MTF Nu-7 CPL [DB] / [HH] (Held)
MTF Omega-1 SGT (Holding)
Intelligence Agent (Holding)
General Security Captain (Holding)
Chief of Security (Holding)
UNGOC SGT (Holding)
Licenses: RRT, Heavy Weapons, Medical, Drivers

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One metagaming from a time when I was new to the server - Used 'above head' info to identify someone while I was unaware it shouldn't be used.

What O5 role are you applying for, and why (give the specific O5 number):
I chose to apply for a position amongst the O5 Council for a small number of reasons, I specifically chose -6 after reading some lore entries on the SCP wiki, particularly -6 The Experimentor who conducted a lot of R&D work around the science of memory retention. Which I thought was fitting given my character's lore.

I chose to apply because I believe that progressing on to a CL5 position is a natural progression for me given the roles that I currently hold. If I were to join Site Administration I would be sacrificing my position in Omega-1 as they are both regminents. Meaning that I would be giving up a piece of my gameplay that I thoroughly enjoy in order to exchange one senior CL4 position for another.

By joining the O5 Council I would be able to combine my positions of Chief of Security and O-1 in the sense that I can apply myself administratively to Site-65 while still engaging in ISD business through A-1 interactions.

What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?:
One of the qualities that befits me for the O5 Council is the variety of my experience pool.

During my time as Chief of Security I have played a pivotal role in the reformation of the General Security Department (henceforth GSD). I have worked dilligently to deliver on a significant mandate that detailed the remastering of the GSD's subdivisions, which began as a research investigation and proposal into the shortcomings of the then subdivisions. It was found that the previous subdivisions invented duties for themselves that were already being performed elsewhere on site by other departments/MTFs and that the previous subdivisions were attempting to innovate duties for themselves that are not required of RRT. The previous subdivisions were therefore liquidated and replaced with the currently standing Academy of Security and Hecatomb-13.

The purpose of the AS is to make information as available as possible to all GSD staff in the form of trainings, manuals, lecture hall presentations and corkboard posts. This is a critical duty as the GSD is home to a large population of new players which require a high quality of induction material that is not too lengthy, which will enable them to pickup and engage with the main gameplay loop as quickly and easily as possible.
The purpose of H-13 is to provide RRT with a reliable command structure. I felt this was necessary as the RRT presence around the site had slowly fizzled out after its peak when the RRT job slots were increased. By installing a command structure at the head of RRT personnel, the site-wide duties of RRT are being performed more consistently and to a higher standard, increasing the GSDs RP footprint within the site in a lore-friendly manner. My ability to identify shortfalls in department practices and build a management solution in response to them is a transferable skill across all departments and MTFs, which makes me a good candidate for the O5 Council.

Additionally during my time as Chief I have produced a large amount of high quality documentation for the GSD that is geared towards improving its practices and I can extend this productivity to other departments on site.
(See: Captain's Handbook, RRT Handbook, RRT Training, HWL Training, H-13 Training, H-13 Pocket Guide)

During my time in Omega-1 I have had the fantastic opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced and profesionally developed individuals on the site. ISD are expected to maintain a high standard of RP when engaging with outsiders and not abuse their diplomatic status while also being competent PvP players, these are qualities which I personally hold dear and not only maintain myself but encourage in others. If RP standards are allowed to slip at the highest level just because there is no RP counterpart to keep us in check then it sets a precedent of poor standards to other people who see it. Understanding the specifics of how to properly RP ISD situations such as infoleaks, kidnappings, interrogations and hostage negotiations is something that can only be performed to a high standard as the result of experience and time spent in dedication to the role. This is the ISD specific experience that I intend to employ should I be given a seat on the O5 Council.

