Time zone: GMT +1
Character name(s): Don 'Dutch' Daniels
Civilian name: -
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
I am holding: Site Advisor, 096 & CI.
I have held: Director of Medicine, Consultant, A-1 CSG and CPL, GSD Captain, OSA, ECA, O-1, E-11, & Nu-7 SPC.
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have 3 warnings, they are for failrp, metagaming & combat jumping.

I have asked for feedback and the application was good enough. If anyone else has some feedback be sure to write it in the comments or event send me a message on Discord. I am also currently ROA due to university, just in-case you have not seen me on much.

What O5 role are you applying for, and why (give the specific O5 number):
I am applying for O5-4 'The Surgeon'. The reason I am applying for this is because I think I have the neccesary experience and knowledge that an overseer should have. During my time as director I have encountered alot of roleplay and I have even created some on my own. Take my surgery idea for example. Altough it is now rarely used, it created some engaging roleplay for the medical department and it benefitted to ongoing rp storylines and lore. I think that I have the tools to create good storylines and roleplay for the foundation and maybe even for the other GOI's. Furthermore I would like to give my guideance to anyone who would want or need it. This can differ from a whole department to maybe personal goals or achievements. Also my permissions as a Senior Gamemaster will aid me in the creation of possible storylines and scenario's where I can make the roleplay much more extensive than it already is.

What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?:
What makes me the best candidate is that I am very creative and I am approachable. I like to write stuff down and think of potential scenario's one could play out. Also my senior CL4 experience. I know that I am only a Site Advisor for a few months now, but my role as Director of Medicine is where I recieved alot of my experience. But I do think that I have some things to learn. For example how to observe and steer large scale roleplay into a good direction, and I think I am able to learn that when being a part of the council. Furthermore I have some knowledge on what the council does due to my past role as an Alpha-1 member and being an Overseer Assistant. I also have a proven track record of being an active and professional member of the community. I have a good and deep understanding of the community, its rules and how to maintain a high roleplay standard. I know what the community needs and the handouts that come with them to activate the best in people.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council in RP?:
The council has a variety of tasks in the facility, these are the following:
- They oversee the entire site, but leave most of it to Site Administration.
- They can authorize Advance Armory whenever it is deemed necessary (3+ SCP breach for example).
- They can use the Alpha Warhead under special circumstances (For example an 008 breach going into entrance zone and ERT has failed).
- They can authorize tests on different SCP's, termination attempts and cross testing of keter x keter.
- They command and order Alpha-1 in their own discretion.
- They are responsible for the Overseer Assistants and give the assistants assignments and tasks.
- Think, create and lead roleplay scenario's and storylines for the facility.
- Oversee site administration and give them guideance and orders when necessary.
- Interviene in GOI relationships when necessary. (Site administration is primary in this but council can step in).
- Make any changes in the FLC on the conduct side.
- Work togheter with the ethics committee to ensure the site is stable and used to its full potential.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
One of the main things that the O5 council does out of roleplay is applications. These are for Site Director, Director of External Affairs and Overseer Assistant applications. With this they also select and promote the Alpha-1 commander. They also vote on any O5 applications when these are open. -1 has the final say, but will listen to the others their opinion first.

As the one of the highest members on site, they are expected to set an example of good behaviour and guidance to those below them. They will interact alot of Senior Clearance 4 and are basically like indirect mentors. This also means facilitating roleplay with other factions on the server and for example the group of interest Global Occult Coallition. They step in from SA when things get too hectic and they are also in the position to fix any disputes and fights whenever they happen out of character.

Please give some lore about your O5 character and what storylines they would be involved in:

C.A.I.R.O. User login: - Welcome Chief Overseer ████ , how may I assist you today?

Chief Overseer ████ : Pull up the file of Don 'Dutch' Daniels.

C.A.I.R.O. Accessing file of Don 'Dutch' Daniels.

Loading File...

Secure. Contain. Protect.

Information
Name:
Don 'Dutch' Daniels
Current Status: Alive
Clearance Level: 4
Position: Site Advisor

Background:
Dutch used to be in the military. He was in the branch of Special Forces wich were also known as KCT (KorpsCommandoTroepen) where he was medical personell. He has fought in Iraq, Somalia and Afghanistan. See photo of Dutch with his collegue attending injured personell in Afghanistan.

Dutch was very good at his job as a combat medic and he has saved multiple lives in his career, treating those who need it on the field.

On 24/08/2004 Dutch was sent out to do a training on the airbase called Rammstein in Germany. They were practicing on retrieval and treatment whilst inside a aircraft. Dutch has had this training a lot on home grounds but never at the famous airbase with US troops.

The training had started and Dutch was ready to receive the first patient. This was until he overheard a panicked signal coming from a small remotely located village. The radio message seemed odd so they decided to check it out. Once Dutch arrived to the distress call with the team he was with he noticed a large beast being fired upon by a squadron of blue looking guys. They landed the helicopter and Dutch ran towards the nearest unit to receive a situation report. The unit introduced himself as the MTF unit Epsilon-11.
Dutch had no idea what this meant so he relayed it back to the helicopter pilot. To request information on this group so called Epsilon-11.

