[UK] O5-1 'The Oligarch' Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grong

Dec 30, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:574978103
Discord name: grong__
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 1543 hours according to the in game achievements section
In what country are you located?: Scotland (UK)
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): F- 'The Liar' CI- Harry 'Gong'
Civilian name: Greg Stevenson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- O5-4 'The Liar' (Holding)
- Alpha-1 Commander (Held)
- NU-7 SGT LDR (Held)
- DEA Senior Agent (Held)
- CI Beta(Holding)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Bans.png
I have said and done a lot of very stupid shit within this community but anyone who knows me now knows that I have changed and am not a toxic person anymore. Additionally, all of my bans are over a year old and all my warns are expired.
What O5 role are you applying for, and why (give the specific O5 number):
I am Applying for O5-1 as it is the next logical step in my progression through the Council and I feel that I am ready to take on this role and the responsibilities that come along with it. I have a large amount of experience around this role in my time as Alpha-1 and by time as O5 so far. During my time within the role of Alpha-1 Commander and as my time as Overseer I feel that I have managed to demonstrate my ability to take initiative within RP and out of RP and have proven myself competent within my roles.
What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?:
There are a good few things that make me the best candidate for -1, here are some of them:

Leadership
For the last 6 months on the server I held a leadership role be it in Alpha-1 or on the O5 Council more recently, during this time I have learned the ins and outs of what it takes to lead and how to keep people engaged in their duties, having these leadership roles has allowed to me to be able to look at issues that have arose with an unbiased mindset. When I took the role of Alpha-1 Commander the regiment was not in the best place, during the time that I was commander I played a great part in helping to bring the regiment back to what it once was.

Experience & Activity
I have worked closely with the role of O5-1 for the past 8 months either in A-1 or on the Council, during this time I have been able to effectively gain an understanding of what the role entails, it's duties and the responsibilities that come along with the role. During my roughly 10 months on site I have had the opportunity to play and interact with virtually every department on the server and know how to effectively RP with each one. I am someone who has always kept a good standard of activity and yes in recent days and the past week, I will admit to having a drop in activity however this is due to a huge amount of school work (Which is now done) and me having broken my wrist and elbow (Which will be healed in the next week or 2 but I can still play) so I will be able to return to my regular levels of activity. I do understand that I do not have a huge amount of experience within the Council as of yet but my experience around the role is more than sufficient I feel.

Conduct
I am a person who has always looked to hold myself to a high standard both in RP and out of RP and to a great degree of professionalism, you will never find me being unprofessional as expected of any O5 never mind the -1 role, I have only ever received one strike in my roles and I whole Heartedly admit to my mistake in that situation and moved on and fixed it, I have never once been arrested on the server on any job and my record on the server as a whole is nearly perfect.

Learning from my Mistakes
During my time on site I have always been willing to take on board any criticism that has been given to me and fixed the issue that has been pointed out to me, whether that be the people around me in the department I have been in control of or Overseeing, or based on me personally. I believe I have shown maturity through this and through many other areas of my time on the server.

Documentation
During my time as an Alpha-1 CO I was able to maintain and create numerous high quality documents for the regiment and played a significant role in that side of the regiment. I am someone who has been consulted many times for help with documents if needed and I thoroughly enjoy creating and helping with them. One of the most recent examples of documentation which I have produced in a more OOC side of the server are linked here and you will find my lore document at the end of this application which I believe is of a good standard. In my opinion this skill is required for any Site Command member.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council in RP?:
The responsibilities of the Council in RP are:

Watching over the Site as a whole - The O5 Council are responsible for watching over the entirety of the site and ensuring that everything is running smoothly, if something or someone is causing issues then they can either report it to Site Administration or deal with it themselves depending on the severity.

Deploying Alpha-1 - The O5 Council have exclusive power over Alpha-1 and have the ability to deploy them as they wish to enforce their will around the site.

Implementation of Site Policies- The Council are usually directly involved in the creation or updating of Site Wide policies such as the FLC, many times the Council have the final say in the implementation of various policies.

Calling Code Blacks- The O5 have the ability to call Code Blacks if they feel that significant danger is posed to the running of the site or the lives of the personnel within it.

