What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK

Do you have a mic?:

Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

Ethics Assistant , Ex Gensec department Chief , Security Captain, O1 LT

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

1 warning for body blocking

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:

I am applying for the role of Ethics Committee member . since I joined the civil gamers SCP server it has been my aspiration to join the Ethics Committee from the very start , which is partially the main reason that I joined O1. I really enjoy the administration side of things like department reviews ( having an irl career in business administration) I would have a lot of fun doing these kinds of tasks .

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee? :

I personally believe that I will be better than any of the other candidates firstly because I live for doing paper-work in-game and in real life , I have a lot of experience in regards to Ethics and I always enforce it regardless of my in-game job ; on my 3rd day of playing within the server I read the entirety of the documents of code of Ethics and code of conduct simply for the fun of it . In addition to this when I started out as a Gensec Captain I did reviews on google docs on my Sergeant again just for the fun it and because of my job I am very well organized ; good leader. I am very active within the server , I always make sure that I log on for several hours per day usually at least 6 because I had/have management positions which I of course need to be present for. I believe that my work in the Gensec department more than proves my dedication to doing a job well because on my first day I released a new RRT document that even the US server decided to use , I also did a HWP training document and in my interview I said we need to change the cadet test which later did happen ; I’m led to believe some of my other ideas are to be implemented in due course. Also , I have been tasked as an Assistant to do some transcripts and I did a review of an NU-7 try-out which I believe I did very well with and Finally despite having played this server for awhile now , I do not get emotional over anything in or out of game ; I get asked by friends and family for advice a lot of the time because I am very neutral with everything and I am none-bias in all situations which is important for a high ranking position an example of this would be removing Yang as a security Captain as I believe he lacked the maturity for the position .

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:

The main responsibility for the Ethics Committee is to of course maintain code of ethics and maintain it throughout the facility whilst using O1 to help them do so. They will take on the responsibility of doing department reviews on every department and give that department a rating based on their performance in regard to ethics. They are also responsible for approving research tests for researchers that want to use more than 4 Class-D personnel on an SCP as well as: cross testing of any SCPs , human testing on SCP 914 and testing on SCP 008 . In addition to this they would be responsible in approving document , relating to them , so for example if someone did a test on 008 they would then have to read the research that had taken place then approve/decline it. Also, They would need to give orders to O1 with tasks to complete through out the day and with help from O1 prosecutors (of which I am a member) they would be the Judge by assessing all the evidence and the witnesses from the events, for the tribunal to decide whether CL4 perosnnel kept their positions within the foundation.

Finally, an ethics member can decide whether or not a lecture is to take place , they can authorize a mass termination of D-class which would only ever happen in extreme circumstances , as well as activating a code-black and setting off the nuke for the facility which again would only ever be a very last resort.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

Out of RP they need to state whom should be accepted for CL4 positions for the entire thing to assist the O5 council on making the decision on whether or not can be trusted with a high ranking position which will be a vote jointly and they would make sure that the code of ethics document itself it maintained and kept up to date

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

As a child Liam came from a high standard background of academics from all over the world , at the age of just 11 months old his sister entered the living room to see her infant brother to be frothing at the mouth uncontrollably as if he was drawing his last breath... She screamed so loud and piercingly her mother ran to the living already in tears in fear of what she was about to witness , it was just as she had entered her worst nightmare ; her infant and only son dying.

She grabbed her dying child quickly and proceeded to run to her car whilst screaming for help , she drove as fast as she had ever driven before to the hospital . She ran into the hospital whilst screaming "help my baby is dying " the doctors responded as fast as humanly possible and took him to an emergency room. The mother being forced to wait for 3 of the most painful hours she would ever endure in her life in a cold hospital waiting room, a Doctor emerged from an emergency room to announce what had happened. After explaining that the baby had many issues : Uncontrollable shaking , fatigue , in-human amount of thirst and hunger ; he went on to state that your son is Diabetic and almost lost his life . This is how he would later be known as 'Insulin'

Fast forward 10 years

Liam had later developed a passion for Herpetology , he had an interest with Reptiles that had never been seen before since Steve Irwin . He had an almost crazy obsession with these ( what most people would call) terrifying animals ; it wasn't the animal itself that he had become obsessed with but the bio-chemical warfare that these creatures naturally had and he wanted to know what else it could be used for . He came onto discovering many things like : A cardotoxic ( a toxin some snakes produce that target the cardiovascular system to shut it down and kill prey swifly ) A neurotoxin ( A toxin some snakes use to part the nervous system to prevent prey from moving ) then he discovered toxins for worse than these. He discovered something called a hemotoxin ( this evil toxin destroy red blood cells which disrupts blood clotting , organ degeneration and severe tissue damage) this "evil" toxin can cause the skin to decompose in minutes almost as if corrosive acid had been poured directly onto someone's skin.

This simply blew the young boys mind on how an animal so small can destroy creature 50x their own size like their were absolutely nothing , such raw power for something so small...

Fast forward 10 years

This previous interests of Liam's mind have given him a greater source of power , knowledge .... A weapon far more deadly than anything in existence , he became very interested chemical warfare and for years was wondering how to weaponize something from these animals instead of wasting all of the resources to make medicine (which is what most venom is actually used for) but the university he worked for decided his research was far too dangerous and would do more harm than good ( like the Manhattan project ) but this is exactly the foundation needed , a scientist crazy enough to create something so unique but humane enough to care about who it affected.

So in the middle of the night Liam was captured from his own home and brought to site 65 , where they said "We need a unique weapon and you will be paid handsomely." His passion was for too rich and strong for him to even question who they were or who he was with , he simply replied " Fund me my research and I will build what you want and more"

He was exactly what the foundation needed and the foundation was exactly what he needed....

Joestar

Feb 9, 2022
+Support
+Active
+Mature
+Has past experience with CL4 roles
+Good guy in general

-Support
- applying for ethics ?

Reactions: Rick Dirks

Cybek

May 8, 2022
+ Support
+Great as Ethics Assistant
+Able to follow and execute any and all tasks he's been given
amazingly
+Phenomenal work as Chief and in O-1
+Great application work and detail
+Mature and able to handle himself extremely professionally

Big Mike

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 16, 2022
+++Support
+Acts professional as o1
+Mature
+Great in interaction

'Ignis'

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 13, 2022
++Support
+Amazing O-1 LT
+Mature
+ Extremely approachable

Would love to see him in ethics

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
+ Support
Insulin would be a GREAT addiction to the Committee

Tim Wilson

Donator
Apr 23, 2022
+BIG SUPPORT
+incredible rp
+good leader in o1
+very aware of ethics since his o1 position

honestly I know he’ll do great as ethics

Caeden

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 21, 2021
+BIG SUPPORT
+incredible rp
+good leader in o1
+very aware of ethics since his o1 position
honestly I know he’ll do great as ethics

Winkie

Donator
Mar 27, 2022
Untitled (3) (5).png

The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: Insulin's application for a position on The Ethics Committee.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Thank you for showing your interest as a member of the Ethics Committee, the committee is in agreeance that you are suited to be on The Ethics Committee. However, you will be put on a trial period for the position. Please contact me on Teamspeak once you're ready for your interview.

Once again, The Ethics Committee appreciates the time and effort you put into your application and congratulate you on your new position within the facility.

Signed and Approved
Winkie

Director of the Ethics Committee​

Reactions: Demi and Foxatron
Status
Not open for further replies.