Not open for further replies.

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
Name: Joshua Bond
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26721075
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA: UK
Level of appeal (2 or 3): 3
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: I have and it was denied by Thomas
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: Thomas via discord
Rank demoted from: Ambassador
Who demoted you?: Thomas Glover and Liam Reed
Date of demotion?: 28/01/2024
What is the case against you?: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_U6fF8kE1ojUgCaFd5raICAx84MrSfTgpHFmT4Q7BLw/edit
Is this true?:

I acknowledge that my response to a situation, wherein I felt betrayed by both another ambassador and Director Liam Reed, may not have been the most constructive. I openly shared my frustration with other agents considering joining the ambassador team, advising them against it. In hindsight, I realise there were more tactful ways to address the issue. However, I maintain that expressing frustration should not be grounds for removal, and I recognise the need for improvement in how I handle such situations in the future.

On the other hand, in my view, it is unjustifiable to demote someone for openly expressing opinions and disagreements, especially when constructive criticism contributes to positive change. A recent example of this is the reversal of the Site Affairs ID change, influenced by the Ambassador team's collective objections. Expressing opinions, as long as they are not toxic, should not warrant punitive measures.

Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: I have not
Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: https://www.civilgamers.com/communi...ond-ambassador-demotion-appeal-level-2.22067/
What is your side of the story?:

I find myself confused when reviewing the screenshots presented as grounds for my demotion. These images depict instances where I expressed my opinions or disagreed on certain matters, particularly in the context of new ambassador applications. Additionally, I questioned the decision making process, pointing out that despite majority votes against certain candidates, they were still accepted. The final set of screenshots pertains to a roleplay situation with a senior admin, where I opted for an agreed upon punishment over conventional confinement, fostering more immersive roleplay. I fail to discern how these instances serve as evidence for my demotion.

Furthermore, I have never received direct communication from the directors concerning allegations of being 'toxic' or 'unprofessional', purportedly the basis for my demotion. The latest strike against me was only brought to my attention three days after its issuance by another ambassador who had noticed it, and despite my efforts to initiate an appeal process, Director Thomas Glover did not respond, thus the appeal process never commenced. Consequently, I was deprived of the opportunity to appeal a strike of which I was unaware.

In essence, I view my demotion as hasty and lacking in thorough consideration by the director team. The Ethics Committee had not been apprised of my complete narrative until very recently, when I approached the ECC subsequent to the denial of Level 2. I sincerely believe that had the ECC been privy to the discussions and evidence I presented regarding deficient communication, absence of recourse to contest a strike, prior absence of discussions pertaining to accusations of 'unprofessionalism & toxicity', and the demonstrated hypocrisy by Liam Reed who had previously (when an Ambassador) expressed his dissatisfaction for his and other ambassdor opinions being ignored, the outcome of Level 2 would have been different. Therefore, I believe that there exists a bias rooted in the lack of comprehensive information available to the Ethics Committee, albeit unintentional on their part.

I would like to express that throughout my tenure, I have demonstrated unwavering loyalty to the IA department, actively contributing to its development and assisting fellow agents and ambassadors to ensure its longevity.

Last edited:

Foxatron

Donator
Apr 16, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @Joshbond ,

after speaking to you and everyone else involved. I have concluded that your demotion was justified. The behaviour that you displayed was unacceptable whether it was in-game or discord is not relevant. I appreciated that you may not agree with the way that the director is running his department; but you should report this to the committee rather than result to unprofessional behaviour/slander.

Kind regards

Foxatron​

Status
Not open for further replies.