Not open for further replies.

Nukegoboom

Jun 10, 2022
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:157932073
Discord name:
Nuke#8359
For how long have you played on CG SCP:
6 days, 9 hours,9 minutes, and 39 seconds. (At time of writing)
In what country are you located?:
UK
Time zone:
GMT
Character name(s):
James Lyndon Pennington
Civilian name:
Jacob Harbinger? (I don’t have a civi character atm)
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
UK
Do you have a mic?:
Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
N/A. I am currently not a part of any MTF’s on the server.
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
Nope.
-
Why are you applying for Director of Research?:
To begin with, I was asked to make an application in order to state my intentions for research. I am aware I am not allowed to mention other server but I will simply state that I have at least possibly eight to nine years rp experience with SCP rp servers.
This combined with the fact that in my short time within this server research department I have produced documents marked as excellent consistently, held lectures; despite the fact that not many other executive researchers appear to do so, and have been made the leader of the psychology division of research. All of this within at least a three-week time span. This should go towards my merit as an individual who knows what he is doing.
Additionally, I wish to help prosper the research department. I have heard little good of the research department on other sever (US) and have grown to appreciate the effort put into the UK servers department by individuals such as Nyx and Hamster. Nyx has served as my primary inspiration for this application due to their continued effort and dedication towards this aspect of rp on the server.
-
What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
As mentioned within the previous section of this application I have many years of experience with research RP in general; I have been the head of research on other previous servers etc. I will not name them as I am asked not to by the application, but I feel they are worth a mention at least.
Aside from this, I study psychology at university level and have myself had to conduct real-life research; this might seems irrelevant but I feel it gives me a great understanding of what realistic research is like, and as a result how to apply it in the rp setting. I understand to be lenient to a degree; as this is a GMOD server after all, but I also understand that this servers research department needs a firm understanding of what it is doing.
Despite, my brief time; as previously mentioned, I have managed to impress and represent to the department a good degree of understanding. For example, my understanding of psychology has allowed me to become a PSI-5 leader (Psychology Divison within research). This combined with the fact that I have over my time been active on the server compared to others makes me believe I would be a good candidate for Director Of Research.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
I will list this section.
-General management of the research department This could include things such as managing the executive researcher, ensuring group tests are done, ensuring other executives actually train researchers, etc…
-Training As DoR I am supposed to set the example. So I should demonstrate what needs to be done. How it should be done. And why we do it in such ways. Without this people lack the understanding and sympathy to comply and actually do what is required of them.
-Documentation grading As Nyx; or anyone else within the department, will tell you. I can be extremely harsh with documents. I write them at a university level and as a result, I endeavor to treat documents in-game as such. I do understand the fact we are playing GMOD and not everyone is expected to write at that level. But those individuals who show potential, need to be encouraged and pushed to research their apex.
-PW lockdown I do this regardless. If I have CL4 I give a two-minute warning and lock the doors. Not that hard to understand or do.
-Lectures Oh boy oh boy. For the past three weeks. It appears that only the DoR’s; Nyx & Hamster, alongside Executives Millzy and myself have been the only individuals to perform lectures. The spreadsheet alone is proof enough of this. This makes it a core duty not only to myself but also to other executives/senior researchers to encourage and perform lectures to inspire and educate members of the research department in various ways e.g. training, research projects, etc…
-
Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Here we go.
This document was made in the past by myself (for another server) but my character here is more or less a continuation. Hope you enjoy it. (It has been adapted for this server). For anyone interested in a full Personnel Documentation please see here.
BIOGRAPHY:

• Life preceding contact with Foundation.

Dr Pennington is currently under investigation in regard to his life before contact with the foundation. Not much is currently known. Dr Pennington had been working as a member of the research department at Site ██ before questions were posed by the security staff on site. After a short investigation, it was found that the documents under which Dr Pennington has been filed under were either falsified or missing.

Despite this Dr Pennington has shown no signs of activity that would raise suspicion. Further investigation is still ongoing.

• Situation leading directly to joining Foundation's ranks.

When Dr.Pennington was questioned on how he joined the foundation he claimed he has joined through a University pipeline. His claim was that an agent stationed at [REDACTED] contacted him and reached out with a job offer. Since then, he claimed he joined the research team at the site previously mentioned.

• Work at Foundation so far.

So far Dr.Pennington has excelled at his work at both Site ██ and Site ██. Earning several promotions. Currently, he has been stationed at Site 65 and is one of the few Executive Researchers on the site. The decision to place him here was to isolate him from his previous research time and to better monitor him and his activities. Currently, nothing that would be classed as suspicious has occurred regarding Dr Pennington. Further investigation and questioning of individuals closest to him is still ongoing.
(I hope you have enjoyed reading this application. Any feedback is appreciated and welcomed. It's the only way to improve after all).

Nyx "Roseboy" Hart

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 24, 2022
+ UBER MEGA SUPPORT

+Active
+Does trainings/lectures
+Great rp
+Reliable
+Fantastic documents
+All round nice guy

Although James joined the research team fairly recently he has always been my shining star, always there doing the best when I need him.In my eyes he is the perfect candidate to carry on the DoR torch

Reactions: Nukegoboom

PhoenixHeanix

Civil Gamers Expert
May 19, 2022
+SUPPORT
+ Seen active
+ Shit ton of lectures
+Pretty good lore (font hurts me eyes though)

+/- Havent really interacted with you a lot.

Reactions: Nukegoboom

Nukegoboom

Jun 10, 2022
+ UBER MEGA SUPPORT

+Active
+Does trainings/lectures
+Great rp
+Reliable
+Fantastic documents
+All round nice guy

Although James joined the research team fairly recently he has always been my shining star, always there doing the best when I need him.In my eyes he is the perfect candidate to carry on the DoR torch
+ Support

+ Active
+ Great with documents and interacting
+ Good at giving instructions
+ Does lectures more often than anyone
+SUPPORT
+ Seen active
+ Shit ton of lectures
+Pretty good lore (font hurts me eyes though)

+/- Havent really interacted with you a lot.
Thank you all for the comments. I understand I have only been around this community for a short time but I am thankful that I am thought of in the ways mentioned. I will endeavor to continue my efforts in-game.

Reactions: cawmrade

Deleted member 1291

Application Accepted

Hello @Nukegoboom

Thank you for taking your time to apply for the position of Director of Research. The council is in agreeance that you are suited for the position. Contact O5-2 or O5-4 to advance in the application process.

O5-2 "The Umbra"​

Reactions: cawmrade
Status
Not open for further replies.