Suddenly a large car was thrown towards the helicopter, resulting in the death of all crew members except from Dutch. Dutch was still sitting in cover and watched how the crew members cried for help whilst on fire. Dutch knew he couldn’t do anything and even though he only knew those guys for a few hours, he still felt anger and sadness. However this is not the time for emotions he thought as he asked what he could do to help out.

The unit send Dutch to his commander. He looked like all those guys except he had a beret on. He asked what he could do and what that thing was they were fighting. The commander said that Dutch could go treat any injured people that had a chance of survival and that that thing was called SCP-682.
Dutch had never heard of SCP or that specific number, but he knew that people were in need and that he had the tools to treat them. He grabbed one of the medical bags of the MTF personel and started to treat any injured.

He noticed that when he patched someone up that they would still go into shock and he did not have the resources or stuff to treat this. He knew that all those people would die if he did not have the resources and supplies there within 30 minutes. He had to start triage and treat the ones that were almost sure to make it.

Dutch then got called out by an E-11 unit and told him that his collegue was badly hurt. Dutch started doing an assessment where he saw that his leg was almost torn off. Dutch started treating the E-11 whilst everyone else kept fighting off SCP-682. He noticed that the E-11 was going into shock due to massive amounts of blood loss.
Dutch has O- blood, therefore he is able to give it to anyone that is in need of blood. He knew that O- was universal and that anyone is able to receive this. He started an IV where he was directly tapping his own blood into the E-11. He knew that the E-11 could go bad on this but it was either dying due to shock or dying to a reaction of blood, so he took the chance.

It seemed that it was working and that the patient was not having a reaction to the receiving blood. Dutch closed the line from his arm and bandaged himself up, leaving the IV inside the E-11 with a saline solution.

A few minutes later he heard a large noise. It almost sounded like 1500 horsepower gas turbine engine. He recognized that noise from anywhere. It was a tank squadron! Dutch was relieved that they received backup to fight this monster but the tanks were covered in gray. He did not recognize the logo’s on the tanks and asked the E-11 if they were with them or not. The E-11 responded with a large smile on his face. He responded saying that they were from MTF Unit NU-7 Hammer Down. Dutch was still very confused about these namings but was happy that they received friendly backup. The tanks started firing upon 682 causing so much damage, that he got knocked out.

All the units started celebrating and a large container was flown in with a helicopter. Dutch was thanked by units for the medical support he has given them.

The commander of E-11 invited him to become a combat medic within the Foundation. Dutch was still very confused on what he had actually fought but was still curious on what the thing actually was. Dutch accepted the offer and so he got welcomed into the foundation.

Incident report: 21/█0/20██
Dutch was outperforming alot of his collegue's. He had gathered alot of experience from his time in the army and he used that experience to better the department and the patient. Dutch soon got promoted up to consultant and then the following happend.

On the 21st of ██ an incident occurd with an member of the ████ Council. Dutch was on call that night and was called up to Floor 3 due to a medical emergency. Dutch grabbed his bag and started running to the elevator of Floor 3. It appeared that ██ was having terrible chestpains and he was looking all white. Dutch did not hesitate for a second and started assesing what was going on. It appeared that ██ was having a aneurysm and he had to get surgery ASAP. Dutch knew there was no time to call someone else so he decided to try and do it alone with the assisting hand of a few Alpha-1 members. He made a quick sterile field and laid out his tools. He then proceeded to make an incision to try and find the bleed. Eventually he found it and clamped it off. The ██ was stable again. Dutch let out a sigh of relief and started closing up the member. A member of the ██ saw what Dutch did and decided to make him Director of Medicine.

Council Meeting report:
-1: Right, we need to discuss a certain person.
-2: Who are we discussing?
-1: It is Site Advisor Don Daniels, are you gentlemen aware of him?
-2: Yes I know him, he is the old director of medicine right?
-3: Correct.
-1: I have a suspicion he is aware of the 006 usage that I used to do.
-3: How is he aware of this?
-1: Back in the day when I was still -2, he did a medical checkup on me and after reading his report he noted down some things that are noticable.
-2: Like what?
-1: He basically gave a description of what 006 did.
-3: Do you think we have to take action on this?
-2: I don't think we need to do anything with this to be honest.
-1: And why is that -2?
-2: Seeming as this was back when you were -2, than that means he was a consultant back then.
-3: Yeah I believe I remember him, he was the one who saved you from an aneurysm right?
-1: That is true. But we should still be carefull as this is CL5 information.
-3: Hmm you do have a point there. I think we should invite him for a meeting with us. What do you think?
-2: Agreed.
-1: Agreed. Let's see what he has to say and I might even want to give him an proposal

Big Mike

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 16, 2022
 -Support
DUTCH

jk

+MASSIVE SUPPORT
Dutch has proven to be capable as a site advisor, Has the leadership and management skills. As o5 he will do amazing work.

Last edited:

Mark “Billy” Bob

Mar 30, 2023
+ Massive Support
Good guy has good enough experience and seen him create amazing RP events and just general serious RP for others. I won’t be applying for O5 this time however, perhaps next time, and wish to be there with you. Wish you the best!

