Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
MTF E-11 COM [Former]
Ethics Committee Assistant [Former]
UNGOC 1SGT [Former]
Ethics Committee Member [Present]
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: None

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am applying for the role of Ethics Committee Chairman. I am applying for this role for the same reasons i applied for Ethics Committee Member, i was to increase my standing within the server and community to a higher point which can enable to me to create more roleplay and carry out plans and projects and implement systems to enhance the standard of play on the server.

I was never interested in site command prior to October, but ever since i was ultimately swayed to join the Committee i have been enthralled in site command.

It is the natural progression of the an Ethics Member to go for Chairman and i feel despite that i am generally new to the committee i would still slot in well to this position, which i will further divulge below.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
I believe there are many factors as to why i would be an ideal Chairman.

Leadership
I believe i work best in a leadership position, and though that may sound egotistical, i believe my track record in E-11 and the Ethics Committee can attest to this. I always ensure that no one is doing nothing and i like to both plain and honest, and helpful to those on my team. Ever since i joined even the E-11 CO team i have worked tirelessly to ensure the stability of any team i have worked in, including the committee. I was fast tracked through the ranks of E-11 fairly quickly, achieving LTCOM on precisely my third month in the regiment. From there i worked tirelessly to ensure that standards were kept of E-11. In the four months of my commander tenure, my lowest SA review was 8.3, which was higher than anything my predecessors had achieved in this entire year.

Communication
It is my belief that when in a senior Clearance 4 position or a site command position, communication is key. My fellow ethics members can attest to this. I refuse to do anything without sharing the idea, the progress and result with my peers, this way i can ensure that when the output is complete, it is a unanimous agreement that no one will doubt nor cast shade upon. This can apply to anything from an event, an application, a promotion and even long term projects. I have no hesitation in reaching out and discussing my plans and proposals to other people.

Roleplay Creation/Opportunity
Ever since i became Clearance 4 i have worked tirelessly to introduce roleplay mechanics into the site. One major way i did this was my operations system i introduced to E-11 in August. This system allowed for E-11 officers to create role play based orders and missions that allow E-11 to carry out tasks helpful to the regiment while still involving fun and engaging roleplay scenarios that would have otherwise been absent. For example, why just have the task force create chemicals when you can have them go through the testing process to extract and work alongside researchers, D-Class and security staff for it too? These operations have been tremendously successful in increasing E-11 engagement and interaction with other departments. Since August this operations system has also been introduced to Omega-1 and Nu-7.

Furthermore, ever since i have started my time on the committee, i have worked to increase the veil of the Ethics Committee and make them seem like more of a HR group than site command. And though the fruits of this are not yet accessible i have numerous projects in the works to further develop this.

The Ethics Committee Welfare Scheme
This is to elude people into thinking the Ethics Committee is providing health care and is currently in progress. A large aspect of this involves the medical department a new more engaging way of booking and receiving a Psych Evaluation.
Also apart of this is the Ethics Forum, this is in early planning stages, but in effect would see multiple committee members holding a sort of AGM, prior to this foundation staff up to Clearance 3 can ask questions which will be read and discussed at said forum.
I am working to create vintage VHS style training videos, one for CL 1-3 and another for CL4 which completely explains the differences in knowledge about the committee across clearances, all carried out in character that will be made permanently available when complete.
Finally, another work in progress, is to be the Ethics Report forum, this is planned to be a ticket system where people may report FLC violations to a database where Ambassadors, ECAs and ECMs can access and create work for a tribunal or suited punishment.

Ambition
As seen above, i want to, for now, stray away from events that will only involve a small amount of players and introduce initiatives and systems that will improve the quality of life for foundation staff in character while also offering further roleplay opportunities for players all across the board.

