Not open for further replies.

Gregory McCain

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 29, 2021
Harelbeke, Belgium
trialmod.png
  1. Original Steam login name (your account first ever name): Fendim1
  2. How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): 5 days, 16 hours (played since June 2022)
  3. Age: 24
  4. In what country are you located?: Belgium
  5. Time zone: GMT+1
  6. Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): Overseer assistant, Intel & IA Ambassador Gregory 'Shepherd' McCain
  7. Chaos name (include your rank): Recruit Gregory 'shuteye' McDonald
  8. Civilian name: Gregory McCain
  9. Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:61544172
  10. Discord ID (name#0000): Aedius #0001
  11. Do you have a mic?: Yes
  12. What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
  • I have received a single forum ban for one day. This has now been ruled as a simple mistake.
    This ban was issued by Cloak. This was given for replying to a community blacklist appeal, I did not see any post about not being able to reply to those specific reports, so I gave my opinion on the matter. Myself and a couple of others were banned for 24 hours. After talking with Cloak, it was removed because there was no post in this category saying that we could not reply.

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:
  • I have been within this staff team before. The reason I do not have to make a resignation appeal is to the matter I have never been above the rank of Trial Moderator. I do however have experience within both the gamemaster team and staff team on this server, so getting familiar again with the controls should be possible with a few refreshers. I do assure you, I do not think that I know everything about being a member of staff nor do I claim to have such knowledge.

• As stated in my previous application, I have been a Permanent Admin (P-Admin), equivalent to Senior Moderator and Veteran Gamemaster, equivalent to the rank of Gamemaster in a previous community. I also left this community after playing there since 2011, so you can see that I stay loyal to a single community for a long period of time. I'm also planning to do the same thing here.

"Yes, I have been a P-Admin within another server. P-Admin (Permanent Admin) is the 3rd rank a person can achieve (moderator - Trial Admin - Permanent Admin). This rank was an entrusted member of the staff team and had a ban capacity of up to 7 days, we could also train new moderators and were entrusted with checking how moderators did and reporting any violations against the staff guidelines to Double Administrators and above."

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
  • My main experience with serious roleplay comes from this server alone. I have always played semi-serious roleplay servers before and I would have to admit, it was a big adjustment. I do however like this set of rules more and can find myself in how the server operates. Being a fairly long-standing member of this community, I can safely say that I learned a lot from the position I've held and the people both above and below me within the Chain of Command. As a final point, I would love to say that experience is not everything within a serious roleplay server, as those who have good intent tend to learn quickly and adapt nicely to the environment while others simply refuse to do so.

"Not really, my previous server (3.000 hours active playtime) was a Semi-Serious Clone Wars Roleplay server, things like mixing and other stuff were not a thing, I have held the rank of Veteran gamemaster on that server, and during events, gamemasters could not break RP or abuse the powers given to them. Combining my old staff rank (P-Admin) and my rank as VGM, I think I am mature and serious enough to handle myself within a serious RP server. For example, I will take sits ghosted or check on people before teleporting them to not halt RP in progress, only interrupt the roleplay if deemed serious enough."

How many hours can you be on every day?:
  • This will vary from time to time. I have a rather busy life and can not commit too much time on the weekends, but I can be active almost every single day of the week for multiple hours on end. My current job allows me to take up regular hours and this makes it possible for me to schedule different assignments like Admin On Duty (AOD), sit counts, and the possible addition of a team, later down the line.

"This can vary a lot, both with my job and another hobby outside of Garry's Mod. However, when I'm just working at the Jobsite and get regular hours, I can play up to 6/8 hours a day, most of these hours will however be at the later time of day since I will be working during the standard 9-5 hours.."