I also believe I would be one of the first members of the O5 Council to have spent a significant amount of time researching the UNGOC and playing them in both RP and PvP. This would give me the unique opportunity to advise the Council on how the GOC operates in RP and how it might respond to diplomatic scenarios that occur. For example - the fact that the GOC is neither antagonist nor protagonist of the Foundation and that their relationship is much more complicated. The two factions rely heavily on each other to resolve certain problems such as the need to research methods of terminating some of the seemingly unterminable SCPs while simultaneously battling against each other in shadow-skirmishes to secure their interests. The GOC is the most formidable occult military machine that humanity has ever produced and the Foundation's own military pales in comparison to it however the Foundation's understanding of the anomalous is beyond the GOCs comprehension. With this in mind, both factions are aware that they must ultimately depend on one another should certain anomalies cause an extinction level event and therefore do not want to see one another destroyed.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council in RP?:
Due to Site-65s establishment as a research facility the Overseer Council is responsbile for inspiring, authorising and monitoring non-routine research RP. Such as cross-testing, the testing of highly dangerous SCPs and implementing research investigations into GM events. I am personally unware if these circumstances have been previously underutilised by O5 members or if they do not make their hand in research affairs public. With this said however I do believe I am a candidate who would use a CL5 position to create RP: when I joined the GSD I personally held the sentiment that it has an under-explored RP element and made an effort to write GSD specific RP documentation (Amnestics Shortage, Amnestics Overdoses) and encouraged other GSD staff to do the same so that the department would have a bigger RP footprint. Now, if I were to write documents for CL5 RP they would rarely be seen by most of the other players however it can create talking points amongst CL5 members, which creates RP.

The O5 Council is also responsible for ensuring that the Departments on site are operating within the jurisdiction of the Code of Conduct. This is done to ensure that the Department Heads do not deviate away from the design intent of their departments by promoting departmental practices that are not intended for them. They are also responsible for coordinating Site-65 in the event of a significant crisis, such as implementing a Code Black or even using the Alpha Warhead to reset RP if ERT has failed to reestablish control and the RP loop is impeded beyond recovery.

The Council has also recently gained the additional responsibility of coordinating diplomacy between the Foundation and the GOC, such as the possibility of implementing a GOC embassy on-site. Which would bring players from both factions together and create a variety of unpredictable RP interactions and enrich the RP environment of Site-65.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
Out of character a member of the O5 Council has the responsibility to maintain a standard of professionalism and politeness when they engage with the community, be it through in-game chat or Civilgamers platforms such as discord and the forums. If they fail to do so then it discredits the reputation of themselves and their peers.

They are also responsible for the assessment of new applications to positions of departmental leadership and ensuring that the most ideal candidates are selected. This means the individual Council member must have a keen interest and reasonable level of knowledge of all departments on site so that they can make an informed decision when critiquing the applications made by candidates of departmental leadership. With this in mind, a member of the O5 council must be ready to provide mentorship and management solutions to struggling departments to ensure that their practices develop and maintain a good standard of productivity.

Please give some lore about your O5 character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Jeffrey 'Eidolon' Shekelstein awoke in the intensive medical care unit of Site-65 after being transferred by emergency helicopter from Site-[REDACTED]. The site had suffered a cataclysmic containment breach, resulting in the death's of nearly a hundred personnel, or so he was told. On awaking he was confronted by a room filled to capacity with people in argument. The most heated argument occuring between a huddle of men, some in jet black two piece suits, others in cream coloured three pieces.

"How could you let something like this happen!" shouted a man in a three-piece. "We nearly lost the whole site! This all occured right under your nose and you were idle."

A man in a black suit offered only a wry smirk of amusement. "Oh yes, Ethics Member, if only we had some kind of Committee in place to stop these things from happening."

The man in the three piece nearly throthed at the mouth. "You dare suggest this is OUR failing?"

"SILENCE! ALL OF YOU!"

Another man in a cream three-piece arrived with multiple MTF operatives surrounding him. He grips a thick cigar between his teeth and carries a brief case with him, chained to his wrist.

"I have lost more staff to this than any man present here, I shall be the judge of this man's fate.. by all medical accounts he is dead, not dead, but.. dead. No memory of.. past events.. exists within him. Therefore. It is my verdict that we allow this man to be born again. Let the Foundation make use of him, but if he shows any signs of recourse - we wash our hands of him."