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support

I AM A SURGEON, I AM A SURGEON, I AM A SURGEON, I AM A SURGEON, DR KHAN I AM A SURGEON, I AM A SURGEON, DR KHAN, I AM A SURGEON

Gregory McCain

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 29, 2021
Harelbeke, Belgium
Hello, @Don 'Dutch' Daniels,

I have taken the time to read your application and would like to leave a neutral leaning towards +support verdict.

Going from the information within your application, I can tell that your intentions are fair and honest, I do believe that you possess the skills to be brought to the table for an interview and I do believe you make for a suitable candidate for the council. However, there are a couple of things I would like to address before moving my verdict towards full support, these are mainly;

You talk about setting up a lot of roleplay scenarios for the members on-site, what specific plans would you have in mind? I do acknowledge that you are an experienced (senior) gamemaster, but I would like to see how you would approach creating roleplay from the perspective of an overseer. Speaking from personal experience as a former site director, setting up an event as a gamemaster and trying to set up a roleplay scenario as a member of the council could be considered two different things.

Another point is that you do not specify a lot about how you would direct and lead the overseer assistants and Alpha-1. These two groups are directly dependent on your input as an overseer and their playability on the server is (of course with the other council members ) up to you to direct. This is also another factor to keep into account when creating the roleplay scenarios you mentioned, are you planning on including the assistants and Alpha-1 in your roleplay, and if so, how do you utilise them within these roleplay scenarios?

I also do genuinely wonder how you would go about your daily duties as an overseer. You specify the duties of the council pretty well, but I do hope that you would act as a proxy over site administration and would try to involve them in as many roleplay scenarios as you possibly can. The site has, in my opinion, suffered a lot of blows to the chain of command. At the moment of writing, I do think that a lot of players step over site administration and move straight up to site command. Do you agree with this statement and if you also do see it this way, how would you try to reenforce the global chain of command within the daily operations on-site?

I do know, this is quite the response and I do apologise, but I really would love to see how you would go about utilising the overseer job on-site, both within your daily duties as well as in the executive roleplay creation way.

I wish you the best with this application and I wish you the best of day.

Mark Belgrum (Dutch)

Oct 5, 2022
The Netherlands
Hello, @Don 'Dutch' Daniels,

I have taken the time to read your application and would like to leave a neutral leaning towards +support verdict.

Going from the information within your application, I can tell that your intentions are fair and honest, I do believe that you possess the skills to be brought to the table for an interview and I do believe you make for a suitable candidate for the council. However, there are a couple of things I would like to address before moving my verdict towards full support, these are mainly;

You talk about setting up a lot of roleplay scenarios for the members on-site, what specific plans would you have in mind? I do acknowledge that you are an experienced (senior) gamemaster, but I would like to see how you would approach creating roleplay from the perspective of an overseer. Speaking from personal experience as a former site director, setting up an event as a gamemaster and trying to set up a roleplay scenario as a member of the council could be considered two different things.

Another point is that you do not specify a lot about how you would direct and lead the overseer assistants and Alpha-1. These two groups are directly dependent on your input as an overseer and their playability on the server is (of course with the other council members ) up to you to direct. This is also another factor to keep into account when creating the roleplay scenarios you mentioned, are you planning on including the assistants and Alpha-1 in your roleplay, and if so, how do you utilise them within these roleplay scenarios?

I also do genuinely wonder how you would go about your daily duties as an overseer. You specify the duties of the council pretty well, but I do hope that you would act as a proxy over site administration and would try to involve them in as many roleplay scenarios as you possibly can. The site has, in my opinion, suffered a lot of blows to the chain of command. At the moment of writing, I do think that a lot of players step over site administration and move straight up to site command. Do you agree with this statement and if you also do see it this way, how would you try to reenforce the global chain of command within the daily operations on-site?

I do know, this is quite the response and I do apologise, but I really would love to see how you would go about utilising the overseer job on-site, both within your daily duties as well as in the executive roleplay creation way.

I wish you the best with this application and I wish you the best of day.
Hello Gregory and thanks for your feedback!

Some might know that I had just started a storyline togheter with athena wich involves alot of RSD. Seeming as athena has left I will be picking this up further with the 2 DoR's.

I want to create more storylines in general and within those I would like to introduce departments and on site staff. For example assistants and MTF units. Looking at the storylines, I have done some event chains as SGM but not really as a player. Therefor I will be actively seeking help from either of the O5 to assist me, guide me and basically mentor me in becoming more skilled in this.

Furthermore the day to day duties will be to assist SA and guide them when this is necessary. As stated players tend to go to SC for things that SA can clear up and this is a project that Broda is currently working on already.
I would basically enforce this by sending players towards SA in said scenario's.

I hope this clears some things up!
Thanks for reading my response

(P.s. there might be some grammar mistakes due to me currently being in the nightshift so a sorry upfront)

Valkyrie

Dec 31, 2021
+ Support
Dutch is an experienced player on the server who has flourished in multiple senior CL4 positions (especially within SA) and is one of the best candidates on the server for this position.

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████ .

Hello, @Don 'Dutch' Daniels Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation.

After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.