[UK] Toaste's (second??) Staff Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toaste

Mar 30, 2024
Hi, my first one was affected by the rollback and replaced by this thread. As normal:

Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): toastebarksalot
How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): Roughly 135 hours (now ~200+), pictured.
image-184.png
In what country are you located?: Canada
Time zone: EST/EDT
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): Nu-7 PVT Toaste "Calloway" Woofleson
Chaos name (include your rank): I have yet to attend training; N/A
Civilian name: N/A
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:634694900
Discord ID (name#0000): toastey
Do you have a mic?: Yes.
What server are you applying for?: SCP-RP UK
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: My first, as stated, was affected by the rollback with only two replies, so I think yes?
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have received two warnings, both for RDM. I was very new to the server at the time and did not understand certain rules regarding when you can terminate D-class and the likes. Both warnings occurred March 27th/28th and I haven't received a warning since.
image-72.png
-
Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:
Not for the game GMod, but I have staffed within small and large communities both on social and gaming platforms.
-
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
Yes. I've engaged in serious roleplay both on GMod and GTAV.
-
How many hours can you be on everyday?:
3-4 hours daily, possibly more depending on the day.
-
Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:
Ever since joining this community, albeit relatively recently, I've found myself excited to return to play every night after I must sleep for work or the likes. It is a very welcoming community and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on-server and off-server in ooc discussions. This server was one of the first games that I played, GMod having sat untouched in my library for years before I decided to pick it up on a whim after a friend encouraged me to do so. They aren't an active player of SCP-RP, but I saw the category on the server browser and found myself curious from when I used to binge SCP content. From my first day as D-Class being experimented on to my current time as a Nu-7 performing surface operations, I've found myself enjoying each second, learning about the community and finding where I fit, meeting new people and properly learning how to play and the nuances of my roles and the rules. Every player brings their own unique flavour to every interaction, and I'm always excited to see what every interaction will bring. The effort that goes into maintaining the server and running events for the playerbase I've quickly come to love shouldn't go unnoticed and I'd very much like to contribute meaningfully back to that, both in-character (as Toaste) and out-of-character (as staff), and I hope that, given the opportunity, I can foster the same kind of environment that I was presented with for another new player.
-
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?
I find myself in line with the apparent goal of the staff guidelines and handbook, and each interaction that I've had with a staff member has presented the same thing: Friendly, unbiased, and professional, alongside very well exercised decision making. I think that I could contribute meaningfully in these facets and uphold the high reputation that the staff hold, and hope that I can uphold the rules to the best of my ability given the opportunity. I understand that being a good staff member is not only about enforcing the rules, but also about recognizing the nuance of every potential rule-break and possibly multifaceted case, and it's paramount to find that balance of respectful, safe, and rule-respecting, for every case given. I'm aware that this is not always a straightforward task, but I think that the current staff team holds these qualities and more, and I hope that I can also bring them to the team also. In life, I have always believed that communication is best practiced honestly, and respectfully, and the way someone conducts themselves when talking to others reveals an awful lot about them - whether their conduct is positive or negative shapes who they are and how they grow as a person, and I feel comfortable in being able to communicate positively and effectively with both friends & strangers, and I would be delighted to receive the opportunity to learn how to be a staff member both on GMod and on CN.

Last edited:

Joshbond

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Dec 31, 2022
@Toaste

Thank you for your application to join the SCP staff team.

Please bare with us while we review your application. Once reviewed in full, a SL member will respond with a final verdict.

If you have any questions in the mean time, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
Application Denied

Hi @Toaste

Unfortunately your application has been denied at this time.

Please try to maintain your activity and become a notable member within the community to fully understand how everything operates and works, this includes the rule system to ensure you don't get any further warnings in the future.

You may re-apply in 2 weeks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.