[UK] Remmy "Brightside" Marshall's Ethics Chairman Application

Jun 6, 2022
Neutral

Remmy Brightside Marshal has always been a standout figure, especially within the roleplay community. His application for Ethics Committee Chairman couldn't come at a better time, as his qualities make him a perfect fit for the position. Having had the pleasure of adventuring with him in the Hogwarts Roleplay a few years back, I witnessed firsthand how his leadership skills and dedication transformed the experience for everyone involved.

During those Hogwarts days, Remmy served as the best head moderator we could ask for. He wasn't just about maintaining order—he brought a sense of fairness and approachability that made the server a fun and safe place for everyone to roleplay. Whether we were delving into magical duels or complex storylines, Remmy was always there to ensure everything ran smoothly. He balanced enforcing the rules with creating an inclusive, vibrant atmosphere, something not many can pull off.

Beyond moderation, he was a true companion. We shared countless adventures, from intense events to casual in-character hangouts, and his creativity made every moment memorable. He was always willing to go the extra mile to help others, be it solving disputes, providing guidance to new players, or simply making sure everyone felt welcomed.
Supporting Remmy for Ethics Committee Chairman is a no-brainer. His integrity, experience in leadership, and dedication to making any community he's part of a better place are exactly what the role demands. He's proven time and again that he’s not just capable but exemplary when it comes to holding a leadership position, and there's no doubt he'd bring those same qualities to the Ethics Committee.

Feb 12, 2023
Neutral

I agree with Kvarkar’s well-balanced perspective on Rummius Beet Tackle’s application. There’s no doubt that his prior roles as an Ethics Committee Member and Director of Internal Affairs show that he has the experience needed to manage high-level positions within the server. However, the concerns about his past warnings, such as FailRP and FearRP, can’t be overlooked, especially when considering a position as sensitive as Ethics Committee Chairman. His past actions should definitely factor into whether or not he can be trusted with the immense responsibility this role requires.

Rummius clearly has a passion for more dynamic roleplay, which is admirable, but as Kvarkar mentioned, the Chairman role demands more than just RP proficiency. It requires decisive leadership, sound judgment, and the ability to enforce ethical standards without compromise. I agree that his application could benefit from more concrete examples that show his leadership in action, especially in high-pressure situations where ethics and cooperation are key.

Overall, I think Rummius has potential, but there are still some concerns that need to be addressed before fully endorsing his candidacy.
Neutral

Rummius Beet Tackle has created a solid application especially based on the fact of how he was an Ethics Committee Member and Director of Internal Affairs. Those positions reinforce that it is quite possible for him to take on weighty positions in the structure of the server. Nevertheless, past warnings of FailRP and FearRP, among other institutional administrative sanctions, present reasonable issues concerning his commitment to server rules and whether his performance will always meet the standards required of an Ethics Committee Chairman. While these incidents happened some time ago, still they are other significant information that needs to be weighed while analysing his candidature for such a sensitive position.

His praise of interests of more active and multilevel roleplay is clearly explains why he hopes to take such a drastic step, however the position of Chairman consist not only of roleplay skills. It includes the very strong necessity to make decisions on the lead, to allocate duties properly, and to manage unethical actions in several areas of competence. In this respect it would be interesting to hear more examples from Rummius’s practice that would portray his leadership in difficult situations as well as working with other important areas of the organization and not forgetting the highest ethical principles within the organization. His application would be stronger in relating evidence of leading, working together and ensuring that all the described high standards are not breached at any time.
Calling someone out for 2 warnings is crazy, +support

• Haha
Reactions: Niox
using 2 warnings from over a year ago against someone is wack. if having 2 warnings is scary then idk how I got chairman with an MRDM ban and a failrp warn 💀

+Support
Calling someone out for 2 warnings is crazy, +support
Guys they're shitposting, please you're making yourselves look like idiots

Anywho,

In my time as Chairman I had the great pleasure of working with about a dozen Ethics Members, and one who will always stand out to me as someone with extreme dedication to creating quality roleplay and maintaining the standards of the server, is Remmy. From the day I made Remmy an ECM he has consistently shared, discussed, and requested feedback on events, ideas and storylines which are some of the factors I would hope Remmy keeps as he progresses throughout the server, but they are also the buildings of an amazing RP leader. Furthermore, Remmy has displayed, both to me and others, quality skills during his time as a Director of Internal Affairs, and stepping up to ECC requires much of those same skills, which are already natural to Remmy.

Overall, this is an easy +support, however due to those warnings I will need to leave a...
-/+Neutral
Best of luck Remmy!

jax

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Apr 5, 2024
+ Support
- Great RP
- active
- great leader

- WhY DO yOu hAVe 2 WaRNs, YoU shOuLD bE DemOTED :skull:

-/+ Neutral

• + Active

• + Stuff checks out

• - I have had virtually no interaction with you in any capacity whatsoever. The only thing I've seen you do is talk in comms and that's it. I can't make any judgement as to your personal suitability for the position.

As a fellow chef, one who operates primarily in a different section of our expansive culinary domain, I find myself in a position of both admiration and apprehension regarding the individual who is currently being considered for the position of Ethics Committee Chairman, which by virtue of being a significant RP Leadership position, has significant overlap with mine own domain of expertise. This chef, whose specific implementations of culinary expertise I feel that I have yet to witness firsthand, has seemingly garnered the admiration and respect of our peers and superiors alike.

