For how long have you played on CG SCP: Year and a bit
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: BST
Character name(s): Daniel Christopher Pennington
Civilian name: Jacob Heartless Pennington
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: O5-1, SD, SA, DoR, Executive Researcher, GSD Captain
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
2851e7a8eaf4421679bba8234d41ec17.png
Why are you applying for Director of Research?:
I am applying for the position of director of research as I believe I can provide experience, commitment, passion, and activity to the department.
As stated in my previous executive researcher application this department is one of the cornerstones of roleplay. It should be treated with great care and dedication to remain unchained. I believe with the recent projects being introduced into the department and the greater attention to detail others are now providing to this department that things can be significantly improved for roleplay and server health.
What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
To begin with, I believe I am one of the more experienced individuals on site who could hold this role currently. My fire whitelist and a real taste of roleplay on this server was my executive researcher whitelist; which I was given by O5-2 at the time over a year ago. Since then I rose through the ranks to become director of this department; according to the roster, I was the 7th DoR. This combined with the fact I have had experience in Site Administration; as an Advisor and Director, and have had an overwhelming volume of experience in administrative role play through my time as an Overseer leads me to believe I am experienced enough to understand the actions that need to be taken within the department to help it grow and encourage new players to join it.
Over my time on this server, I believe I have demonstrated my commitment to my roles and positions. Having held the title of O5-1 for just over eight months if I recall correctly. I believe this is a key trait I bring to any position I take, it allows me to remain dedicated to my roles and duties and enables me to contribute significantly to the role play on site.
Another element I would like to address is my passion, I have always been passionate about role play in GMOD overall; as it is a personal enjoyment. I am dedicated and committed to ensuring this passion is shared with other members of the community and enabling them to hopefully develop their own research passions of their own. Having had a background in research for a significant period of time; both on the server and IRL.
Furthermore, since my return to the department as an executive I believe I have demonstrated a sufficient level of activity that is required for the role, it is something I want to continue to demonstrate, and hopefully encourage others to do the same.
Communication skills, while there have been times in my past when these skills were not up to standard I believe I have improved myself significantly and that I am able to effectively convey information to other individuals in a concise and understanding manner. Half the battle of the research department is educating people and being there to provide information is a key element I want to contribute to.
Friendly and approachable. I have always believed I am a generally friendly and approachable person, this is something; I personally believe is key in the research department. A vast majority of the roleplay in research involves talking to others and ensuring they have a friendly and approachable person to go towards will encourage others to be the same.
All things considered, I believe these reasons demonstrate why I should become the next director of research. It is a position I have been passionate, committed, and active about for a significant length of time and one which I wish to contribute for the benefit of other individuals.
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
Leadership - The director of research should be a beacon to other researchers in the department and should provide an active and stable platform for other research staff to bounce off.
Authorisation - Currently with the way research policy is structured certain testing requires authorization from senior members of the department. With my activity, I hope to enable individuals to perform these tests with my authorization.
Executives - The directors of research are responsible for the management of their executive teams, including their activity and overall performance.
Communication - The director of research should be responsible for communication within the department and externally with other departments such as E-11, DEA, SA, etc.
Document Management - The directors of research should also be responsible for the management of various documents within their department both internally and externally. For example, the roster would be the most prominent one that comes to mind. Currently, in this department, there are some redundant documents or documents that contain redundant information that will need updating/adjustment.
Enforcement - The director of research should be enforcing research policy on their staff on site; although as discussed in previous meetings with SC some rules are made to be broken.
Lectures - For some reason, everyone hates doing these. Yet they can be an effective way to deliver information to individuals and reward them for attending.
Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
I believe the link provided would give a good overview of the documents I’ve produced.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Th2-lXicEBBcHXEjvtJ6zF4jwHiCj7EQ?usp=sharing
Also for more character-centric lore see below:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12as54Tos9Ax1c07YIhAMBziMKMbHn_T9?usp=sharing

• Love
Reactions: 'Athena'

Kayla

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
+ BIG BIG SUPPORT
One of the best researchers there is! Super fun to RP with and incredibly knowledgable.
It would be silly not to take this opportunity to add him to the team!

Kree

May 17, 2023
+Support
+Can create some great RP
+Very active on researcher

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022