Shekelstein drifts back to sleep.
The man in black had been monitoring Shekelstein's progress throughout his new career in the Foundation for a significant number of years now. He sat in a dark room, seated at the head of a semi circle of thirteen chairs, observing Shekelstein on a wide screen monitor. He had been watching him silently through security cameras, anonymously downloading his written works and monitoring his emails. There wasn't a trace of evidence to suggest he knew anything of his past. He watched when he was promoted to Security Captain, watched when he enlisted in The Hammers and even interviewed him personnally when he applied for the position of Chief of Security.

The man in black had looked him right in the eyes then, or one of them at least, and saw nothing of the man who used to live behind them. Shekelstein's right eye was completely blown out, along with the right side of his skull. The medical department saw fit to give him a cybernetic implant to replace his lost eye. It stared back at the man in black, dark red and unblinking. How fitting to give a man an implant so unsettling when you try to convince the world he is not evil. Could they have at least made it a different colour?

The Ethics Committee grew worried then, that Shekelstein had some real authority again. Their response was unexpected - they bagged him and recruited him into the Laws Left Hand. So much easier to keep an eye on him if he is within their own flock. A smart move on their part. And then the most amusing development of all. He became one of the most qualified individuals available to fill an empty seat on the Council.

The man in black slid a small wooden box out from underneath the table, placed it on top of the desk and opened it. A conventional, wired, black telephone sat inside it had only one button on its dialface. A. He lifted the receiver to his ear and held the button down. A short moment passed before A picked up.

MiB: "Good Evening sir, requesting permission to brief the Council on The Featherman."

A: "On what grounds?"

MiB: "His successor has become a suitable candidate, I wish to gather the thirteen and hold a vote. They deserve to be fully briefed."

A: "He is in danger of being the only Council member to have been recruited twice."

MiB: "Indeed."

A pauses in contemplation.

A: "Granted. You will also inform Ethics, if they find out about this promotion themselves we risk a misunderstanding that may result in further bloodshed over the matter."

MiB: "As you wish sir."

A hangs up the line.

Last edited:

INSANE

Jul 30, 2022
-Support
-Don’t get me wrong you are a great guy but I feel right now you need for more experience in administration side possibly through OSA or SA, alongside this I feel you haven’t really been Dpt Chief for that long anyways and Gensec is still in a state where it needs you I feel

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
-support

Insufficent administrative experience.
-Support
-Don’t get me wrong you are a great guy but I feel right now you need for more experience in administration side possibly through OSA or SA, alongside this I feel you haven’t really been Dpt Chief for that long anyways and Gensec is still in a state where it needs you I feel

Thank you for your responses gentlemen.
I post the following without context or comment:

iHpnbjs.png

John Iceland

Donator
Thank you for your responses gentlemen.
I post the following without context or comment:

iHpnbjs.png
Different when one person is an A-1 Commander as they are well versed in working with, alongside O5 but also an idea of what they do. Currently you are holding a position mostly sought after by people going for ECM roles, not O5, Which I think is the difference.

Freddiec06

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 13, 2022
Hello @J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein, I will be leaving a - Support for the following reasons,

- Whilst you have had experience in a CL4 Position I do not believe your administrative duties and limited contact with O5 Leave you in a good position to be joining the council at this moment in time.
- I have seen you do good work within Gensec as the chief but I also feel you need more experience within an Administrative role such as Overseer assistant or Site Advisor before jumping from CoS To O5.
- Activity is good however currently I do not think you hold the activity levels that are expected of a council member.

At this current time I do not think you are ready to move to O5 nor do I feel you hold the experience that is expected of and worthy of a member within the council.
Also please do not let this act as a reflection on your CoS work as your work within Gensec has been excellent and continues to improve!

I would suggest gaining experience within SA Or a role as Overseer assistant before applying and moving on.

All the best!

Last edited:

Jimothy Leaderson

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Dec 11, 2021
+Support

I've had like one interaction with you when I've been on SCP you seem alright. Application is good and so is lore. Weird people are getting annoyed when you display their hypocrisy although not too sure on your method of showing it. Best of luck!

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
Different when one person is an A-1 Commander as they are well versed in working with, alongside O5 but also an idea of what they do. Currently you are holding a position mostly sought after by people going for ECM roles, not O5, Which I think is the difference.

