[UK] Marco Portson's Director of External Affairs Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihailo2121

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 5, 2021
(This is a copy of my previous application. Amendments can be identified with <>)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:93116397
Discord name: @IceWaltz
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have been a part of the CG community for over 2 years, I Joined CG-SCP towards the beginning of 2022. Total playtime is approximately <340> hours according to the playtime achievement
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): Marco "Benvolio" Portson
Civilian name: Simmion Wall
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Holding: DEA Deputy Director | Held: E-11 CSG, A-1 SGT, Intel Ambassador,CI-A

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
No kicks, bans or active warnings.

Why are you applying for Director of External Affairs?
Because I firmly believe that I am the best and most capable candidate for the role and I think that I could help continue the upward trajectory of the DEA that Mike 'Brum' inspired. The DEA has been a large part of my online life since its creation and I would love to keep it running.

<I truly aspire to be one of the few great directors for the DEA that are able to stay in the departments for a considerable amount of time whilst massively improving the department in all aspects.>

What makes you suitable for Director of External Affairs?:
I am currently the most knowledgeable member in the department, having been in the DEA since its creation, I have seen many directors come and go, and I have learnt what works and what doesn't work when it comes to running this department. For the vast majority of the DEA's life, I have worked tirelessly to try and keep the department running, From Hosting Daily training non-stop since my return from LOA to managing large operations with the help of my fellow agents.
I also believe that I am very proficient with spreadsheet use and documentation as I have created/implemented so many vital things in my time at the DEA, a few of which include (but are not limited to) reworking tryouts, aiding past directors in roster reworks, creating guides and, providing templates for others to use.

<Having spent more time as a deputy director, I have become far more confident in my ability to manage a department on my own during the stretches of time when the main director was unavailable. I have also learnt the importance of communicating with site administration and other departmental leaders as it helps improve interdepartmental relations and ensures that any issues within the department are solved swiftly.>

What are the responsibilities of the Director of External Affairs in RP?:
- To work alongside other department members to ensure a healthy, active and thriving department.
- To communicate and coordinate effectively with other departments whilst improving interdepartmental relations.
- To constantly adapt and innovate with new ways to improve the department.
- To create a plethora of RP opportunities for Agents and others to participate in and enjoy.

<-To communicate, listen to, and respect site administration as they are the best way to understand the current state of the department and how to improve it.>

Please give some lore about your Director of External Affairs character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Marco was born into a poor family in the small town of Kerg on July 17th 1997. In his childhood, he was obsessed with electronics and circuitry. He would remove some parts of computers electronics and wire from electronics and repurpose them to create all sorts of things, from small devices to computers. At the age of 16, he enlisted at the British Royal Army College Harrogate. He graduated as an honorary LCPL in 2013 and was stationed at a base in Leeds. On July 1st, 2014, Marco was chosen to partake in Operation Hammer Head, which was a classified mission to storm the compound of an ISIS leader and terminate him. After the success of Operation Hammerhead, it raised the attention of the foundation recruiter, who later brought Marco into the foundation as a DEA Agent. As an agent, Marco knew that information was the most powerful tool at his disposal and so, he repurposed the skills he learnt in the army to surveil, monitor, and distract his targets. These methods were highly effective and did not go unnoticed by the foundation's higher-ups, Marco quickly climbed up the ranks at record speeds.

Nebula

Jan 15, 2022
Neutral
++ Active
+ Pulls his weight in the department as a management member for docs

- Immature/not leading by example at times, this has happened a few times when we were both present where I have had to interviene to stop infighting despite being one rank below you after you joined in

Caeden

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 21, 2021
HUGE +SUPPORT

Active
Friendly
Does documents
Good boss (from when I play DEA)
Not bias when punishing people.
Good application
Deputy director
Was the only person in charge of DEA from brum resigning to rook getting it and from rook resigning, he knows what hes doing.

Kree

May 17, 2023
+Support
+ Active on DEA
+ Shows a lot of care for the department
+ Already has the leadership skills from Deputy

Zwacky

Administrator
Administrator
DarkRP Staff
Event Team
Dec 25, 2020
Cyprus
+Support

Marco is one of the longest standing members of the DEA. His dedication to the department is very impressive and the amount of CL4 experience he has in DEA and Intelligence Department is what makes him the most suitable candidate for this position.

I also do believe he will be the Director of this department far longer than the past Directors which have left after 1-2 weeks.

Marco is the best option here and i trust him in leading this department to better heights. Good luck Marco.

Reactions: mihailo2121

Nukegoboom

Jun 10, 2022

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████ .

Hello, @mihailo2121 . Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation.

After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Reactions: Caeden
Status
Not open for further replies.