Performing Spot Checks- This can be done via the use of either assistant, Alpha-1 or both and would consist of looking at a department and the documents in their offices in order to check if it is running smoothly and efficiently.

Detonation of the Alpha Warhead- If the site is lost and ERT have failed then the Council may detonate the on site warhead and reset the flow of RP.

Watching Over SA and the Director

Working with OSAs
- O5 are expected to produce a steady stream of orders for Overseer assistants to complete in order to ensure the role has a continuous flow of RP and things to do.

Leading and Creating RP for the Server- Probably the most important role of the Council, they are expected to be looking to constantly create and uphold RP for the site as a whole to enjoy. The most recent example of me doing this would be through the various orders I have conducted with the OSA job such as having all of A-1 conduct psych evals, or having IA open investigations into certain departments along with A-1 (which is ongoing so I won't mention names) with the view to looking into conducting a hearing later on.

Authorising AA- This should only be done when there is no Site Administration present at the time and when there are multiple breaches of Keter Class

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
Dealing with Site Director Applications
Dealing with Director of External Affairs Applications
Dealing with OSA Applications
Voting on O5 Applications
In all of these -1 would act as a tie breaker should there be a tie in votes
Maintaining Regular Communication with SSL about what can be improved and fixed on site or within the Council
Please give some lore about your O5 character and what storylines they would be involved in:
O5-1 'The Oligarch'

Note that you can highlight the text to see through redacted text

Last edited:

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
+ Support

I've known Grong since he joined A-1 and he has always presented himself as professional, active and welcoming to others around him. Progressing through the ranks of A-1 and creating RP through A-1's Squadrons, he has always set a good example to both peers and superiors.
Definitely a strong candidate for O5-1 .

Good Luck,
Falcon

• Love
Reactions: Grong

Tarz

Nov 12, 2022
+ Support

In my time on the server, I have had many interactions with Grong, and all of these interactions have been more than positive.
The application is good and goes into depth in nearly every area that is needed.

Grong may have only been in the council for around a month to two months however in this time he has most definitely proven himself in both
this position and in his previous time as Alpha-1 commander.

Lore is also quite good and if I am honest I really hope that Grong does get this position as he would most definitely fit this position.

Good luck with your verdict.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Wonka and Grong

Generic

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
+MASSIVE SUPPORT
In my time on the server, I have had many interactions with Grong, and all of these interactions have been more than positive.
The application is good and goes into depth in nearly every area that is needed.

Grong may have only been in the council for around a month to two months however in this time he has most definitely proven himself in both
this position and in his previous time as Alpha-1 commander.

Lore is also quite good and if I am honest I really hope that Grong does get this position as he would most definitely fit this position.

Good luck with your verdict.

• Love
  • Angry
Reactions: Grong and Wonka

cityismy

May 10, 2023
MASSIVE FUCKING +SUPPORT
RAHHH DUNDEE SCOTLAND FOREVER ???????
But seriously he is very capable of this position and I wish you best of luck grong

• Love

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

I'm gonna have a stroke reading your name, good lad, the only downside is the short time of being O5, but oh hey u can't change that in an instant, major respect for going for O5 after my dumbass dipped

• Love

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
-/+ Neutral

The interactions I have had with you during your time as A-1 COM have always been productive and during the time I was Chairman I had good feedback on you from my O-1 COs team, with them saying you are highly cooperative and pivotal in keeping good relations between O-1 and A-1.

My only concern is that O5-1 is the seniormost position in the playerbase alongside ECC and in my personal opinion candidates for senior CL5 should be amongst the most experienced available. If you had one more month of experience as an Overseer this would be a +support.

Good luck Grong!

'Athena'

Feb 24, 2023
+ Support

Grong, I think you will be a brilliant candidate for O5-1, you have been someone that has always communicated well, pushed for improvements between those around you and have always been a great person to be around, I have had nothing but positive interactions with you.

Something I would love to see is if you edited your application to add examples of roleplay you have created as an O5, but either way I support your move to the position.

Also sorry to hear about your wrist! Hope you're feeling better.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.