Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:78123616
Discord name: Otters#0070
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 2-3+ months, over a month of playtime1678462057453.png
In what country are you located?: Netherlands
Time zone: CET (+01:00)
Character name(s): 'Otters'
Civilian name: ''Otters''
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- MTF:

MTF Omega-1 CPL [Held]
MTF Omega-1 PVT [Holding]

MTF Alpha-1 PVT [Held]
MTF Epsilon-11 PVT [Held 2x]
MTF Epsilon-11 SPC [Held]

Misc:
Ethics Committee Member [Held]
Ethics Committee Assistant [Held]
Ethics Committee Assistant [Holding]

Security Captain [Held]
CI-Gamma [Held]
SCP-096 [Holding]
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- Yes. I have received 2 warns, one was for FearRP in August 2022 and one is a more recent one for RDM. I have learned alot from these warns and I wont make the same mistake twice.
What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
- I am currently applying for the position of Ethics Committee Member, because I personally feel I am a great candidate for this position. I want to create fun roleplay scenarios for the community and overall just make a positive impact on the server. I personally think I can easly communicate with other people and I enjoy doing so, so I feel like I can be a good public figure.
What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
Experience

Personally, one of the biggest advantages I have is my past experience as an ECM. I am fully aware of the responsibilities of an ECM and what they are supposed to do. Not only that, I have alot of experience as both O-1 and an ECA, being in Omega-1 for well over a month, getting up to the position of CPL, eventually getting alot of experience as an ECA and then finally getting experience as an ECM. I've been working alongside ECM's for a good while, so I have gained alot of valuable experience with that.
Activity and Professionalism

As of now and the forseeable future, I have alot of time again to invest into the server. Despite me having an IRL job, I can still easly invest 6-7 hours a day into the server, ensuring that I am an active ECM. When I am on the server, I like to be active on site aswell and I rarely stay afk unless I actually have to do something irl.

When I am on site, I ensure that I behave in a professional matter. I know when there is time to goof around a bit, however I also know when to behave properly. When I talk to people, I do so in a proper way, staying respectfull and to not sound intimidating.
Knowledge

When it comes to my knowledge regarding both the Legal Codex and the tasks of an ECM, I personally would say I still know it all. I am aware of what an ECM can and can't do, what they know in RP and what they do outside of RP. When it comes to the Legal Codex, I have good knowledge about what it is, what the offenses are and when it eventually comes down to changes, I could easly think with the other ECM's and help find solutions.
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
- In Roleplay, together with the Overseer Council, the Ethics Committee forms Site Command. Site Command controlls the site, ensures that everything is running smoothly and helps with issuess. They can also approve of tests regarding 914, 008 and such. If there is no Site Administration on site, SC can take charge during a SCP breach, authorizing Advanced Armory when needed. In RP, they also walk around and handle any Legal Codex violations they may see and hand those individuals over to Internal Affairs.
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
- Outside of RP, The Ethics Committee handles the applications for Ethics Committee Assistant and Director of Internal Affairs. They also announce any potential changes to the Legal Codex, ensuring that everyone is up to date with any changes that may occur. They also oversee MTF Omega-1, appointing their LTCOM/COM's, ensuring they are operational and in good standards.
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Millhaven Institution
Bath, Canada
11:50 AM
Otters: So, Father, is it normal to feel scared?

Father Oliver: Yes my son, but fear is not needed, our lord and savior is always watching.

Otters: Alright, Well I guess this is it, my time is almost here, I never imagined being on death row...

Father Oliver: I wish you the best of luck, may god be by your side.

Otters: Thank you, I will spend my last hour alone.

*The sound of the prison cell opening can be heard, followed by footsteps of the priest leaving*

Otters: Sigh, I guess there is no escape.

*The sound of water dripping on the hard concrete floor suddenly gets interrupted by something being thrown into the prison cell*

Otters: Huh? What is-

*The Object suddenly opened, smoke comes out and fills the cell, the last thing you remember is the hard concrete floor*

???: Bring him in here.

*The sound of a chair could be heard, you suddenly feel yourself being forced to sit*

???: Take the bag off his head.

*You feel the bag being lifted, your eyes get blinded by the lights of the room, you slowly open them*

???: Welcome.

Otters: H-Huh? Where am I? Who are you?

???: Apologies for the sudden entrance, but my name will stay disclosed for now.

Otters: What am I doing here?

???: Well, we had a good look through your file, impressive military record you have.

Otters: I dont see how that has anything to do with me being here.

???: You see, we work for an organization, we need your skills.

Otters: What type of organization?

???: Ever heard of an "SCP"?

Otters: Not really, what is that?

???: SCP's are dangerous creatures who we contain, study and keep them away from humanity, some are so dangerous that they could kill thousands if broken out of containment.