While I am no stranger to the intricacies and nuances of our craft, the particular techniques, methodology, and finesse that this particular chef might possess remain a mystery to me. The lack of direct observation of their work leaves me with a certain degree of uncertainty, as I cannot rely on my own experiences to form an opinion. I am not privy to the intricate dance of spatula and pan, the deft slicing of knife through vegetable, or the precise measurements that may define this chef's culinary prowess.

The deafening silence of my own experiences with this chef's cooking stands in stark contrast to the chorus of praise that has risen around them. This disparity has left me, like many others, with a sense of confusion. How is it that others, who have perhaps witnessed these culinary feats, can so confidently attest to this chef's abilities?

In the absence of direct observation, I find myself relying on hearsay and the accounts of others. And while these stories are undoubtedly positive, I cannot help but feel a tinge of skepticism. This is not out of disrespect for the chef in question or the opinions of my colleagues, but rather a reflection of the importance we place on skill and competence within our profession.

As chefs, we are defined by our mastery of the kitchen, the art of transforming raw ingredients into mouthwatering dishes, and the ability to manage the ebb and flow of a bustling service. The promotion of a chef, especially one who is new to our immediate work environment, demands a level of trust that can only be earned through demonstration.

In the end, my stance as a neutral observer can only be maintained for so long. Time will reveal the truth of this chef's talents, and as we continue to share our workspace, I eagerly anticipate the opportunity to witness their craft firsthand. Until then, I can only stand by, observing, learning, and growing – as we all do – in the ever-evolving symphony of this culinary world.

Since I cannot make a determination if you should be allowed to cook - I am left asking if you can cook.

Prplex

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
-/+ Neutral

• + Active

• + Stuff checks out

• - I have had virtually no interaction with you in any capacity whatsoever. The only thing I've seen you do is talk in comms and that's it. I can't make any judgement as to your personal suitability for the position.

As a fellow chef, one who operates primarily in a different section of our expansive culinary domain, I find myself in a position of both admiration and apprehension regarding the individual who is currently being considered for the position of Ethics Committee Chairman, which by virtue of being a significant RP Leadership position, has significant overlap with mine own domain of expertise. This chef, whose specific implementations of culinary expertise I feel that I have yet to witness firsthand, has seemingly garnered the admiration and respect of our peers and superiors alike.

While I am no stranger to the intricacies and nuances of our craft, the particular techniques, methodology, and finesse that this particular chef might possess remain a mystery to me. The lack of direct observation of their work leaves me with a certain degree of uncertainty, as I cannot rely on my own experiences to form an opinion. I am not privy to the intricate dance of spatula and pan, the deft slicing of knife through vegetable, or the precise measurements that may define this chef's culinary prowess.

The deafening silence of my own experiences with this chef's cooking stands in stark contrast to the chorus of praise that has risen around them. This disparity has left me, like many others, with a sense of confusion. How is it that others, who have perhaps witnessed these culinary feats, can so confidently attest to this chef's abilities?

In the absence of direct observation, I find myself relying on hearsay and the accounts of others. And while these stories are undoubtedly positive, I cannot help but feel a tinge of skepticism. This is not out of disrespect for the chef in question or the opinions of my colleagues, but rather a reflection of the importance we place on skill and competence within our profession.

As chefs, we are defined by our mastery of the kitchen, the art of transforming raw ingredients into mouthwatering dishes, and the ability to manage the ebb and flow of a bustling service. The promotion of a chef, especially one who is new to our immediate work environment, demands a level of trust that can only be earned through demonstration.

In the end, my stance as a neutral observer can only be maintained for so long. Time will reveal the truth of this chef's talents, and as we continue to share our workspace, I eagerly anticipate the opportunity to witness their craft firsthand. Until then, I can only stand by, observing, learning, and growing – as we all do – in the ever-evolving symphony of this culinary world.

Since I cannot make a determination if you should be allowed to cook - I am left asking if you can cook.
How will this affect Lebron's legacy?

• Haha
Reactions: Dennid

Merrick Travolta

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Oct 18, 2023
Fucking Remmy Brightside marshall.

I cannot vouch for your projects or anything of the matter as i've been busy myself creating things to do.

However I will speak on you as a person and as I know you in character.

During my time at internal Affairs you were rather lively and opinionated. In both good and bad ways. I do not regret taking you on nor seeing you rise to director in my absence.

During my time as council member you always created a rather decent atmosphere. An enjoyable one at that.

However during your time as ECM. I will put this as bluntly as possible. You are 3 seconds away form going through one of my office windows.

However. It's all in good fun in RP. So It's not like I will hold this against you.

You would do well as ECC should you keep the momentum you seem to have as ECM.

+Support.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 'Athena' and Remmy
Fucking Remmy Brightside marshall.

I cannot vouch for your projects or anything of the matter as i've been busy myself creating things to do.

However during your time as ECM. I will put this as bluntly as possible. You are 3 seconds away form going through one of my office windows.
Merrick is a Remmy opp confirmed