Denied UK Server RMP Surveillance Room

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamerzone_TW

Jan 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: It would change RMP meeting room alpha but turn it into a surveillance room.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Would allow an easier way to keep an eye on base (while also having patrols out)
Would add more RP opportunities and a more realistic touch to the server.
If a record function was added could also use CCTV footage for court cases

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Possible server lag

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Due to the expansion of the server to a US server aswell, this could be used as a cross server addition. It would add a more realistic touch to the server (as a serving military person all bases i have been to so far have all had CCTV). To combat the possible server lag, would probably suggest doing tests (for example add 1 camera at a time and see when it starts to lag)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

hj10wen

Game Master
Game Master
May 31, 2022
We dont need more stuff adding Lag to the server when something like this would never get used after the first 1-2 weeks of it being out

Vampuffin

Feb 20, 2022
One way to avoid lag could be to use the same system as the drone cameras, looking through it from all the way over in base while the drone's at Train Bridge for example. Would hurt immersion since you wont see stuff on a screen and it'd be just switching your camera out, but would at least offer the opportunity for CCTV while not havin a ton of lag.

Reactions: Gamerzone_TW

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
Reading over your suggestion Vampuffin's reply on how to avoid lag, I have to say that I believe this would be a good addition if it gets accepted.

+Support

Reactions: Vampuffin

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
would make hacking even more difficult for no reason at all
also has 0 thing for AOR

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
would make hacking even more difficult for no reason at all
also has 0 thing for AOR
I mean, if it gets accepted I'm sure they'd also add it to AOR regardless of it being an RMP suggestion, for balancing reasons. But what do you mean it makes it hacking more difficult for no reason? Hacking's loud anyway, so this suggestion wouldn't really affect Hacking.

Reactions: Sam Montgomery

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
I mean, if it gets accepted I'm sure they'd also add it to AOR regardless of it being an RMP suggestion, for balancing reasons. But what do you mean it makes it hacking more difficult for no reason? Hacking's loud anyway, so this suggestion wouldn't really affect Hacking.
Sure whatever floats your boat

Oceanus

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 21, 2021
Sure whatever floats your boat
I mean, I was hoping you'd actually offer some insight on why you think it would be bad. So if you're not going to, you might as remove the comment I replied to, otherwise it could set a precedent on just downvoting legitimate suggestions for... "no reason at all."

Sam Montgomery

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 3, 2021
+ support
A CCTV room in both bases allowing a singular member of either RMP / MPC or AOR to control both gates and keep an eye on specific areas of the base would make the regiments jobs easier to undertake, especially when numbers are low. Adds another element to RP for police regiments as well.

Jack G

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 19, 2021
Suggestion Denied

Hi Gamerzone,
Your suggestion has been denied. This could cause lag and also removes quite a lot of roleplay by keeping people in a boxed room rather than doing active patrols.

Thanks, Content Team​

Status
Not open for further replies.