-
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
UK
-
Do you have a mic?:
Yes but no headphones so i rarely use it
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
NU-7 PVT, CI-A [MRU-PFC], Medical Consultant, Medical Director, Overseer Assistant
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why:
1 for failRP, I wasn't aware MC&D couldn't aid Dclass
-
What makes you the best candidate for Ethics Committee Assistant?:

I believe I am a strong candidate to become an ethics committee assistant due to my time, experience and wide-spread knowledge about on site situations along with the legal codex. As an old medical director I've also had experience working with ethics themselves due to medical being an ethics department. Along with this I've had a large amount of time to refine my paperwork and documentation skills during my time as an overseer assistant and DOM.

I feel I'm a strong candidate for ECA due to my willingness to learn and drive to move forward, i want to be given work and give the ethics committee peace of mind that any assigned work will be done well and to a high standard and in a timely manner.

What are the responsibilities of Ethics Committee Assistants in RP?:

-Follow assignments given by the ethics committee
-Ensure the FLC is followed during testing and general site daily routines
-Handle cases where the FLC has been broken amongst CL4 personnel and below
-Be the eyes for the ethics committee and report back on subjects they would need to know about
-Overseeing O-1 in the absence of the ethics committee
-Giving advice to other foundation personnel on site on situations that may require ethical aid
-Helping O-1 in the absence of the ethics committee
-Handling smaller tribunals and cases

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Childhood-Foundation

"Cuddles" or by birth known as Jane Whitmee was born on august [REDACTED] year [REDACTED] to a family of 4, a mother, father and a younger sister. The family had always had rocky relations with each other, including janes father who worked for a strange branch of the government, he was never allowed to tell them or our family about, causing her mother great stress. one day however the father went on a "business trip" for a period of 2 weeks. The business trip her father took never came to an end however, as one day the family of 3 were visited by 2 men in suits knocking on there door, to hand a small note and condolences of there father going "MIA". This forced janes mother into a deep depression and struggle to support the family, resulting in alcoholism and almost abusive behaviours and outbursts.

Due to this jane had to grow up fast and learn as much as they could, forcing on a brave face to make sure they were able to see there younger sister smile, jane was able to get different part time jobs and make ends meet in family arguments and there mothers outbursts, forcing jane at a young age to mature quickly. This lasted until jane and her sister were both through collage, jane studying medical sciences and sociology, leading her onto a medical career as a nurse.

One day on shift around
[REDACTED]PM there was a large commotion in the hall and all patient doors being closed. quickly armed men stormed into the small hospital and were closing every door and dragging a large amount of wounded men on stretchers into the hospital, using all medical personnel in the hospital at hand to help with the wounded soldiers.

This happened to be a large MTF patrol. this happened to be a large MTF patrol, the hospital was under heavy stress and staff were stretched thin. but due to janes performance and quick timings a large amount of the MTF were able to be saved, an agent caught wind of this along with noticing her actions first hand. after the scenario had happened all the staff were gathered into a singular room for "briefing" apart from jane, who was taken into a separate room by a man in a white suit.

The man in the white suited offered jane a job within the foundation as medical personnel due to her actions, if she agreed she would be told what the briefing was outside, if she declined she would attend the briefing too, as they were not able to start without her attendance there, seeing the pay and benefits seemed far greater then her current job, she quickly accepted. this resulted in jane being exempt from the amnestication of the rest of the hospital staff, but was forbidden to speak of the event to any of the other hospital staff until her 2 week leave had finished and she was capable of moving onto the foundation for work

Foundation-Site Administration

Janes early days within the foundation were mostly filled with confusion, intimidation and a large amount of paperwork, in the very beginning the regretted taking the job feeling like there signing there life away to a mysterious government organisation.

The first week felt like it took forever but after it was over janes began the real work within the foundation, primarily attending to general security personnel who had been battered and dealt with D-class rioting, this was there primary role for a long period of time but satisfied her enough none the less, she was earning well and did what she used to do at the hospital normally.

A month went by like this before jane was taken to do a medical course and examination within the foundation to become a full foundation doctor, taking her from a CL1 to CL2 personnel, exiting her a great deal, not realising this entailed her beginning to learn and work with something called an "SCP", being briefed on the anomalous and the paranormal more deeply, when taking the job jane was made aware she would be working in a facility that studied unknown entities, but after seeing an SCP itself for the first time it truly taught her what "SCP" meant.

As her first assignment as a foundation doctor she was given one of the nicer SCPs to work with, jane was tasked with accompanying a psychologist on a study of "SCP 999"s effects on a person, the test was a simple and easy one but still threw the new doctor jane into a deep hole, seeing an SCP itself for the first time was terrifying as it was fascinating. This first encounter threw jane into a frenzy of work, studying and reading as many SCP files she was capable of getting a hold of with her clearance, being medical personnel this wouldn't be that many.

This state of intense work would eventually pay of with an offer to take a combat course in order to become a combat medic and a clearance 3 personnel, accepting with great haste jane absorbed all the knowledge she was capable of. being lead to believe she would be on the front lines with NU-7 or in d-class riots, what ever it was she was prepared for the worst..or though she thought.

instead of being assigned to harsh frontline positions jane was instead assigned to guard members of CL4 positions, attending meetings with medical consultants or being the medical detail for a site advisors guard, she found this boring at first, standing listening to suits ramble on and on about inner politics, resulting in her getting the nickname "Cuddles" for never actually needing to fight. However in an unexpected turn of events the politics and inner dramas of the foundation began to grow on jane, each meeting they attended she'd always try listen in a bit harder for any gossip.

One day however her thirst for wanting to learn more about the inner workings of the foundation ended up getting jane caught listening in through a door on a private meeting of a medical consultant, however instead of being reprimanded, the consultant had noticed her want to learn more and relationships she had formed with other departments over the time she had spent working for the foundation and instead took her to speak with a medical director.

This meeting resulted in her becoming a medical consultant, keeping the nickname "Cuddles" and now a CL4 personnel within the foundation herself, she took a training course to handle external affairs within the medical department. This was accepted and "Cuddles" was given documents and the responsibilities to handle the departments relations, this saw jane at a lot of meetings with other departments and in a lot of paperwork, this lasted for a long time, attending meetings, dealing with general medical affairs and overall image and helping out newer consultants and medical staff.

After a long period of this, jane was promoted becoming the Director of medicine and receiving a letter offering her the position of
[REDACTED].
This line of work lead jane down a heavily bureaucratic line of work, commonly working and speaking with other departments, either on behalf of medical of on behalf of
[REDACTED] and commonly working with members of site administration and ethics assistants due to being a department under ethics.

After a large time had passed jane was eventually called into the wing of the ethics committee in PW to discuss an eye for ethics, acting as an assistant to help enforce the FLC and guide to other members of the foundation.

Last edited:

Casey Solburn

Oct 19, 2022
+Support
- Sr. CL4 Experience, as well as lots of Jr. CL4 experience too
- Great Person
- Active AF

PhoenixHeanix

May 19, 2022
ECM shite.png

- Ethics Committee Verdict Report
- 'Whitmee' for Ethics Committee Assistant

Good Afternoon Jane,
Thank you for showing your interest in joining the Ethics Committee; The Committee has met in deliberation of your application and concluded that you are suited to assume the position of Ethics Committee Assistant. You may contact myself to organize a formal interview.

- Ethics Member Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.