present, some on a video call and some physically present. He took the document of his time within Site Administration and noticed that the stamp saying 'REASSIGNED' was still there. He looked up to O5-1 and laid his papers down. -1 smirking at McCain while reaching for papers from the binder in front of him.

O5-1: 'McCain, you'll be going back to site-65 for a new assignment.'

McCain: 'Sir, with all respect, but I just returned from there. I did what you asked, I made a full report on the General Security Depa...'

O5-1: 'McCain, shut up for a second, will you?'

McCain: 'Sorry, sir."

O5-1: ' We came to an agreement, you'll be reassigned to the site administration team within Site-65.'

McCain: 'Does that mean I'm done for as an assistant?'

O5-1: 'Did I say so?'

McCain: 'I understand, I'll be packing my bags and I'll be on my way at first light.'

Files on Gregory McCain:
CLEARANCE LEVEL 4:

- Personnel file

Last edited:

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
+Support

You are one of the friendliest personnel considering I have not interacted with You that much, yet every interaction has been very fun!

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Gregory McCain

Slash

Dec 18, 2021

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████ .

Hello, @Gregory McCain

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.