[UK] 'Napoléon": Ethics Committee Member Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah "Xenon" Kamski

Sep 17, 2022
Site-65
Greetings, @François "Napoléon"
As someone who spend quite lot of time with you, i decided to give you +Support on this application for the following reasons.

Positive support
-Active
- good interactions
-Professional

Neutral support
-N/A

Negative support
-French. (jk)

From what i have seen, you would be a great fit for this position! You have great knowledge, professionalism and you are mature.

This feedback is not here to harm you on your journey to become a Ethics committee member, but to give those reading the application a feedback from the member of the community.

Best of luck on your application and have a good day,
-General Security Captain Elijah Kamski

SkyWing

Feb 8, 2023
+Support
- Best French man I know
- Eats all my baguettes

You will forever be my Pookie Wookie Dookie bear.

François "Napoléon"

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Feb 16, 2023
+/- Neutral
-Although you definitely have the experience and RP experience, I do find that you have a lack of leadership/initiative that a ECM should have. You were demoted by the O5 due to Nu7 underperforming, and I’m unsure of someone like that being a ECM.

-Well written App/Lore
-French
Been a while since you left feedback on here but didn't want to respond straight away just so people could have time to reply as well without me bloating this post with a novel.

I completly understand the concern with my lack of iniative that is related to the demotion I got. In all honesty yeah we could have done better but like I said in this app. I have been Nu7 for a long time now (today it's been 546 since I joined ) When I got com at first we had a full co team and where still implementing updates to fix all the problems that Nu7 accumulated over time. However after a few months, all my co team bassicaly left. Now I not only had to fix a reg still broken in many parts, but I also had to get a co team ready when most of the members where not ready for it. With me also reaching a point of considering to resign we had to keep up with changing a dying reg with a small team.

We got audited eventually but managed to survive. We got the team rolling somewhat. Then co's left again, we barrely managed to get things rolling again and I was starting to have stuff pile up in real life. In general I had a choice to make, focus on gmod or real life. Should I maybe have resigned or reached out for help? Yes. But I didn't, like I said in the app, having to just deal with so much and having real life just made our team close in on itself, and feelling like we where just being targeted by everyone, when in reality looking back nah we where just copping hard. But at the same time we where trying. In fact right before I got demoted, or activity was starting to rise and numbers where getting up. I knew my time was counted so I focused on at least getting our co ready for when they could reach com. Notably getting Billy to keep on improving so he could eventually get com (wich he didn't since he went to sa), I even was giving advice to bob wich clearly had potential and seems like I did well because he now is the ltcom.

Could things have gone better? Yes. Did we fail real bad? Yes. But I just hope that you understand where we where in that time. When I speak of leadership I do not mention this because yes, it is absolutely an example of what not to do. And getting demoted allowed me to see it.

That is why I stepped down to maj. Because I wanted to be able to step back and understand where we failed so when explaining things to Auburn he would not make the same mistake in the regiment. My entire plan became to at least have Nu7 still be alive. I didn't expect to be demoted this early. But I knew it would happen (I tought we would get most likely a new audit next week if things didn't improve much) so I prepped with the little free time I had, since I was in my exam period full stop. Not only that but my pc was broken before hand. So I was unable to play for a month, and then had to pick up a dead reg during exams (should have resigned again but the Nu7 mentality told me to not do it).

I hope this shares light into why I got demoted. If people concerned with the event don't believe me still, it's fine too, I just wanted to say what I saw from my perspective to at least make people understand what happened.

This is by no mean justificiation, I failed bad and could have done better for sure. But the situation did not help us at all in having a positive mentallity.

I'm am thankfull that you even decided to leave feedback in the first place.

Have a good day. =)

Ps: sorry if there are any typo, I don't really have time to spell check this like I usually do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Niox

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Been a while since you left feedback on here but didn't want to respond straight away just so people could have time to reply as well without me bloating this post with a novel.

I completly understand the concern with my lack of iniative that is related to the demotion I got. In all honesty yeah we could have done better but like I said in this app. I have been Nu7 for a long time now (today it's been 546 since I joined ) When I got com at first we had a full co team and where still implementing updates to fix all the problems that Nu7 accumulated over time. However after a few months, all my co team bassicaly left. Now I not only had to fix a reg still broken in many parts, but I also had to get a co team ready when most of the members where not ready for it. With me also reaching a point of considering to resign we had to keep up with changing a dying reg with a small team.

We got audited eventually but managed to survive. We got the team rolling somewhat. Then co's left again, we barrely managed to get things rolling again and I was starting to have stuff pile up in real life. In general I had a choice to make, focus on gmod or real life. Should I maybe have resigned or reached out for help? Yes. But I didn't, like I said in the app, having to just deal with so much and having real life just made our team close in on itself, and feelling like we where just being targeted by everyone, when in reality looking back nah we where just copping hard. But at the same time we where trying. In fact right before I got demoted, or activity was starting to rise and numbers where getting up. I knew my time was counted so I focused on at least getting our co ready for when they could reach com. Notably getting Billy to keep on improving so he could eventually get com (wich he didn't since he went to sa), I even was giving advice to bob wich clearly had potential and seems like I did well because he now is the ltcom.

Could things have gone better? Yes. Did we fail real bad? Yes. But I just hope that you understand where we where in that time. When I speak of leadership I do not mention this because yes, it is absolutely an example of what not to do. And getting demoted allowed me to see it.

That is why I stepped down to maj. Because I wanted to be able to step back and understand where we failed so when explaining things to Auburn he would not make the same mistake in the regiment. My entire plan became to at least have Nu7 still be alive. I didn't expect to be demoted this early. But I knew it would happen (I tought we would get most likely a new audit next week if things didn't improve much) so I prepped with the little free time I had, since I was in my exam period full stop. Not only that but my pc was broken before hand. So I was unable to play for a month, and then had to pick up a dead reg during exams (should have resigned again but the Nu7 mentality told me to not do it).

I hope this shares light into why I got demoted. If people concerned with the event don't believe me still, it's fine too, I just wanted to say what I saw from my perspective to at least make people understand what happened.

This is by no mean justificiation, I failed bad and could have done better for sure. But the situation did not help us at all in having a positive mentallity.

I'm am thankfull that you even decided to leave feedback in the first place.

Have a good day. =)

Ps: sorry if there are any typo, I don't really have time to spell check this like I usually do.
After reading all of this I’ll update my response to a +Support leaning towards +/-Neutral
You admitted your faults and although that doesn’t change what happened, I don’t believe it’ll happen again after reading this.

Best of Luck

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
>> Login detected, Good day, I am Cairo.aic. Where the harp's strings are pulled?

Enter: Music will end the violence

>> Good day Chairman McKenna, how can i help you today?

Enter: Attach Ethics Committee Verdict file #00009 and send to intended recipient

>> Letter attached.... sent to the email of @François "Napoléon"

*click*

Open File?

1708262333446.png

Status
Not open for further replies.