Otters: So, you want me to help fight them?

???: Wrong. You see, you have some quite remarkable skills which would be a waste to not use.

Otters: Which are?

???: We will explain that later, for now, lets introduce you to your new job, Ethics Member Otters.

Reactions: MazuzaM

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
-support, literally just came back, jumped from e11 to a1 to o1 within like a week and now to ECM ? pretty sure theres no open spots aswell

Reactions: Otters

Tarz

Nov 12, 2022
+- SUPPORT
+ Mature
+ Has CL5 experience
- You just came back to the server and have went from E11 to A1 then to O1, I think you need time to play the server and get a good feel of how the server is and become well known again.

• Love

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023

-Support

- I think you're a really good canidate for ECM, however you've just came back and you've reghopped 3 times within like 2 weeks. You're fit for ECM you just need more playtime.

Acey

Dec 26, 2022
Croatia, Republic of
+SUPPORT

- Activity
- Past experience
- Amazingly written app with great formatting
- Pretty fun and friendly interactions
- Well-known sitewide

I sincerely believe you're a good fit for ECM ( Especially out of the current ECA roster, with no offense to anyone else there ). Besides your old experience as an ECM, you're generally a good personality to be around and hang out with ( Which is often critical if you are to engage in strict high-end RP ). Not to mention that you're currently also a part of O-1 and had previously also been which would provide you with great insight into leading these men.

However, as the chaps before me have pointed out - You did make a recent return ( Although with the reasoning you've provided it makes sense ) but it is no excuse for the regiment hopping you've also done. From E11 where you were given a friendly welcome back to A1 to O1 ( with the same enthusiasm ). I'm sorry but this is a bit of a slap in the face for the MTFs you were a part of and its leaders. Also although it's a bit of a nitpick but the lore could also be touched up on.

All that said, I still believe you're the right fight for the ECM position and I'm pretty certain should you get it that you'll make sure to reward the server with great RP and fun times and I hope your regiment hopping will serve as a reminder to not even think about doing something like that again. Still, I belive in you and hope you prove me right for believing.

Best of luck!

• Love

Zwacky

Administrator
Administrator
DarkRP Staff
Event Team
Dec 25, 2020
Cyprus
-Support

Honestly i don't know who you are and i just started seeing you. I can understand that you were a well-known member of this community but that was in the past. Now there are new people, personalities and characters. Give yourself some time before applying for a position like ECM.

Also, regiment hopping 3 times and then applying for ECM because you had experience as an ECM in the span of 2 weeks doesn't give you the best first impression.

Give yourself and the community some time before applying for a position like ECM.

'Kaz'

Jul 30, 2022
-Neutral

+CL4/5 Experience
+Ex Ethics Member
+No bad interactions
-You've only very recently returned and I don't believe positions such as Site Command should be handed out on experience alone especially when you've only recently came back to the server

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-Support

Just came back and reg hopped 3 times in a small time frame

I def dont want somebody who comes back after a long time to lead the whole site. Give it a few weeks

Mirage

Donator
Jun 15, 2022
UK
+Support
Despite Otters recent return to the server I still believe he would be a good ECM like he was in the past.

good luck

RedBubble55

Jun 21, 2022
West Midlands, UK
+/- Neutral

Otters you're an amazing guy, and your RP is on point. But being away for so long and going straight into a CL5 that has drastically changed form when you were in this role previously. I think you should get into a Jr or a Sr level 4 and really get involved in these new SA/SC changes then at that point re-apply.

You've got the skill and knowledge for what SC was before, not for what it has become now. I think your skills and attitude are better suited for a Site Admin position.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
-support i like you as a person otters but you have been reg hopping a fuck ton getting private tryouts using your previous status as a CL5 t get into positions you want etc such as joining e-11 then immediatly leaving joining A1 then leaving etc i would wish to see you in site adminstration before i can +support this

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
+Support.
While he just came back, Otters has been a great ECA for the short ammount of time, and has past expirence.

However I do reccomend you go for Site admin first, but just a personal opinion, I do think you are ready for ECM In my eyes due to the fact of your expirence, mature, and a leader, and overall friendly.

'Cano'

Jan 1, 2023
England

+/- Neutral

+ Good Application

+ Experience

- Reg hopping

- Just came back, need some time to play before you shoukd apply.

xelius

Jan 3, 2023
cell 4
-support i like you as a person otters but you have been reg hopping a fuck ton getting private tryouts using your previous status as a CL5 t get into positions you want etc such as joining e-11 then immediatly leaving joining A1 then leaving etc i would wish to see you in site adminstration before i can +support this
private tryouts... ah yes, forgot A1 and O1 do public ones.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Freddiec06 and Acey
Status
Not open for further replies.