[UK] James Siegel (Skinner)'s ECM Application

Final Banner.png

Section One — OOC Section
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I first joined this server somewhere around March - April 2023 and made a return near September 2023. Here is my playtime and also the amount of time I have been on the server for, total.
In what country are you located? Canada
Timezone: CST
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): James Siegel, Martin Grey/Gambling (ECA)
Chaos name (include your rank): Martin 'Marauder' - Beta [MRU-GMO]
Civilian name: Skinner
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic? Yes, I do.
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Chief of Security (since 12/21/23), Ethics Committee Assistant (since 01/07/24), CI-Beta, MRU-GMO (since 08/30/23), UNGOC LCPL [0638] (since 04/23/24), DEA Senior Agent (since 05/08/24).
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why? I have received a few warns and just one ban that was appealed due to a misunderstanding with Staff. All my warnings are since long expired and mainly stemmed from misunderstandings (all things I learned from which back then I wasn't really aware of; in terms of rules). My older warns were me being rather careless, which I have stepped out from and sighted into a better perspective towards being clean with warns, bans and such. Do note that these warns do not influence nor reflect my current image, I always strive to improve, 24/7.

Section Two — Main Questions
Q: What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why?

A: I am applying for the role of an Ethics Committee Member as it is currently the only available position in the Committee. The main reasons for my application are to expand my already existing roleplay opportunities within the non-combative scene, and to engage within the Site Command aspect for the first time. This opportunity brings me to think that it will empower me slightly because it would allow me to bring my character, James Siegel, to life — James Siegel is based on a movie character who played a CIA Station Chief, known for his bureaucratic tone and adept handling of situations which is what I've always wanted to base my character off of if they were to be playing a non-combative role like ECM, that being if I were to be granted the role of a Committee Member. I strongly believe that joining the Committee will allow me to introduce a new era and style of roleplay with my character, shifting from my previous combative role as Chief of Security and inserting a plethora of new opportunities for roleplay driven by my creativity and passion. I also want to ensure that this roleplay is not just selective and based around groups like ISD and Site Admin; I would like to expand and divide it towards other player groups, departments and Mobile Task Forces as so to build larger storylines, results and to just better the experience for a majority of the server, and not just one or two groups.
I would also like to apply for this role after reading through a lot of the lore based on the Ethics Committee. The amount of well-written articles and lore artifacts about the Committee, MTF Omega-1 and also the SCP-001 proposals that have involved the Committee has led me here with sheer passion, and a drive to apply. With this in mind I will also be ready to dedicate a lot of my time into writing lore about in-game events that occur with me involved as an ECM, and eventually release them to certain Clearance Levels or as public-lore within the forums.

Q: What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?

A: I believe I am one of the best candidates for the Committee at this moment due to my plethora of experiences as both an Ethics Committee Assistant, but also as the Chief of Security. Now I would like to start off by saying that these two roles are not exemplary for an entire folder worth of knowledge on how to become a member of the Committee — they are roles that have taught me a lot about the Committee, what they do between themselves and assistants, but also other departments and Mobile Task Forces excluding Alpha-1; and what their regular activities alongside their personal Mobile Task Force known as Omega-1 consist of.

This stems from me being an Ethics Committee Assistant for about 5 months, I was also the personal assistant to the Chairman for about two months before the system was renewed and I had unfortunately been removed from it. With ECA I also learned a lot about MTF Omega-1 and their members, I did quite a lot of orders submitted by them, and also by the Committee's desk — I transcribed a few of them on in-game documents, made interviews, and even special discoveries regarding certain orders which have led me to a form of exemplary status within the Assistant Team for the Committee, at least this was when I was Chairman's Assistant. I do have some previous work here: ISD Conflict Transcript — Dimensional travel order and in-depth documentation (EC-OMcK-SCP-R&D-070424) and a few other orders that weren't exactly the best but still work of mine that was praised.

