Denied [UK] IA Office Equipment

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Add armour kits, first aid kit, ammo and night vision to IA spawn room

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I can see, IA used to have this but with a change of the offices we lost this. I also believe the US server has this in their IA offices but the UK server lost it for some reason.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Although we are semi-combative, only combative if needed when making arrests, defending ourselves etc, the amount of times we have been shot or killed when simply trying to make an arrest etc, it would be nice to have extra armour to protect ourselves when enforcing Ethics on site.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Other people using our offices for the equipment but we could set a lvl 3 biometric on the door like what the old medic room had to prevent unauthorised people using it.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
To allow agents to have the suitable means of protection while enforcing Ethics, whether it be when the lights are on or off.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
-Support

you're internal affairs not combative affairs. just go to the armoury in SS if you need this stuff that bad.

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
-Support

you're internal affairs not combative affairs. just go to the armoury in SS if you need this stuff that bad.
We are not fully combatative but we get shoot at more than you and most realise. As mentioned in my suggestion, the amount of times I have been shot (and most times killed when trying to arrest) is way too much, we just need the armour to protect ourselves from corrupt individuals when making arrests. Also the US server IA have it and it works well for them, so do not see why we cannot have it in the UK office.

Also to add, under 4.3 we are considered combative personal with specific restrictions 'Internal Affairs Department (May not actively seek out combat in relation to raids and breaches)' Hence why I am not asking for any equipment to deal with raids/breaches, simply just equipment to protect ourselves and allow us to see in both the day/dark so we can enfore the FLC effectively while protected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max Henry

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Also to add, under 4.3 we are considered combative personal with specific restrictions 'Internal Affairs Department (May not actively seek out combat in relation to raids and breaches)' Hence why I am not asking for any equipment to deal with raids/breaches, simply just equipment to protect ourselves and allow us to see in both the day/dark so we can enfore the FLC effectively while protected.
NVG's though?

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
NVG's though?
So the only reason for NVGs is incase the lights go out (which is unfortunately quite frequent), having NVGs will allow us to effectively enforce the FLC and monitor Ethical Actions on site no matter if the lights are on or off.

This is also why I have not requested scramblers as they are used to combat SCPs and we do not combt SCPs.

I have only requested equipment to either protect us while carrying out our duties or allow us to effectively see during blackouts so we can carry out our duties.

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
-Support

Armour kits - A better solution would be having IA spawn with 100 armour, compared to the current 50.
First aid kit - Just go to medical or get a field kit.
Ammo box - This one I agree with, a simple ammo crate could be added.
Night vision - No, you will have to go to SS like everyone else

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-/+ Support

Armour kits - See above
First aid kit - See above
Ammo box - Fine.
NVGs - +Major Support honestly, reducing the foot traffic in SS during a time of emergency is probably a must. that's something everyone seems to be missing. you've got gensec and nu7 coming from there, as well as several others going INTO SS during blackouts to grab NVGs from a small, enclosed space. and that is pretty much the only reason (other than arresting someone) IA would really need to go to SS. if they can grab NVGs themselves, things may be smoother for everyone else travelling through SS

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
So the only reason for NVGs is incase the lights go out (which is unfortunately quite frequent), having NVGs will allow us to effectively enforce the FLC and monitor Ethical Actions on site no matter if the lights are on or off.

This is also why I have not requested scramblers as they are used to combat SCPs and we do not combt SCPs.

I have only requested equipment to either protect us while carrying out our duties or allow us to effectively see during blackouts so we can carry out our duties.
Combat Medics should have it to assist them in healing people, as is their duties
DEA should have them to combat CI when the lights go out
etc

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
We are not fully combatative but we get shoot at more than you and most realise. As mentioned in my suggestion, the amount of times I have been shot (and most times killed when trying to arrest) is way too much, we just need the armour to protect ourselves from corrupt individuals when making arrests. Also the US server IA have it and it works well for them, so do not see why we cannot have it in the UK office.

Still, get it from SS. You are, as you said yourself, not fully combative and it would make no sense that IA spawn gets more combative stuff than the CM spawn, who are full combatives. If you are killed trying to arrest someone, try arresting in pairs so you can fearrp them or smth.

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
-Support

Armour kits - A better solution would be having IA spawn with 100 armour, compared to the current 50.
First aid kit - Just go to medical or get a field kit.
Ammo box - This one I agree with, a simple ammo crate could be added.
Night vision - No, you will have to go to SS like everyone else
Hello,

I agree that spawning with 100% armour is an alternative solution. Also I believe IA spawn with 25% not 50%, ill check when im next on tonight.

I still think we should have NV in our office, the security sector is busy enough as it is.

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
Still, get it from SS. You are, as you said yourself, not fully combative and it would make no sense that IA spawn gets more combative stuff than the CM spawn, who are full combatives. If you are killed trying to arrest someone, try arresting in pairs so you can fearrp them or smth.
I can tell you have obviously never worked as IA but I get why you may not fully understand.

I wish it was as easy as 'arrest in pairs' but IA is not as organised because we do not have a TS requirement, so lots of agent are not on external comms and as such is difficult to coordinate arrests in the moment.

I agree that combat medics should be able to rearmour at medbay.

Last Charles suggested something better, that IA just spawn with 100% armour which would fulfil the purpose, instead of armour pickups.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
I can tell you have obviously never worked as IA but I get why you may not fully understand.

I wish it was as easy as 'arrest in pairs' but IA is not as organised because we do not have a TS requirement, so lots of agent are not on external comms and as such is difficult to coordinate arrests in the moment.
I have played IA, I just wait until they have no gun or get another foundation personnel to assist me. Rushing them won't end well, and we have disguise cards for a reason.

If IA is unorganized, that's an issue that adding all these things won't fix.

Billy Boy

Sep 22, 2023

I agree that combat medics should be able to rearmour at medbay.

Last Charles suggested something better, that IA just spawn with 100% armour which would fulfil the purpose, instead of armour pickups.
you can still call it out in comms before you even go in for an arrest,
make sure someone else is heading to your location to continue/assist with the arrest.

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
- Support

I dont think IA need anything inside their offices. Just walk to SS to grab those items. IA are non combative so most of the time they dont need NVGs or anything else from the armoury.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support for NVGs, neutral on everything else
The entire site shouldn't have to go to SS just to get NVGs. IA is supposed to be holding and controlling PW during codes, they definitely need NVGs to be able to do that if the lights are out. Having them have to go to SS every time they spawn during a blackout is just needlessly tedious for them and everyone else trying to get in and out of SS.

Reactions: Joshbond

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Joshbond ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

The ammo stack will be added to the IA offices. All the other items have been denied as all other items can easily be taken for the security sector.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.