Lore Knowledge & Creation
I am of the opinion that there are two major motivators for players to bother to do something. Those being A, a reward, and B, something new. When mixed together this can be a lethal combo that i believe roleplay leaders should be using. Therefore i would love to work alongside all of site command to create new SCPs objects that are available on site for a brief time, this would enable research to offer rewards on who can create the best documentation and understanding of the anomaly. Or for SOP new short term GOIs that exist to cause terror in Pinewood using unknown means with unknown motives, these groups would have to be infiltrated and investigated for a period of time. Though this can be unorthodox i believe the best way to engage players is to present them with something new, and let them have a go at it.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
The Ethics Committee exists to keep the Overseer council in check, by ensuring their projects, goals and policies align with that of a mostly clean and not tainted moral view. When the O5 are caught acting out of order and refuse to take the advice or heed the warnings of the Ethics Committee, they will be dealt with as the committee deems fit, usually assassination and replacement.

However the Ethics committee also has other responsibilities and is a large administrative body, to clearance 3 they are a HR group and deal with everything that comes with it, such as complaints and cases against foundation staff.

Alongside this the Committee has the power to authorize the mass termination of D-Class, tests involving 3 or more D-Class, Tests involving SCP-008 and any other project or test or idea that involves harm or usage of human life must be approved by the Ethics Committee, such as SCP-914 organic based tests or the use of SCP-427 or SCP-049 to create -2 instances of either SCP.
The Ethics Committee also play a massive role in the management and enforcing of the foundation legal codex. The FLC exists as a set of rules foundation personnel must follow. When found to be in breach of these rules, Clearance 3 and 4 may find themselves being summoned to a tribunal hosted by the Ethics Committee. These tribunals are signed off by Ethics Members and allow the defendant a platform in which they can defend themselves in. The Ethics Committee have the sole authority to amend or clarify FLC violations that fall under Ethical Concerns. The FLC is enforced on the ground by the department of Internal Affairs, a groups that falls under the command and management of the Ethics Committee.

Another Group under the management of the Ethics Committee is their sworn protectors, MTF Omega-1, the committee has a say in the affairs, management, appointment and operations of MTF O-1. They also issue orders to and appoint Ethics Committee Assistants. Assistants are a vessel used by the Committee to extend their eye around the site and its operations.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
The Ethics Committee deliberates and directly appoints:
Directors of Internal Affairs
Ethics Committee Assistants
Ethics Committee Members
MTF Omega-1 Commander

Alongside this the Committee has the responsibility of working alongside the O5 council and Site administration to create rp scenarios, events, storylines and projects for the site to take part in and enjoy.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Ethics Member Séan "RedMann" O'Shea stepped into his office in the late, quiet hours of a standard evening at Site-65.

However he immediately noticed a black laptop on his desk, facing the wall, illuminating the dark room in its green glow. He approached.

He read the text displayed to him.

>>Occular Motion detected, identified retina scan-
That was fast, he thought
>> Good evening Ethics Member O'Shea, I am Cairo.aic, where the harp's strings are pulled?
"Music will end the violence"
>> Identity Check confirmed, good evening Mr O'Shea, I am here to inform you that you are to be visited very shortly.
"By who? And do they know I'm a busy man and they need to book?" He stated, half sarcastically
>> Yes sir they do, they have cleared your schedule for tomorrow, the day after, and every single day after that.
"Have they? Who is this person?"
>> An assistant to the Admi- my apologies sir, my time on this device has expired it will detonate in 3. 2-
"Oh Bollocks!"

O'Shea ducked and narrowly dodged the small eruption that had completely fried the laptop.

"I'll have one hell of a visit tomorrow" he thought.

The next day came, and already something was off. No Omega-1 where answering on comms, and indeed it seems like there was non on site, not the bunks, the offices or even the assistants room.

O'Shea proceeded as usual, he input the code he kept on forgetting and went to his office, no sign of Charles or Caeden either…

As he slid his door open it was slowed by a heavy weight.

???: I wouldn't enter if I were you, Ethics Member. Take the scramble Goggles at the door and equip them please.

