Roughly 2,700 hours
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: BST
Character name(s): Daniel ‘Christopher’ Pennington - Current research character
Civilian name: Jacob Heartless Pennington
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: O5, SD, DoR, Executive Researcher, Captain
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-
2851e7a8eaf4421679bba8234d41ec17.png
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?:
I am applying for the position of Executive Researcher in order to return to my roots. I have always believed the core aspect of any SCP-RP server must be the research department and that all other elements of the gameplay loop are secondary or serve to benefit the said department.
From my perspective, this department allows for the greatest breadth of creativity and creation to take place. Additionally, it also allows for more learning opportunities than any other department; being able to learn from and also teach others.
To conclude, I would like the role of executive researcher in order to assist others; by teaching and learning from them, to expand my own experience of the server, and to ensure the department remains active and engaging for other individuals.
-
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
Experience. Throughout my time on this server, I have gathered an exceptional wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to functionality, gameplay and overall roleplay creation. This is something that began in the research department; back when O5-2 ‘Ryan D Biggs’ gave me the executive role. From there I advanced to the Director of Research which gave me an invaluable understanding of how to appropriately manage other individuals as well as overall projects. This allowed for a great wealth of roleplay to flow from this department; most notable would have been the management of the various sub-sectors of research such as Sigma-One which were responsible for responding to surface operations. This gave executives much more managerial power and allowed them to develop their skills in management and overall creativity.
On that note, creativity, I have always viewed myself as a creative individual who has attempted to develop new situations for myself and others to experience and enjoy. This is something I feel I would be better able to do in the position of the executive; being able to authorize more creative experiments for others etc.
Documentation skills, throughout my time in this community I have created a vast array of documentation from spreadsheets to general Google document work; most notable would be automated letter systems using Google Forms to fill out formats and furthermore the understanding I develop of spreadsheet formulas in order to monitor individuals activity. I believe my skills in this area/aspect of research could prove of benefit to others; who I would be more than willing to teach.
Communication, I always believed one of the key skills that any individual should work on is their communication skills; I am no exception. I believe over my time in this community I have proven to improve my communication skills to deliver information.
Dedication and activity, once again I believe these two elements can be folded into one. I have already proven to this community that I am capable of committing to a role and pouring an immense amount of dedication towards a position for the benefit of not just myself but of others. This is something I believe would benefit the research department.
Patience, I also believe myself to be a patient individual; a skill that I developed and utilized well when I was a GENSEC Captain. I believe this gives me the unique skill of being able to listen and wait patiently with individuals to attempt to understand and learn from them.
Overall, from my time in this community I believe I have developed a significant amount of experience and a wealth of skills that the research department could benefit from should I be granted this position.
-
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?:
I have written several excellent-graded documents of my time in research. Back when I first became an executive; which was over a year ago and unfortunately I have cleared my clipboard since then, I produced a series of documents. Some of these are still uploaded on SCiPNet today. More recently however I can provide links to some documents; these documents were originally written as part of a project series I was conducting, and in-game copies have been reviewed and rated.
One of my older studies -
SCP-035 Research Study – “A tragedy or a comedy?”
Newer studies -
Research Report #0022
Research Report #0021
6nQyfjixLmF0hR7nXxn8t5IiN4B6yWu0p1-uqwEc-NSRubqR2kSkzP2K81PvQ7BJlvEruoZD-vnHLTsh0iML7ZQfaLlOvaDd9PewTRRtp8OC8T9kDt29Ik48IiXH78fOHCeedGSdzbl11W3QRSBKJT0
Each of these has an in-game copy on my clipboard; aside from the Project Coalescence documents and their Reports, all Incident and Research reports do have a copy.
Additionally, this documentation has not yet been completed but is still in progress -
Research Report #0024
In terms of what makes a document “excellent” for the research department I would like to attach my lecture slides;
[UK] Documentation Lecture
I have conducted this lecture a number of times in-game in order to educate others and have done this since I was an executive but for simplicity's sake, I will avoid that for now. Overall, there are several key elements that go into making excellent documentation. First and foremost in my personal opinion would be formatting, without it, our documentation would not look professional.
Content, by this I mean the actual content of the research, is it engaging? Does it make me want to read more? Research papers should be scientific but also able to tell a story or series of events; this allows for creativity to flourish within the writing.
Overall in order to make an “excellent” document you should be able to demonstrate a sufficient understanding of the research you are conducting, have it formatted in an appropriate manner to make it easy to understand, and, ensure you have demonstrated creativity in both writing and in the roleplay conducted around the research
-
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
Teaching others, as an executive, it should be a core responsibility to teach and engage with the lower-ranking members of the research department in order to help others improve.
Conducting tests, an executive is still a member of the research department, as a result, they should be contributing to the Foundation's mission statements.
Lectures are an element often overlooked in research these days. Lectures provide a platform to educate and be educated by others within the Foundation. Be this a general introduction to a research lecture or one focused more specifically toward an SCP.
Enforcing policy, it happens, that people don’t listen and will inevitably break departmental policy and the Foundation Legal Codex. These individuals should be dealt with appropriately when the time comes.
Inspiring others, people look to executives as part of the leadership of the research department. As an executive, you should be able to inspire and assist others in their research goals both when asked and passively.
-
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Project Coalescence
Research Report #0023
As listed previously the documents contained within that Google Drive served as an overall project for the creation of this new character; elements of which I am still working on creating in-game.

Reactions: Shida Kayn

RedBubble55

Jun 21, 2022
West Midlands, UK
+Support

- Active

- Extensive Experience in Research
- Knowledgeable
- Always good interactions

James is a solid and reliable guy, don't see why he shouldn't be exec again.

Reactions: Nukegoboom

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
+support
Has been doing very good research RP over the last few weeks
Previous experience

Nonky

Donator
Jun 15, 2023
+Support
-more than experienced
-great interactions and exceptional roleplay
-Pennington

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
+Huge Support

-Has all the experience in the world
-My most notable interactions with people come from him, His talent in RP is off the charts.
-Amazing interactions and Friend
-ex Exec Researcher, ex SD, ex O5, The list goes on.

Best of wishes!

Shida Kayn

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Aug 21, 2022
+Support

- Very professional.

- Can RP very well
- A very good person

Good luck my friend.

Holding:
MTF A1 CPT Meliodas Wrath

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
+ Support

Pennington has demonstrated amazing RP within a variety of positions he has held within the server, already having an entire storyline as a Senior Researcher in which involved CL3-CL5 Personnel. Has clearly presented himself as active and professional within the research department. Great application and great lore on hand to go with all of the above.

Good Luck,
Falcon

Lord Mirai (未来)

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Programming Team
Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of Research Leadership.

Hello, @Nukegoboom

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request.

This request has been put on hold. The reasons for this action will be brought up, should you decide to inquire further.
We will review this request as soon as the respective action has been taken.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.