[UK] Remmy "Brightside" Marshall's DoIA Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:96962464
Discord name: Weestink
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Around 2 years.
In what country are you located?: United Kingdom
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): Remmy "Brightside" Marshall
Civilian name: Rummius Beet Tackle
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK

Do you have a mic?:
-
Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
-
Currently holding: IA Ambassador, O-1 SGT, Ethics Committee Assistant | Chaos Insurgency Alpha
Previously Held: IA Ambassador, O-1 LCPL

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-
Two warnings around a year ago, FailRP and FearRP.

Why are you applying for Director of Internal Affairs?
Internal Affairs is the role and playstyle that I enjoy the most, and since I began on SCP over a year ago it's been my primary focus. I've aspired to progress within the IA Department for some time, however due to limitations when I was previously an Ambassador I was unable to. I'm glad to have the opportunity to apply for this position now, and to justify why I believe I am deserving of Director of Internal Affairs.

To begin, I've noticed that the Department has improved dramatically in terms of quality of Agents, scope and responsibilities, and power. And with these recent changes, improvements, and coming updates, I'd like to hone both the image and function of IA on the server. I'd like to see an increase in the number and quality of Tribunals taking place. And use of the Tribunal planning / execution process as a platform to scope and refine talented individuals. If I were holding a position as Director, I would be assigned more responsibilities in terms of selecting skilled individuals for assignments such as Investigations and Tribunals, and could increase productivity associated with both. Extending the capabilities of our current Ambassadorial team, through trainings, orders, and assignments, as well as recruiting suitable Agents into Ambassador positions, should be one of our primary focuses as a Department moving forwards. As Director, I would be able to oversee this process of assigning Ambassador's RP scenarios to lead, for example, investigations and Tribunals, thereby opening up avenues of recognition within the Department.

I've recently coined the idea of the Special Investigations Branch of Internal Affairs, which has received approval and full support by both divisions of site command. This branch works closely with ISD to conduct investigations and arrests into high-profile personnel. Through use of this Branch, I can enable thorough investigations and include promising Agents in the process, thereby opening up an avenue to promotion and recognition within IA & ISD. Becoming a Director, would enable me to delegate leadership of this branch to other Ambassadors within the Department, so that they may extend their currently capabilities.

The reason I've applied and worked towards IA Director, is due to my strong belief in IA's transformative ability over RP on the server. A patient and reasonable Agent can transform an RP situation, and remediate complex situations reactively without infringing on player's enjoyment of the server. The existence of IA as a Department is crucial, without it, players would lack accountability or consequences for their actions, which would undermine the gameplay loop. As the Director of IA, alongside the Departmental Leadership, I could ensure that Agents are integral in their operations, and work to ultimately enrich the RP experience on the server.

What makes you suitable for Director of Internal Affairs?:
Since I began playing the server again, I've worked well within the IA Department as both an Agent, and Ambassador. I've created and lead various RP and Event scenarios for Agents to be involved with, including Tribunals, Investigations, and major arrests. Tribunals in particular act as a platform to enforce the FLC against high-clearance personnel, who may otherwise be overlooked for their violations. Abuse of power, and lack of consequences for high-clearance personnel who break and abuse policies is a huge problem in-game and out-of-character. Hence, I put a large amount of effort into Tribunals. I've listed some examples below:

Tribunal against Kayla (Director of Medicine): Attached - I ultimately won this Tribunal, and the defendant was found guilty on a majority of the charges.
Tribunal against Alexi "Knight" Graves: Attached - This Tribunal resulted in the Dpt. Manager being executed for his violations.
Operation Blockade Report: Attached - This investigation involved all of Internal Affairs, I wrote with report alongside Merrick when I was an Agent.

Overall, my suitability for the Director position comes from a variety of relevant experience in Internal Affairs and other affairs-related positions I have held. As well as my ability to produce high-quality and relevant documentation proactively (Tribunals) and reactively (Investigations and arrest-reports).

