In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: GMT+0
Character name(s): Merrick Travolta / "NoFun"
Civilian name: Michael Mcdoesntexist
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- MTF NU-7 LCPL (Former) , MTF A1 SGT (Holding), Director of Internal Affairs (Holding), IA Ambassador (Held)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- None
What O5 role are you applying for, and why (give the specific O5 number):
- O5-2, Despite having equal power, in the server they are normally considered the newest member of the council and would be the most logical if I were to be accepted for the position, I am applying for this role as I believe I'm finally getting to the level of roleplay and ability that i could serve the facility (And my own interests) as a council member, I have a good knowledge of most departments, How ISD operate and how the council operate.

What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?:

Council members are often Responsible for managing and keeping departments in check. This is often the case with my duties as an internal Affairs Director and Ambassador. We monitor departments for FLC violations and with permissions can even audit their documents, I feel like as my position allowed me to get to know members of each and every department I also learned how they all work and what kind of flow they have in both structure and leadership.

While my experience in this senior CL4 position isn't a huge amount, I like to think i've made some decent changes to my department and would use the power of a council member to start larger projects across other departments.

Some of my goals for if I were to obtain a seat at the council would be to do some projects relating to the security of the foundation, Wheather that's from internal or external threats. I also would likely try to pursue a project or two in cooperation with ethics (Scary I know). As in my view, While O5 and ethics are counterparts. That does not mean it's written in stone that they have to be at odds all the time, and that's one thing I've observed the most when it comes to interacting with the two both as IA director and as Alpha-1 SGT.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council in RP?:

The O5 council are responsible with managing the conduct side of the FLC. A tool used by (Mostly) Internal Affairs to keep the site free of trouble makers to the best of their ability. This tool is made in collaboration with the Ethics Committee to make sure the foundation stay within some form of guideline when operating. They are expected to have an in-depth knowledge of the codex.

The Council also manage departments and the site as a whole, Normally through bestowing that power to Site Administration, But they may take some direct oversight if the situation requires it. For Example they currently hold authority over the Research department and are constantly giving them new projects and tasks to do to ensure a better and stronger foundation.

The Council also handle authorisation of Advanced Armory or Mass Term of D-class, Code black events or even the utilisation of the Alpha Warhead when the site is beyond saving. They also can authorise specific cross tests and offer Specific people the resources to do tests that... Fall outside the legal codex.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

They appoint members of the following positions
-MTF Alpha-1 Commander
-Site Director
-OSA
-Directors of Research.

They also give opinions and verdicts for other Overseer applications.

They also Assist other RP leads when they need assistance with their own storylines/Plots.

Please give some lore about your O5 character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Merrick would keep himself around the edges of Internal Affairs, Looming over them to both hinder and help where he can. (What's the point of being on the council if you can't.. be a little selfish)

He would also seek to work not in opposition of the Committee, But in attempts to work with them. Likely with the attitude of if something is being blocked and he see's no reasonable compromise, to stray and break those rules.

Aside from that, He would see the security of the site as a number 1 priority. This could lead into plotlines with E-11 and Gensec. Though it would all depend on those departments and how receptive they are to the councils help.

Mar 20, 2022
Hello @Merrick Travolta

I will be sad to see you step away from DoIA, but this is something I feel you will do very well in. Your ability to create and lead roleplay is of a high quality. Your documentation work is excellent, I have to rely upon you for spreadsheets as I am inept with it.

You interact with people in a very positive manner and would be a great addition to the council itself with RP Leadership.
+Support from me!

Good luck!

Dec 3, 2023
+Support

Has had both experience in senior CL4 and A-1. Both of these are critical when becoming CL5, confident that you would bring up interesting RP events

Merrick Travolta

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Oct 18, 2023
Hello @Merrick Travolta

I will be sad to see you step away from DoIA, but this is something I feel you will do very well in. Your ability to create and lead roleplay is of a high quality. Your documentation work is excellent, I have to rely upon you for spreadsheets as I am inept with it.

You interact with people in a very positive manner and would be a great addition to the council itself with RP Leadership.
+Support from me!

Good luck!
Even if i move on I will be gladly available to help you with spreadsheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.