IA Ambassador (held)
NU-7 CSG (held)
O-1 LCPL (held)
DEA Senior Agent (held)
CI Gamma PLP (Held)
GOC CPL (held)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One back in March 2023 for NLR

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
I am applying for the role of Director of Research as I strongly believe that the department would benefit greatly from additional support from an individual who possesses determination, experience, and a strong orientation towards their role. While the current director excels in their responsibilities, leading the department single handedly proves to be exceptionally challenging, particularly when unable to be present around the clock and with the high demand of the playerbase. Therefore, having another experienced individual such as myself on the team would be a significant advantage to both the department and the foundation as a whole. I strongly believe that the research department stands in need of such dedication at this time.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I am suitable for the Director of Research position as I am confident in my abilities, knowledge, and experience to effectively lead the research department and contribute to its further development for the benefit of the Foundation. Throughout my time as an Overseer Assistant and Executive Researcher, I have closely collaborated with the current director and executives, there by attaining a comprehensive understanding of the department's needs. Within my current roles, I have taken a leadership role in co-ordinating numerous research tests and projects, including involvement in Project Cortex. Additionally, I developed my own project, Project Nomad, fostering collaboration and co-operation between the research department and various other departments. By encouraging researchers of all levels to utilise their creativity and imagination, I have facilitated the creation of various cross-tests, thereby introducing many to the fun/enjoyment of research and empowering them to develop their own projects.

Project Nomad - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lWSEDNOvluBJe4gnhYTHL2bzsW7gXGuKpYHZtX0_LK4/edit?usp=sharing

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The primary responsibilities of the Director of Research includes the following:
  • Organising and overseeing the research department, including monitoring staff attendance and performance.
  • Spearheading the development of new projects and fostering collaboration within the research department to execute them successfully.
  • Supervising the Executive team by offering training and assistance as needed to ensure succesful junior leadership within the department
  • Providing guidance and support to research staff at all levels, particularly Senior Researchers who are working towards the Executive role, to aid in their career progression.
  • Maintaining close collaboration with SA/SC to align departmental objectives with site wide goals and fulfil expected requirements of directors
  • Establishing effective cooperation between the various departments across the site to ensure the efficiency of the research department's responsibilities.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Last edited:

'Ignis'

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 13, 2022
+support

good lad
always creating RP
performs well as an OSA / exec

'The Affected'

Nov 7, 2022
+/- neutral leaning towards -support

I know that you can cook good RP, you have the knowledge, but you are not connected with Research Department in any way than a temporary Executive - you did not start a major project recently to engage your department.
I am sorry, but I would like to see someone engaging in activities of this department on a daily basis not someone who got his role without even applying for it as almost everyone else did.

Good luck on your application.

Dennid

Jul 30, 2023
-support
I have seen you create good roleplay on OSA but you were brought in as a temporary exec and during that time I haven’t noticed your presence or seen anything significant as an exec.

I do think if you kept on with research you could get it in the future but for now I don’t think you are ready.

However I wish you the best of luck

Engallagher K. Ludenberg

Feb 14, 2024
-Support
You were brought in as a temporary executive and haven't gone through the traditional application procedure, as Dennid said, your in-game presence is minimal and you metrics such as activity and performance cannot even be measured as you are also not on the roster as once again, you are only a temporary executive. I quite simply think this is just wrong to do.

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
You were an exec?
I am still assisting the department as an Exec.

During a period of low activity levels within the department, with only one director in place, OSAs were offered the opportunity to lend their support to the research department for a two week period, with the potential for a permanent position thereafter based on performance. Having served as a temporary executive for over a month now, I believe I have acquitted myself well.

In recent weeks, I have been assisting the executive team and other research personnel wherever possible. This has involved reviewing proposed experiments, devising new experiments, engaging others, and spearheading a research project. I continue to lead this project, which entails collaboration with various individuals across the research department.

Reactions: Niox

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
Hello @Joshbond im going to give you a -/+ Neutral Support leaning negative

I look at everything here and I find myself being constantly conflicted, on the one hand you seem to have a genuine interest for the department, however you haven't been there long. Based on past experience regarding your behavior would have strongly voted against this application however I can appreciate that people can change and as far as I can see you have become more amicable and from what I can tell you have genuinely grown from your previous actions. Furthermore though i like the project you have presented, in my "refined" opinion, its a bit bland and very basic for a new SCP, although I can see the spirit behind it. If you have any other RP that would you like to share OOCly I'd love to take a gander in DMs as it may help me come to a better conclusion. I feel deeply conflicted based on our interactions, your time in the department and RP capabilities, however I believe you have grown as a person and are capable of quality RP, and it doesn't really matter how long someone is in a department, it matters how much they apply themselves.

I wish you the best of luck.

Kayla

SCP-RP Staff
Oct 20, 2023
- support.
Although your creation of Roleplay is very good, past interactions with you as a CL4 have been very negative. As an OSA I've noticed a fair amount of improvement over time and have not run into any issues personally. However it make it negative not neutral because you stepped in as a temporary Exec not too long ago as part of your OSA duties. I feel it would be unfair for someone that was supposed to be a temporary help with this little experience to get the position.

Joshbond

Donator
Dec 31, 2022
@'Halberd' @Dennid @Engallagher K. Ludenberg @RedMann

Thank you for your honest feedback and being honest myself, if I was in your shoes id probably be thinking/saying the same thing.