Hi Pup,

Thank you for your response. I would firstly like to state the fact that a Chief of Security and MTF Commanders are equivalent roles in the chain of command. The Chief of Security is the head of a department that sees arguably the most player traffic out of any other department on site, with MTF Nu-7 being a close second - with this said my ability to not only administrate, but reform this department without any negative repercussions demonstrates capable administration.

I would also invite you to recognise that my position of Chief is my most senior role, not my position in MTF Omega-1. Which makes progression within the departmental career path of the site more applicable to me than progression in the ethics career path.

Hello @J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein, I will be leaving a - Support for the following reasons,

- Whilst you have had experience in a CL4 Position I do not believe your administrative duties and limited contact with O5 Leave you in a good position to be joining the council at this moment in time.
- I have seen you do good work within Gensec as the chief but I also feel you need more experience within an Administrative role such as Overseer assistant or Site Advisor before jumping from CoS To O5.
- Activity is good however currently I do not think you hold the activity levels that are expected of a council member.

At this current time I do not think you are ready to move to O5 nor do I feel you hold the experience that is expected of and worthy of a member within the council.
Also please do not let this act as a reflection on your CoS work as your work within Gensec has been excellent and continues to improve!

I would suggest gaining experience within SA Or a role as Overseer assistant before applying and moving on.

All the best!

Hi Freddie,

May I politely draw your attention to the entry requirements of the O5 Council:
"What are the requirements to apply?
Chief Overseer - Past experience as Overseer, open O5-1 slot
Overseer - Past experience in a Level 4 or 5 job OR as MTF LT+, open O5 slot"

At no point does it state, or even insinuate, that time spent in Site Administration is a hard requirement for O5 applicants.

Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited:

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
This is litterally the most hilarious thing i have seen in a while.

Even when I have a captain whitelist (inactive) i basically have never spoken to you. Thats purely my fault. You seem like a nice guy and someone too be trusted. You have as much support as I am willing to give you right now.

On a different note, there is a funny thing that nearly all O5 members have, that being respect and known around the community. For example, the current O5-1 is a very well known member of the community and has been playing on CN for a long time.
This is similar to nearly all O5 and Ethics members (outside @Luft hes kinda weird).
I think the issue is that you have barely interacted with ISD and SC to be widely respected around the community. There is a certain group that respects you and you are very respectable when someone gets to know you. Only really detailed and memorable interaction I have had with you was… well never to be honest.

One small issue though(look at image)
You said you had no warnings. Either you are lying, or you simply forgot.

Thank you for the kind words, may I make the case however that as a Department Lead I have regular interactions with the O5 Council, who were particularly interested in my efforts during the reformation period of the GSD. Recently I have completed meetings with the Site Administration, the Ethics Committee and a previous member of the O5 Council who was overseeing my department. My department is due for a seniors meeting in which the new O5 Council member overseeing us will be invited.

Thank you for letting me know about the warn - I have amended the warns section on my application.

Last edited:

Slash

Dec 18, 2021
Hi Eidolon,

I will be leaving a -Support on this application due to the following reasons

1. While you have commented upon the previous mentions of the lack of administrative experience, I still believe that regardless of your replies, you should instead be looking to take on a Jr. Position in regards to SC, for example, an Assistant role or a position within Site Administration, as these are essential for both learning what exactly Site Command do and don't need to do, therefore reducing the chances of stepping on others toes (particularly in regards to doing duties that others should be doing) once you reach a CL5 position. On top of this, it also gives you a chance to become very well acquainted with all members of SA and SC.

2. The replies you have put in this application have led me to believe that you are a bit unhappy with receiving criticism, and a position such as an Overseer or SA requires you to be able to deal with these things in a concise way as many people will criticise you and you must defend your opinions in an appropriate way befitting that of a leader, and some of the responses here seem a bit immature, particularly in which you just said "I post the following without context or comment".

3. You would be leaving the CoS position while there are currently no other promising candidates, and at the moment, I still believe GENSEC is in dire need of continued leadership.

As Hangman also stated, please do not take this as a comment upon your work as a CoS nor my opinion on you as a person, I just believe now is not the right time for this.

Best of luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.