O'Shea gathered this was a fairly important individual if he was able to dismiss Omega-1, make Charles and Caeden vanish and have an exploding laptop appear on his desk. So he did as the figure asked of him.

When O'Shea looked up with his scramble gear, he saw a man, dressed in an all black suit, gloves, tie, overcoat, sweet lord that's a lot of black. The figure's head was shrouded in a cognitohazadous based redacting tool, it was blacked out, O'Shea couldn't see any feature on their face.

O'Shea amusingly while taking a seat: What's your favourite colour?

???: Orange. Back on track, do you know who I am?

O'Shea: No, your laptop exploded in my face before I had the slightest chance to hear who you were

???: Technology. I am an assistant of the administrator.

O'Shea: Oh.

Administrator Assistant : Your psychiatric treatment, ever since you where brainwashed and joined the committee, how has it been going?

O'Shea: I feel like, my old self again, but I can't quite shake the feeling… I'm not, I know I'm the same physical person with the same life… but I never experienced the things I can read I did, the promotions I received, the letters and notices, its here and I know it happened, but it's seems so far away.

Administrator Assistant: You yearn for a past you can't relive.

O'Shea: Yes…

Administrator Assistant: And what of Maeve Glass?

O'Shea: What of her? She's gone.

Administrator Assistant: Precisely. She has left a void in her position.

O'Shea: Mhm.

Administrator Assistant: This life you've lost. You can't relive it. But what if you could? And what if you could come out the other side a better man?

O'Shea: What do you mean?

Administrator Assistant leaning back: What I am about to show you, is Clearance 6 knowledge. Understood?

O'Shea gulping: Yes.

The assistant placed a case onto the desk between the two, he opened it. Revealing 8 vials of a glowing yellow substance.

O'Shea leaning in: What have we here…

Administrator Assistant: Every Researcher who worked on the creation of this substance was killed. It is a top secret we cannot let out. Not even the overseers know of it. This is TS-133.

O'Shea softly: What does it do?

Administrator Assistant while taking a very deep breath : Many things. We have experimented and unlocked its true potential. Care to find out?

The assistant loads an injection gun and offers it to O'Shea

O'Shea cautiously leaning back: Not unless I know what it does.

Administrator Assistant: Very Well.

He turns his head to the open space by the door. A white flash is seen and O'Shea blocks the light with his arms. When he looks back, he cannot believe his eyes.

Stood before him was himself and the Administrator Assistant. Copies? Clones? Where did they come from?

The New Administrator Assistant walked forward and stood in front of O'Shea. The new O'Shea froze in shock looked even more baffled than his counterpart.

Replica Assistant: This is the power. But there is nary a point in you two being here. You should continue this five minutes ago.

Original Assistant: Agreed.

O'Shea felt a pierce into his arm, he looked down to see the injection gun spewing the golden liquid into his veins. It glowed from deep within his arms and he could feel it spread. It was heavy and before he knew it he was glowing gold himself.

The Original Assistant threw his hand on O'Shea's shoulder and the two became enveloped in a white glowing mass. The heat was unbearable and sweat poured out of O'Shea.

But before he knew it. He was back. Sitting in his chair opposite the assistant. Though the replicas where gone?

Administrator Assistant: Calm and slow breathes Mr O'Shea. I will explain all. We have travelled back in time, 4 minutes and 38 seconds to be precise. Those individuals where from this moment in time but travelled to ours. TS-133 allows its user to travel to a point in time they exist in.

O'Shea: I… what?

Administrator Assistant: Gather yourself. It will only get more complex. As you have swapped places with yourself on a timeline. You are now the past version of yourself. And the past version of yourself in now the present version of yourself. Now what would you yhink would happen if, for example, you where to get killed here? Being the present version of yourself your life would cease, but because you are in the past and playing the role of your past self, the universe gets confused. Deeply confused. And it seeks to rectify this mistake.

O'Shea: No this doesn't make sense… where are we?