I have listed below the three major whitelisted roles that I play on the server, and how they contribute to my application:

Internal Affairs Ambassador - Ambassador is by far the role that I play the most on the server, and the role that majoritively contributes towards my suitability for a Director position. I've worked hard since I became an Ambassador, and have always tried to engage and encourage Agents in RP scenarios and external communications in the best way that I can. As an Ambassador I am reasonable and level-headed, and I understand in-depth the duties and responsibilities that come with the role. I've listed below some of the responsibilities of an Ambassador (Referenced from my application here):
Ambassadors directly manage the Department alongside the Director(s). Within RP Ambassadors are expected to:
  • Organise and assign POIs for Agents, as well as provide FLC Clarifications.
  • Deal with reports that concern Agents and Operatives.
  • Perform standard duties of upholding the FLC, and assist in the enforcement of the FLC against high profile personnel.
  • Assume the standard responsibilities of a CL4 holder, e.g. closing blast doors and approving / reviewing documents
  • Act with a high amount of professionalism in order to set a standard for Agents.
Ambassador is a critical position within the Internal Affairs Hierarchy, and comes with the additional responsibilities, compared to an Agent, of leading the Department (Alongside Directors) and directly managing the Department's Agents and Operatives.

Omega-1 SGT (Prosecutors) - I am currently a supervisor within Omega-1's prosecutors squadron. Within which I assist in the planning, processing, and execution of Tribunals and other RP oriented situations. I additionally help to maintain the roster of informants for Omega-1. Prosecutors work is mainly performed in-game, and focuses on the investigation side of affairs. As a member of Omega-1 I work closely with, and act as an extension of the Ethics Committee. The Committee are the driving force behind the Foundation Legal Codex, and are the highest entity in the Internal Affairs Chain of Command. Therefore, working closely with them is beneficial for a person in the Director of Internal Affairs position.

Ethics Committee Assistant - As an Assistant, I work closely with the Ethics Committee. Carrying out orders, audits, and assisting in RP scenarios involving the Ethics Committee and Omega-1. Assistant's are not permitted to make arrests, however can act as a bridge between the Ethics Committee and Internal Affairs. By holding and playing this role, I am experienced in escalating issues where relevant, and am familiar with Ethics Committee as a branch of Site Command. I've listed below the responsibilities of an Ethics Committee Assistant (Referenced from my application here):
Ethics Assistants are chosen to represent the Ethics Committee, and alongside O-1, act as an extension of their will. The additional duties of an ECA are:
  • Upholding the FLC and acting on violations / Liaising with Internal Affairs to resolve internal issues
  • Acting on the standard duties of a CL4 personnel
  • Writing and approving documents for use in RP
  • Meeting with personnel who are requesting to speak with an Ethics Member, and escalating where appropriate
It is the overarching responsibility of ECAs to assist the Ethics Committee, and follow / enforce their orders.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Internal Affairs in RP?:
-
The Director of Internal Affairs, like all other Departmental leads on the server, is tasked with heading the Departmental Leadership of Internal Affairs. Their responsibilities in RP and no less than the conservation of order and justice within the site, as well as the management of Agents and Ambassadors within the Department. I have listed some examples of the Director of Internal Affairs responsibilities in RP:
  • Upholding the FLC - Like all other members of Internal Affairs, the Director is tasked with upholding and enforcing the FLC. Although, a Director should be taking a more administrative approach to this process. It is beneficial in character to allow Agents and Operative to take the lead on arrests, and only step in when issues arise which they are unable to deal with. For example, multiple personnel requiring of arrest, or high-clearance personnel attempting to deter Agents from doing their job. The reason it is important to uphold the FLC, is for the health of gameplay on the server. Without use of the FLC, there would be no consequences for player's actions in RP. Directors hold the additional responsibility of advising Site Command on potential changes to the FLC, including condensing or removing current charges, and creating new ones.

• Managing Ambassadors, Agents and Operatives - Like any Department Director, the DoIA is responsible for managing all personnel in their Department. This includes overseeing the recruitment process for Ambassadorial staff, and applications, assignments, and investigations which Ambassadors are expected to perform. They are additionally responsible for overseeing the training process for Agents and Operatives. Complaints concerning the conduct of an Ambassador can be brought to the Director of Internal Affairs, and they are ultimately responsible for the integrity and standards of personnel in Internal Affairs. Directors also hold the power to remove Ambassadors from their positions, as well as being able to warn, job ban, or job deny Agents.