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:
  • After the first time being a member of staff, I realized that I still felt homesick towards my other community. There is no wrongdoing or malintent within this period. I was simply offered a position as a gamemaster and admin to fully commit my time back to my old community. I left this community for a two-week period and returned to my old community. I do however wish that I would have never taken the offer that was given to me. I almost instantly took regret to this decision as I found out that I simply did not enjoy that community after playing here. The difference in mindset and the quality of roleplay have a world of differences and I would love to enforce the regulations here so that all of the players within the player base can enjoy the server like I do. Being aware that the position of a moderator is nothing to laugh at, I will make it my personal mission to prove to myself that I am capable and valuable as a member of staff and that I have the maturity to enforce the rules and punish those who break them.

"As I see it now, a lot of rulebreaking will go unnoticed and a lot of LTAP is happening all around the site, some people do not have Medal installed and simply don't think it is needed to make a sit to report behavior against the server rules. As an old P-Admin, this does however bother me. The standard of a roleplay server is set in where the players themselves draw the line and how staff conducts themselves on the server. Because of this, I wish to join the team and learn the day-to-day business of the team to fully migrate myself into the culture and better the standard of the server, to the best of my ability."

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
  • As someone who spends a lot of time on the server and loves to help out wherever needed (as shown by my CV within the site), I can safely say that I showed this community already how much time and dedication I put into my work. When my head is pointed toward improving something or helping someone, I simply will take the time out of my day to do just that. This should be a no-brainer for someone who applies within the staff team. Another aspect of being a member of staff is knowing the rules. This has come a long way since I first joined the server. After playing with a lot of members of staff within the server and talking with some of them on TeamSpeak, I learned about hard topics and how to differentiate some topics within the server rules. This guidance (and sometimes eavesdropping) has made me more aware of the types of sits that staff have to deal with and make me capable of understanding how and when to act according to different situations.

"A couple of things could make me stand out from the other applicants. For example, I am a bit older, so I should be mature enough to uphold the staff guidelines and other regulations on the server. I also play on the "off hours" of the server, where a lot of rulebreaking happens and where active staff is needed to enforce the rules. See it as a night watcher, if you will. Besides all of this, I also have experience within 2 staff teams (GMod/TF2) and thus know what I'm getting myself into. After reading all documentation on the staff team, I can safely say that this staff is one of the better-equipped teams and by the looks of it, would make a great fit within it."

Last edited:

Gregory McCain

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 29, 2021
Harelbeke, Belgium
Everything is now updated, sorry for the minor inconvenience. I would also like to thank all of those who have taken time out of their day to reply to this application.

I wish you the best of day,

Last edited:

Big Mike

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 16, 2022
+Support
+Great Interaction
+Great Roleplayer

-Belgium (Joke)

Though there is a problem because this is your third staff app and most of the time you resign are you sure you want to become a moderator? Sorry if it sounds vague

Gregory McCain

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 29, 2021
Harelbeke, Belgium
+Support
+Great Interaction
+Great Roleplayer

-Belgium (Joke)

Though there is a problem because this is your third staff app and most of the time you resign are you sure you want to become a moderator? Sorry if it sounds vague

Hello @Big Mike, thank you for the support and the reply to my application.

I do really want to become a member of the staff team once more. I feel like my previous application for the team was to kill some of the downtimes I experienced within the foundation rather than actual motivation to help the server. This motivation is now present, meaning that I look at this application differently. After spending some time with members of the team in TeamSpeak, I genuinely became interested and I am now looking towards the team in a very different light than I did before.

I hope this answered your question and informed you better about my motivation.
I wish you a good day,

StrifeVencheznof

Nov 30, 2022
+SUPPORT
+Mature
+Previous experience in Moderation
+All positive previous interactions

I'm sure others will agree and I could go on and on, but if you know the guy then it speaks for itself.
Good luck!

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait

+SUPPORT

+Detailed application

+ Previous experience in moderator

+Great interactions

Mr. Pringle

Jul 17, 2022
+ Support
- Extremely detailed application.
- Has previous experience as staff
- Very well known in the community, has held multiple high clearance whitelisted roles.
- Not had much interactions with you, but they've always been pleasant.

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022
Application Denied

Hi @Gregory McCain,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

Your community support is appreciated, though it is evident that your activity on the server is a cause for concern.

You may re-apply in 1 week.​

Status
Not open for further replies.