Administrator Assistant: Best portrayed through example.

The Assistant Reached into his coat and pulled out a pistol. He shot the Ethics Member four times in the chest. O'Shea collapsed backwards and fell of his chair. He lay bleeding, confused and worried. But then, he felt a tingling.

He looked down, that gold glow, it was beginning to envelope him and he was glowing as he was. This time stronger, a fire burned within him.

Administrator Assistant: This is the process of replacement. Your body has died but because the future you still exists the universe must rectify your death, so it creates a totally new human being, this person will live the exact same life as you, will inherit your memories and experiences, but is ultimately different. Goodbye Mr O'Shea.

O'Shea looked at his hands. They were morphing and shrinking. Finally the glow stopped. His hands, they were lighter, and skinnier too. The ring that once comfortably sat on the middle finger of his left hand slid off.

He rose to his knees, trying to decipher what happened.

Administrator Assistant: Who are you?

???: I'm… wait no I'm not… my name is Séan O'Shea…. But it isn't… why is my name not Séan O'Shea… why is my name Oísin McKenna? That's not right… but it feels right?

Administrator Assistant: Mr McKenna, you are experiencing a replacement. You were formerly Séan O'Shea but now you are Oísin Mckenna, one name ties you together, "RedMann". You both experienced that incident, indeed you both lived the same life apart from a few personal differences. Name, place of birth et cetera. But you have had largely the same path and story. You have all the memories of both lives.

McKenna: I'm the same person?

Administrator Assistant: Yes, and you may be wondering why all this has happened. You have been reassigned. You are now the Chairman of the Ethics Committee. You to use TS-133 to your advantage. The O5 have been left unchecked. They are issuing questionable projects, ruining relations and disregarding lives. TS-133 will be the miracle that keeps you in your position and effective. We need you to clamp down on the council. This is how. And besides that old face was too public and known, keep this a secret and you will be able to subvert their expectations. When the time comes you will change your face again. And again. You will age but you will be invincible and the eternal watcher over the council so long as time runs through your veins. Do you understand this assignment?

McKenna: Yes… I think…

Administrator Assistant: Excellent. Do not disappoint.

Last edited:

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
Since these are one of the rare applications I can actually leave my support on, I'll give my two cents on Redmann.

Dating back to the hearing earlier this year where Redmann was just a Comissioned Officer, he took it upon himself to dramatically lead the way within Epsillon-11 and show he had the leadership, competence and drive to eventually become Commander. His tenure as E-11 Commander was one of the best I've seen in my two years playing here. He revived a regiment many thought was done and dusted, a remarkable feat. Redmann has routinely created incredible roleplay avenues for his regiment and others around him. Yes, he has only been an Ethics Member for a short while, but competence outweighs time spent. I'd like to refer back to my jump from Site Director -> Ethics Director (Chairman) around this time last year. It takes initative and drive to make the best of these positions and I have to say Redmann out of all the candidates has the traits necessary in leading the Committee forward. I'd be very happy to have him as my peer as we go on to create excellent roleplay scenarios and new ideas into the future.

Best of luck Redmann, that's my +Support for you.

jane "puddles" whitlock

Jul 23, 2022
massive +support
-was a great COM
-good app
-no warn/ban history
-been playing for more than a year now (might wanna fix the year tho redman)

in any event good luck redman and I hope you end up getting this role o7

• Love
Reactions: RedMann

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
Ethics (inc. O-1 in particular) kinda needs a really good leader right now.
didn't think you'd jump for the position so soon and i agree with the others that it's a little too early in your CL5 career to get chairman, but tbh i don't see anyone else that can reasonably replace athena.

• Love
Reactions: Zen and RedMann

'Athena'

Feb 24, 2023

+Support

When I look into candidacy of selecting Ethics Members, I look into their potential of taking over from my position and Redmann is quite possibly one of the strongest candidates I had the pleasure of selecting into the committee for this reason.