• Investigations, Tribunals and special authorisations - The Director of Internal Affairs is expected to begin, lead and approve investigations for the Department. This includes investigations of which they themselves decide the scope and purpose, and investigations brought forwards by an Ambassador or Agent. The Director is also expected to encourage and assist in the creation of cases for Tribunal, and may also be expected to escalate evidence to the Ethics Committee / Site Administrations in order to organise a Tribunal. The Director of Internal Affairs holds the power to provide special authorisations to Agents and Ambassadors, including access to inner D-Block and expanded lists of permitted disguises.

• Overseeing the Departments development - The Director of Internal Affairs is expected to ensure the constant development of the Internal Affairs department. By means of overhauling outdated policies, procedures, trainings, and standard practices. Given the coming updates to the server, being a Director will now mean easing through the teething process of additional content, and ensuring the department as a whole remains integral to it's purpose.

Please give some lore about your Internal Affairs Ambassador character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Greetings. I am Cairo.aic, a ver2.0 Artificially Intelligent Conscript used by the Ethics Committee for archival and communications purposes. What can I do for you today?

Input: Cairo. Access Clearance Level 5 Network.
Usurp the arbiter...

Input: With the courage of defiance.
Credentials accepted. Welcome, Ethics Member.

Input: Search Query "Remmy Marshall"

Search Results (Displaying Most Recent):

File Name
Description
Clearance Level
Author
Remmy_Brightside_Marshall_Personnel_File​
Remmy "Brightside" Marshall's personnel file, containing details of his tenure.​
Level 4​
R.A.I.S.A
██████​

Find More Results...

WARNING: ACCESS TO THESE FILES IS HIGHLY RESTRICTED.

Input: file open Remmy_Brightside_Marshall_Personnel_File

OPENING FILE: ACCESS ATTEMPT LOGGED

Input: Cairo. Organise an Interview with Marshall, for the Director position.
Understood.

Input: Log off.

Reactions: Kiwi

Deleted member 6811

+Huge Support
-Always active.
-Amazing interactions.
-Always friendly.
-Very capable of roleplay.
-Articulate / well spoken (important quality for a leadership role).
-Very detailed application.

• Love
Reactions: Remmy
+ Support
Femmy, crap, I mean Remmy, is a delight to the server, he's always looking for opportunities to start wacky RP that doesn't feel like it was brewed up from a yeast infection, it actually seems interesting. Many of the DOIAs I've met from both UK and US have seemed dull before, whereas Remmy definitely seems to shine through.

Best of luck, Sarah.

• Love
Reactions: Remmy

Merrick Travolta

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Oct 18, 2023
Neutral to +Support.

This is a good application. But I have more personal experience with you Remmy so I have to leave it at a neutral

From my point of view. You're working with the IASIB stuff. I think you're settled and will work well as the Ambassador role. Moving up should IA get another CL4. But I don't know if you should lead.

I could be wrong in my assessment. I wish you the best.

Dec 19, 2020
-support

I can’t support this application for some reasons;
  1. Previous Warnings: You acknowledge that you were given two warnings of FailRP and FearRP approximately a year ago; these are very grave matters, which cast a lot of doubt on whether you will be able to follow the rules of the server as well as maintain Director of Internal Affairs’ standards.

2. Lack of Recent High-Level Leadership Experience: Though having served as IA Ambassador and O-1 SGT, your current application shows no recent high-level leadership experience. This position demands substantial, contemporary familiarity in managing and growing a departmental structure which seems to be lacking at this moment.

3. Unclear Impact of Initiatives: The Special Investigations Branch you suggest is interesting but there is no evidence it is effective or how it could be implemented. A Director must display proven initiatives with clearly measured outcomes; this proposal does not meet such criteria.

4. Inadequate Specific Contributions: Your application lacks detailed examples of how your actions have had a positive effect on the department and the server. The ill-defined references to Tribunals and investigations are not enough evidence. You should show tangible results that resulted from your leadership in terms of measurable improvements or significant positive outcomes.

5. Unkind Attitude: I’ve heard different stories about you being unfriendly to other players. But this is a major challenge for the Director, Internal Affairs who needs to be approachable, professional and able to create an inclusive respectful environment for everybody working around him. This perceived hostility is a huge red flag.
Generally, your submission does not cover all the necessary qualifications and experiences needed for one to assume Director of Internal Affairs position. I suggest that you address these substantial concerns by getting more relevant experience before making another application.

Goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.