Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): deadshotsniper210
How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): About 400hours total. monthly vtime below
In what country are you located?:
UK
Time zone: GMT
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): MTF A-1 SPC 'Snake'/Snake-Eater
Chaos name (include your rank): CI-G Snake
Civilian name:
Punished Snake
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:448158084
Discord ID (name#0000):
prplex
Do you have a mic?:
Yes

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP UK

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
None

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:

I do not as this is the first Gmod server I have properly engaged with although I hope this can be a first time as you've got to start somewhere and I believe the best way to do something like this is on a server you enjoy however I more than understand the responsibility and commitment that comes with a staff position.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:

I do not however I hope the 400 hours in 2 months will show my commitment and dedication to roleplaying on this server.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:

Usually I will play for upwards of 5 hours minimum often reaching 10 hours. I used to play fairly late night too but I'm trying to better my sleep schedule so I haven't recently although I have plenty of time to dedicate for now. I will often play until about 12pm GMT where the server is in proper downtime.

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:

For me, being a moderator would allow to better the server while I'm playing and would allow me to give back to the community that has been so good to me when I was new to the server. As boring as it sounds I enjoy following the rules whether that's in character or out of character, I've never had so much as an arrest by IA in my 400 hours on the server and being a moderator lets me go one step further and actively help the overall health and quality of the server. I know from first hand experience it sucks to be stuck somewhere or be waiting on a moderator for one reason or another and by having one more person to help with the minor stuff I can increase the quality in RP and hopefully have less downtime waiting for someone to take your sit. I hope by being a moderator I can make a difference and convince some people who might just mess around and get warned otherwise that there's a better and equally fun alternative and often explaining the reasoning behind certain rules helps people understand and justify the rules a lot better. If I can reduce the amount of repeat offenders by even a bit it would bring me great satisfaction to see some new players enjoy the server to its fullest instead of feeling disgruntled. You might notice a lot of people who have warnings have them from when they were new to the server and didn't understand what was what. It's my hope that I can educate people about why certain rules exist and why they need to be followed and eventually reduce the amount of new players being warned for something they may not have understood. I enjoy teaching people things and I'm sure anyone who's asked me something can attest that I always try explain stuff and help people out as I only want the best for this community. In my opinion being a moderator requires moderation not just of the server but of your decision making and how flexible you should be towards a potential rule breaker keeping into account things such as recent warns and their overall temperament towards the server and its community.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:

While I'm not of the belief that I am necessarily special, once a week I get a popup asking for more staff members and I believe I can match the quality and clarity of the current moderation team. I have ample knowledge of the rules and am always up for learning new ones whether that's a clarification or a ruling on something more minor. I possess a strong sense of justice and this makes it a personal thing that I uphold the standards of the server. An example of this is I will rarely make a sit on someone if they express remorse or that it was an honest mistake. I use my own judgement and interpretation to decide if I believe they have learned from their mistake and this is just the type of thinking I believe the SCP-RP UK server would benefit from. I believe if an alternative to banning them exists and that both the server and person in question would benefit from it, it should be explored. We don't want to drive people away from the server but instead hope that we can encourage them to make an effort to stick to the server guidelines so everyone can enjoy it. I understand that moderation isn't simply warning people or unsticking them it's making the choice that would benefit the server the most whether that's aiding RP or teaching inexperienced players. It is my opinion that I would be a valuable addition to the moderation team because of my way of approaching things and my time on the server. Obviously senior admins get the final say but I hope I have displayed enough diligence and the correct mindset that I may be given a chance to benefit the server to my fullest potential.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application and
any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

'Ignis'

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 13, 2022
+support

good lad
active in-game / on externals
good interactions overall

best of luck on your application!

TheKupKake

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 13, 2023
+Support

Clear with what he says what he has to inorder to get the point across
Would be an amazing fit for the staff team

GL homie :)

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
+Support

Clear with what he says what he has to inorder to get the point across
Would be an amazing fit for the staff team

GL homie :)
Appreciate it bro

Alex Honda

Donator
Aug 23, 2022
Hello @Prplex, I will be giving you a +Support for the following reasons:
-Active
-Good Interactions
-Well made application

Stealth

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Dec 4, 2022
Hello @Prplex , today I will be giving you a +/- Neutral for the following reasons:

- Active within the server
- Detailed Application
- No previous staffing experience
- Some interactions

Good Luck,
Stealth / Falcon

Last edited:

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Hello @Prplex , today I will be giving you a +/- Neutral for the following reasons:

- Active within the server
- Detailed Application
- No previous staffing experience
- No interactions

Good Luck,
Stealth / Falcon
not the easiest thing to interact with ethics members aha , have seen you a bunch on dea recently though, appreciate the well wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.