While I did not expect to leave so soon, I believe despite Redmanns lack of tenure in the position of ECM, he would be a strong competent leader in the correct position. I remember he was someone who mentored me when I was a PVT in E-11, and he was a CSG. I also remember writing that disgusting 36 page in game document on the hearing regarding E-11, and thinking, "well god. They're done. They have a really messed up road to fix it ahead.". Then when I was in Site Admin, seeing his work shine through, or when I was an Ethics Member fighting for him to get E-11 Commander despite an massive amount of LOAs, and then watching him turn that regiment around and leave an immensely solid CO team to take the torch once he had left. Then as an Ethics Member, my DMs were flooded with brilliant ideas, and I watched him get cracking while I took my time away from CN.

What I am trying to say is, I've always put an immense amount of faith in Redmann and his competency and ability, and its always worked out. I am of the full belief it will work out again.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Revolutionary

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Aug 25, 2023
+Support
-Might be a little too early for ECC as you just recently got ECM but I believe you’re a strong candidate for the position with your past experience as an E-11 COM you turned the regiment around from a lacking one to what it is today.

• reaction_title.7

Dennid

Jul 30, 2023
+/- support
whilst I do think you would make a good ECC imo Charles is a better candidate. Good luck though ?

• Love

harryflynndev

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
DarkRP Staff
Platform Team
Aug 2, 2023
London, England
harryflynn.dev
+ Support

A lot of people will come on to this thread and simply say "there's a better candidate." or "you do not have the experience".

I am quite simply the opposite, you have more experience leading than anyone else in the Committee to date, being the most successful E-11 Commander I have seen on the server. You have actually stuck up for Ethics instead of letting the O5 council walk over you multiple times, whilst also being able to work with them and bring up constructive ideas and criticism.

Good Luck on your Application.

• reaction_title.7

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait

-Support

I love you redman but you just got ECM not that long ago. There is also in my opinion a better candidate for this role and I don’t think your ready yet for it.

Last edited:
  • reaction_title.7

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
+support

Was an incredible E-11 COM, and is doing amazingly as an ECM. There is a lot of competition for ECC, but Redmann is a very capable candidate to take on the reins

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+ Support
While you haven't been an ECM long, you definitely have the leadership experience and were fantastic in the E-11 COM role in all of the leadership aspects that ECC needs. I honestly think that as long as you've gotten used to how the EC works within the time you've been there, you're the best candidate even over those that might have been there longer. I also don't think the integration time into ECM is that huge a deal considering you'd been an ECA for a good while before, as well, so you likely have a good feel for the committee and how it works.

Kree

May 17, 2023
+Support
+ Has already demonstrated strong leadership skills in the past and is definitely capable enough to be an ECC.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-Redman is amazing. I do want to say that yes, he is a very recent addition to the Ethics Committee, and other people think that Charles would be a better candidate, I think that you would be fantastic too. I've had only great interactions with you, you have lead a regiment and did a bloody good job at it. You're extremely competent and a amazing fit.

-Is Irish, this cannot continue any further.
-May forget to give me 420-J if I get kidnapped and given to the Ethics Committee

Foxatron

Donator
Apr 16, 2022
Hello @RedMann

After taking some time to examine and watch the current committee members and the state that the committee is in I have come to realise a number of things. The committee at this moment in time need a very strong leader that is will to take the helm and train the current members and what they need to be doing when the server and within RP.

It is very important for members of the committee to also know the bounds of their authority and what I will say is most leaders will not apologise when they were in the wrong; something that you have done. I think you would responsibly take on this role and introduce a new committee that you envision.

I believe that you would fit this role very well because whilst you may be new to the committee you have a lot of experience in leadership overall, you know your bounds in O1 whilst not overstepping; and I believe you would take feedback and criticism from your peers which makes you a solid
candidate. Based on the above and our interactions I will be leaving you with my plus support.

kind regards

Omega-1 Commander 'Insulin'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.