As for my main and longest standing role, Chief of Security, I had learned almost everything about the Department of General Security. During my time, I began working on the Class-D Reputation Program which did not go so flawlessly though it is used in rare circumstances, and I did have to roleplay it out a month ago or so for a Class-D working as an inanimate researcher. This wasn't one of my better projects I won't lie; though I did attempt at giving it a shot and it kind of worked. I also worked on renewing the departmental documentation, this was more so to improve its theme, styling and overall grammar and punctuation. I went all out with this, and committed to the following documents, all of which were made/renewed by me, the formatting I must give credit to @Zack Baker as he helped me a lot with that: GENSEC Handbook 2.0GENSEC Roles & Duties (reworked)GENSEC Captain Handbook. The Security Containment Unit Handbook & Security Response Unit Handbook are both in-game documents, which can be found inside the GENSEC Bunks. Here are photos of the covers:
Furthermore, I had started a contract with GENSEC and Medical, me and @Kayla had worked on this to allow Combat Medics to pair with GENSEC for patrols, and response to emergencies, and to also allow GENSEC to access the Medbay Level 3 Armory. I also made this to allow doctors and basic-entry level medical staff to come inside D-Block to help Class-D who were injured, but to also be inside tests, which back then was not allowed. This contract was renewed with the help of my Captains, and it's now a little more advanced. I also did quite a few advancements, when the map update for Security Sector and Captain Offices released, I was the main person in charge to design the props and interior which would then be perma (this only being for the Captain Office, not SS), I gave GENSEC CL4 a mini-fridge, and even a reception which was back then was not allowed.
I personally think that over the seven months I have been a Chief, along with the 2 - 3 months I had been a Security Captain before Chief — I have learned so much regarding the management and development of a Department, its core documentation, relations and how to manage the members within. While I will not list every single thing I committed towards GENSEC, I believe the list above can give a summary as to how much I have done for GENSEC. I am strongly confident that this amount of experience with detailed roleplay, managing a department and my sheer dedication to a department has led me to a certain, high status for candidacy towards the role of an Ethics Committee Member.

Q: What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?
A: The Ethics Committee holds many responsibilities within the Site and in-roleplay. These responsibilities stem from the default Site Command & Administration groups like O5 and SA. However, since the Committee is a very different department with a distinct approach towards the SCP Foundation in-lore, they handle other responsibilities but also share duties with the rest of Site Command & Site Administration to ensure the Site's safety, management and conduct remains stable:
I Management and Oversight of all Departments Sitewide
The Committee has the responsibility to manage and monitor all departments to ensure their adherence to the Legal Codex and all established guidelines, rules, and standard operating protocols. They also have the duty of organizing audit sessions on departments by sweeping all documentation storages, such as cabinets or terminals, and evaluating personnel through orders and similar methods. This responsibility extends to assistants, though it is generally initiated by the Committee. Most importantly, they must stay up-to-date with every department and regiment, excluding Alpha-1, to provide or receive feedback and identify possible areas for improvement. You may have noticed I did not mention MTF Alpha-1 and the O5 Council in the part where I mention that "they monitor and ensure all departments and task forces stationned adhere to the legal codex". This is because they are not exempt like some people might think, in fact this remains Level 4 knowledge; however the Committee has the power to issue tribunals or hearings, and utilise MTF Omega-1 to detain or arrest members of the O5 Council and their personal taskforce, Alpha-1.
II Research Control & Ethical Feedback
The Committee has the responsibility to ensure all testing segments performed by the Research Department are ethical, morally good and adhere to the standards and protocols established by their Leadership Team. They may also review documentation regarding the creation of SCP-008-2 and SCP-049-2 instances to determine if it is necessary and ethical to sacrifice Class-D Personnel in the proposed process. This means they have full authority to approve or deny such requests. The Committee also has the responsibility to ensure that no more than three (3) Class-D subjects are used in each testing segment. If a higher number of subjects is needed, the Committee can step in and determine if it is necessary. Finally, they have the final say on whether biological matter, such as human or animal subjects, may be used within SCP-914.
III Utilising Assistants and their personal task force MTF Omega-1
The Committee allows members of Level 4 Staff to apply for the position of Assistant to the Committee. Assistants generally aid in processing orders, audits, and investigations into departments or other subjects pending investigation. They are also able to collect materials and essentials like chemicals, valuable information, and stolen/confiscated documentation for the Committee, all via approval from an order issued by the Committee. This process is essentially limitless as long as an order is given to the assistants.
On the other hand, the Committee has a personal Mobile Task Force that answers only to them, known as MTF Omega-1 "Law's Left Hand". MTF Omega-1 acts as the personal security detail for the Committee, ensuring their safety at all times and in all situations. They are always ready to take a bullet for the Committee, no matter the cost. They are authorized to apprehend or eliminate high-ranking Foundation staff who have breached the Legal Codex on a large scale. They may also they partake in orders exclusively handed out to them for tasks such as investigations, chemical retrieval, and other miscellaneous requests the Committee or MTF Omega-1 Commissioned Officers might have.
IV Managing and issuing tribunals/hearings to Site Staff
The Committee acts as the courthouse of the Foundation, at least for Site-65, alongside Internal Affairs and Site Administration. They are authorized to schedule and issue tribunals for members of Level 3 Staff and above, usually Level 4 Staff. This may be done if the defendant, summoned to a tribunal, has breached the legal codex in significant ways or has engaged in unethical research or misuse of Foundation resources. Additionally, they may schedule and issue hearings for multiple members at once for various crimes.
V Deploying the measures necessary to contain mass-breaches
As a Level 5 department within Site-65, and part of Foundation Command The Committee has the ability to call for perks like the use of Advanced Armory for Mobile Task Forces (specifically NCOs and above), calling for evacuation protocols or lockdown procedures like Code Black or Site-Wide lockdown, authorising the mass-termination of Class-D inmates found tresspassing past the D-Block Airlock. If all protocols used to attempt in containing the mass-breach fail, even after the UNGOC has attempted to assist, but has perished — They may deploy the Alpha Warhead, which will detonate the interior of the site and keep the surface intact, they may also utilise in rare cases the Omega Warhead, which will detonate the site and the surface in a 5-mile radius. This is used in order to reset roleplay within the site, but also in rare cases to reset roleplay within surface (i.e 008 breaches on surface).