While I acknowledge the fair points raised, there are several key considerations that I believe warrant your attention:

- Over the past month, I have been actively engaged as an executive, dedicating approximately 10 hours per week to executive duties in addition to my extensive responsibilities as OSA. I am fully aware that, given my absence from the RsD roster and lack of formal tracking, it may be challenging to verify my involvement. However, I never maintained records of my hours on the RsD roster when I was previously on it. Instead, my time was logged in the OSA database, reflecting my commitment to fulfilling the extended duties I undertook for the department. I can confidently assert that I have indeed been present on site in my executive capacity, and I am certain that many researchers can attest to collaborating with me during this period.

- While it may be true that I haven't generated an abundance of projects or specific documentation to showcase my capabilities as a researcher, I have actively demonstrated leadership within the department, which I firmly believe is crucial at this time. Despite Kevin's commendable efforts, he is but one individual who cannot shoulder the entirety of the workload alone. I sincerely believe that the department requires additional leadership resources to revitalise its operations and to support the development of the Executive team. This entails ensuring they are proactively developing their own projects and integrating other researchers into their work. Naturally, I would be actively involved in this endeavour myself, but it is key to provide guidance to the Executive team and foster collaboration.

- Over the past few weeks, I have been actively encouraging researchers at all levels to initiate new studies, providing direct supprt by aiding in the creation of their documents and helping obtain the necessary resources to conduct their tests. I have been particularly involved in guiding junior researchers through their first few experiments, passing my knowledge on proper experimental organisation and document compilation techniques.
More recently, I have set senior researchers the challenge of creating innovative experiments, even if it involves cross testing between three or more SCPs, with no limitations on the imagination, regardless of the potential hazards (ethics considerations aside). I am fully committed to supporting these endeavours as long as they hold potential to benefit the Foundation. The senior researchers have demonstrated their readiness for this task, and I eagerly await their proposals and how I can contribute to theirwork.

Engallagher K. Ludenberg

Feb 14, 2024
@'Halberd' @Dennid @Engallagher K. Ludenberg @RedMann

Thank you for your honest feedback and being honest myself, if I was in your shoes id probably be thinking/saying the same thing.

While I acknowledge the fair points raised, there are several key considerations that I believe warrant your attention:

- Over the past month, I have been actively engaged as an executive, dedicating approximately 10 hours per week to executive duties in addition to my extensive responsibilities as OSA. I am fully aware that, given my absence from the RsD roster and lack of formal tracking, it may be challenging to verify my involvement. However, I never maintained records of my hours on the RsD roster when I was previously on it. Instead, my time was logged in the OSA database, reflecting my commitment to fulfilling the extended duties I undertook for the department. I can confidently assert that I have indeed been present on site in my executive capacity, and I am certain that many researchers can attest to collaborating with me during this period.

- While it may be true that I haven't generated an abundance of projects or specific documentation to showcase my capabilities as a researcher, I have actively demonstrated leadership within the department, which I firmly believe is crucial at this time. Despite Kevin's commendable efforts, he is but one individual who cannot shoulder the entirety of the workload alone. I sincerely believe that the department requires additional leadership resources to revitalise its operations and to support the development of the Executive team. This entails ensuring they are proactively developing their own projects and integrating other researchers into their work. Naturally, I would be actively involved in this endeavour myself, but it is key to provide guidance to the Executive team and foster collaboration.

- Over the past few weeks, I have been actively encouraging researchers at all levels to initiate new studies, providing direct supprt by aiding in the creation of their documents and helping obtain the necessary resources to conduct their tests. I have been particularly involved in guiding junior researchers through their first few experiments, passing my knowledge on proper experimental organisation and document compilation techniques.
More recently, I have set senior researchers the challenge of creating innovative experiments, even if it involves cross testing between three or more SCPs, with no limitations on the imagination, regardless of the potential hazards (ethics considerations aside). I am fully committed to supporting these endeavours as long as they hold potential to benefit the Foundation. The senior researchers have demonstrated their readiness for this task, and I eagerly await their proposals and how I can contribute to theirwork.
While I can understand that you may have put some effort in, you also have to understand that for the current sake of the executives on the team, we are also very capable individuals that may just need some time before stepping into the role of director ourselves, I too have tried to engage researchers into doing interesting tests and going beyond normal capabilities and into more expansive roleplay opportunity.

Secondly there are executives that are meant to be executives who put in longer hours to the department per week, I understand you may have OSA duties as well and not being fully involved really does not give you the full experience needed for this role in my opinion.

I do acknowledge your potential for roleplay, however definitely not director of research, I remember a quote from a previous DoR; roles should not be filled for the sake of filling them, they should be filled once someone is ready for the role.

We had a similar person who also tried to step into director of research, just so there was a role filled and he too had a lot of minus support on his application, ultimately getting denied, despite being on the O5 Council at the time. There is no need to rush to fill a role, everything in its own time, when a capable individual comes along.

I simply believe you are not integrated enough as part of the executive team to step up to the role of director. You even said yourself, you understand why we are responding in this way, because this is simply wrong.

Research has also just had a decent amount of new executives, and they have been given no time to try and start or complete any projects, I personally got straight away involved in making RP and continuing past projects, and it's come back to the point that it just requires a little time for the right person to assume the position of director.

Stealth

Dec 4, 2022
6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████.

Hello, @Joshbond

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be denied. The reasons for this denial may be elaborated on should you decide to get in contact with us. No further action is required.

You may re-apply in two weeks' time.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.