CI-A

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
1 Warning for FearRP Jan 18 2023

-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
1 warning - FearRP Jan 18th

-
What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am applying for the role of Ethics Committee Member for the following reasons:

• I am applying for this position due to my time as Internal Affairs and my desire to help the foundation at a higher level as proven by my dedication and time put into IA.

• I believe that I can provide a better use of the prosecution system we have in place and work with Departments more to ensure the Legal Codex is being upheld alongside roleplay across the departments.

• Furthermore I have always taken an interest into the Ethics Committee and after hearing both sides of the story about the Ethics Committee I believe joining them is within my best interest to further ideas I have had to incorporate roleplay into the departments.

-
What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

• I believe I am a good candidate for the Ethics Committee as I am approachable and will work on solutions to people's problems in a way that ensures both sides come out of the disagreement as happy as they possibly could be whilst ensuring health of the departments/server remains high.

• Whilst some may disagree with this point, my time as Alpha-1 has shown me how Site Command acts and how it should be. Especially the Ethics Committee. This being Ethics ensures that no-one believes they are above what is acceptable and follows the site wide rules. They ensure that people are heard and complaints are dealt with accordingly. Showing what comes of those who denounce the site wide rules set by Site Command in the form of Tribunals, Suprinas and by the use of Omega-1 alongside Internal Affairs.

• My time in Internal Affairs has also allowed me to get opinions from people on the way Ethics are currently and what they believe needs changing. This will enable me to use this information to better the Committee and make it what the people believe Ethics should be (within reason). This means ensuring that all complaints are dealt with thoroughly and the use of resources at our disposal are used.

• My patience with people will also make me one of the better candidates for the Ethics Committee. I can tolerate a lot of people and know how to calm them down if they require calming down/want to be calmed down. This will ensure that people see the Committee in a positive light.

• My activity is also of note. I am constantly on the server and therefore will be able to be there when people require it. This will make me a great candidate as it shows Ethics are actively around and are willing to aid those who require it.

-
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:

• In RP the Ethics Committee is to show a specific type of appearance around the site. They should be seen as people to go to if there is an issue however they should not be seen at the same time. By this I mean when required to go “undercover” and expose those breaking the site rules they should not be noticed nor leave any evidence they were there. Like Internal Affairs however on a much stealthier level.

• The Ethics Committee should be seen as the people to go to, they should be an open door policy type of people. Anyone who needs them can go to them without any issues so they can have their concerns reviewed and looked into.

• Ethics should utilise Omega-1 to source any information they require in regards to reports they have obtained on more senior foundation personnel. Using this information and evidence to provide appropriate consequences to people that require them.

• The Ethics Committee should also conduct audits and log findings in the audits. Checking documents to ensure they are relevant to the department, professional and appropriate. Checking their members and reviewing performance of departments to decide if action is required of Site Command or Site Administration.

• Hosting tribunals is a major part of the roleplay Ethics can provide that is on public display. Tribunals show that no one is above the Foundation Legal Codex and justice will come to all of those at the hands of the Ethics Committee.

• Calling the evacuation order for non-combatives when a breach becomes too big to contain with non-combative personnel inside of the facility. They also, if required, may activate the alpha warhead in order to end the breach and allow for roleplay to come back into the facility as SCPs cease to disrupt roleplay by attacking and killing foundation personnel. (This causes an RP reset too meaning roleplay can restart ensuring it is of top quality).

• Ethics Committee also may approve experiments that require Ethics approval to boost roleplay, potentially adding aims to the researchers so they can further their roleplay whilst finding the answers to the questions asked in the research test.

The Committee can also authorise other roleplay changing orders which can impact heavily on the roleplay on the server. Ethics are a CL5 position and are to be treated like a CL5 job due to their roleplay changing powers. Some orders such as a mass termination order for D-Class can change the entire way D-Block is managed during that time and how a SCP breach is dealt with. Ordering research tests to be conducted with roleplay outcomes (such as giving a chemical to an SCP causing it to breach and cause multiple other breaches). This can majorly impact server roleplay meaning it can either make or break it and the Ethics Committee has to be careful with what they decide is acceptable.

-
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

• Handling Ethics Committee Assistant applications.

• Handling Internal Affairs Director applications.

• Ensuring they uphold the professional appearance across the forms, discord, teamspeak and in-game chat systems.

• The Ethics Committee also handle with Ethics related Foundation Legal Codex additions, removal or changes.

• Ensuring departments do not have any issues with one another out of character. Talking with people to keep them happy with one another.

• The Ethics Committee also leave their opinions on how Ethical a department has been on monthly reviews, conducting their own investigations into how things are running on the site and posting that on the reviews.
-
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xfEtpcxCaDAvqG1I8hbWqIGspXJ1vTaiAGbUzE_KwiE/edit#

Last edited:

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait

Massive +Support

Mature

Active

Good intentions

CL4 experience

Has bad aim in shooting

Amazing lore

Reactions: Critical

John Dear

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 14, 2021
+Support
James is one of the most professional and dedicated member within the foundation at the moment. You can share a laugh with him, but he will be professional and strict when needed. James has written a fair number of excellent documents for Internal Affairs. He is always looking ahead to improve the department. If you get the position of Ethics committee the Department of Internal Affairs will lose a valuable asset. James is easy to talk to and can switch views to look at situation from different angles. During his time as Internal Affairs Ambassador and Director he gained a lot of experience within the site. He understands everything very well and i believe he is ready to go to the next level in his career.

• Love

Slipperman_1

Jan 6, 2023
+Support
James was the person who first got me into internal affairs and he was guiding me the whole time. Even being a director he was helping me with all problems I had. He is the best type of boss one could ever ask for. I hope he will be able to become an EC member so he could stay my boss even if I'll become ECA!

Stealth

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Dec 4, 2022
+ Support

- Active
- CL4 Experience
- Mature and suited
- Only been department director for a month now

Tarz

Nov 12, 2022
+ SUPPORT
- Mature
- Senior CL4 experience
- Helps with any problem
- Genuinely a good person and a role model for others

Best of luck, Tarz.

Goondra "Sleepy"

Dec 9, 2022
+ Support
Does his job amazingly as IA director and has given his current department a good REP
There isn't anyone to get IA director place. But that isn't his fault.
Mans well worthy of ECM plus a pretty good app

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
+ Support
Does his job amazingly as IA director and has given his current department a good REP
So we just gonna forget barry

Slipperman_1

Jan 6, 2023
+ Support
I'd say eren is suited for director's position in my opinion.

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
+support
Everything you do, you keep it IC and in RP. You're ability to actually RP and stick with what you attempt to push is very respectable, and I am looking forward to you being ECM to actually help solve these issues you pointed out to me in previous conversations.

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022
+Support
Let the IA guy become the ethics guy. He deserves the position after all of his hard work in Internal Affairs. Best of luck!

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
ForumPost.png
- Ethics Committee Verdict Report
- Mr. Kane for Ethics Committee Member

Good Evening Mr. Kane,

Thank you for showing an interest in joining the Ethics Committee; The Committee has met in deliberation of your application and concluded that you are suited to assume the position of Ethics Committee Member.

No further action is required of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.