Q: What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?)

A: The Committee has a few responsabilities out of character, like mentionned in the question itself, they handle applications for the following roles:
- Ethics Committee Assistant
- Director of Internal Affairs
- Ethics Committee Member
Furthermore, the Committee also has the OOC responsability to give feedback and comments on Site Administration and the work they commit with departmental reviews to ensure it has an ethical standpoint, and a Site Command standpoint. They also have the OOC responsability to coordinate with the rest of Site Command and Site Administration to discuss about internal issues with members or departments. These issues may be discussed in-character, or via an out of character standpoint.
Finally, they also coordinate with Game Masters, Event Team Members and SL/SSL to create in-depth roleplay situations, regular events and major events. They may also coordinate on this if certain roleplay situations must involve the use of event characters/groups (i.e Resh-1, Administrator's Assistant etc..)

Section Three, Final — Character Lore
Q: Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in

Final-min.png

Characters [UK]
Oisin McKenna, 'The Arbiter', Shiva, Charles Whitmee, Grog Leo, Maksim, Fang 'Hakari', BCOM Robin, Sceptre, Geronimo, Curious, Corbin, Saint, Phill Dee & Skinner.

Drawn Conclusions — An interview completed by RAISA on James Siegel towards his interest in joining the Committee.
Incident 03/23/24 — The story behind the hearing that got Skinner killed, and that led to James Siegel's promotion to Security Chief. (ALMOST FINISHED, NEED SOME TIME)​

Thank you for reading,
- Skinner​

Sep 6, 2022
Massive + support
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

- Extremely high quality application, can see loads of effort put in
- Active
- Professional
- Has a high amount of experience
- Good interactions

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

jax

Apr 5, 2024
+ Support
- one of the best apps i have seen
- good COS and decent ECA
- best out of the candidates
- good interactions

Apr 15, 2024
+Support
- Well lain out application, each point is explained in good detail
- Had nothing but good interactions with you whenever I see you, friendly but always professional from what I've seen
- Lore is great
- Experienced in numerous roles, both past and present

The rest is pretty much listed by other responses to be honest. Good luck with your app

Mar 20, 2022
You are an ideal candidate and the application displays your strengths well. The only criticism I could ever give would be more presence on as Chief, but that is literally it.

You have the Senior experience and the competency to fulfil the position of Ethics Member, I wish you the very best!

+Support

Kayla

Staff of the week!
Staff of the Week
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
-/+ neutral

I've only ever had good interactions with you outside of your ECA role.
Your time as an ECA kinda showed me that I don't think you'd be fit for this position. Your time as CoS has been pretty good, don't get me wrong, and I have no issues with you there. but... Your time as ECA was really not enjoyable for some of the people on the recieving end of your RP. I'm not going to name names, but a few of the others that made similar complaints were higher ranks also.

-/+ neutral

I've only ever had good interactions with you outside of your ECA role.
Your time as an ECA kinda showed me that I don't think you'd be fit for this position. Your time as CoS has been pretty good, don't get me wrong, and I have no issues with you there. but... Your time as ECA was really not enjoyable for some of the people on the recieving end of your RP. I'm not going to name names, but a few of the others that made similar complaints were higher ranks also.
If you have any evidence about me please forward it to the right people, I'd be happy to apologise but only if I knew what to apologise for.

Can I ask - Have you created/lead any notable RP, or had any RP storylines that you were involved in? I'm curious as you don't seem to mention any.
Either way +Support, most I can hold against you is a uncertainty on the above. You've shown your experience on site, you have lots of good experience in the positions you've held, you're pretty active and most people like you. And the application looks great, amazing work on the formatting and looks of it.

also you're still a ECA? I see this man once in a blue moon on the job