[UK] Viktor Katona's Site Director application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022
Disclaimer: if you haven't seen me this last week or so it's because I was on a week-long LOA due to final exams. The LOA is over, and I am active once again, as you've probably realized on your own through these last few days.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:87962033

Discord name: Vollgas#3812

For how long have you played on CG SCP: One year and two months

In what country are you located?: Spain

Time zone: CEST

Character name(s): Viktor Katona (Foundation) | 'Madrid' (GOC)

Civilian name: Eusebio García-Delgado

What server are you applying for?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Site advisor, MTF A-1 SPC, CI-Gamma, Director of Internal Affairs, Internal Affairs Ambassador, and UNGOC SGT.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?: No

Why are you applying for Site Director?
There's a plethora of reasons why I want to become a Site Director. I think it can broaden my RP opportunities and it will give me the opportunity to make the server a more functional and enjoyable place for the player base. However, there is one main reason why I strongly believe I should get this position (and I have come to realize this should be the prime reason why anyone should apply for a higher-ranking role) is that I strongly believe I can make a difference. Every person who's ever been a Site Director, no matter for how long, has brought their own unique and special perspective to the Roleplay and the server as a whole. I really think that my previous expertise in CL4 roles (keep in mind I've been a CL4 for over a year and held Senior CL4 positions for around 8-9 months) will help me bring some new insights based on experience and expertise.

What makes you suitable for Site Director over Site Advisor?
Continuing the line of the previous point, I strongly believe that the CL4 positions I've held (both senior and junior) have granted me one of the most valuable assets someone can have: experience. Through hard work and a lot of mistakes (no shame in that) as well as good choices, I've managed to create a very solid understanding of how everything works, within the Site and the server as a whole. Of course, experience is not everything, but it truly is one of the key aspects of a good Site Director. Regarding this same topic, I am currently the most veteran member of the current Site Administration team, which is another key point as to why I strongly believe I should become Director.

Through my time as Site Advisor, I've pushed for more freedom to all departments with less interference from Site Administration (unless needed, of course), approved and encouraged as many new projects as possible within the different departments, and tried to make Department Directors feel like they're valuable and granted them the independence I strongly believe they deserve. This is a line of work I very strongly believe in and, if I were to become Site Director, I'd make sure that this is the modus operandi of SA. I think that having a clear idea of how to plan and execute things in the near future is another key aspect that any applicant for this position should have.

What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?
The responsibility of Site Administration, summarized in one phrase, is to ensure the proper functioning of the site. Of course, there is a lot more to this when detail is added. For starters, there are monthly reviews that help keep all departments in a healthy condition and pinpoint what needs fixing in Site Administration's eyes, the creation of site-wide policies that affect the way roleplay works, dealing with delicate issues regarding Groups of Interest and what kind of concessions and relations are established with them, approving certain Research procedures (mostly Keter-Euclid cross tests), deciding on certain applications, etcetera.

When it comes to the Site Director's responsibilities in particular, they of course hold everything that Site Advisors are meant to do minus the monthly departmental reviews (unless it's extremely necessary), plus managing all the documentation regarding Site Administration, managing the team and ensuring it's well-being and that the relations between its members are in a good condition, as well as of course holding certain key knowledge points that Advisors don't. At the end of the day, they are the people in charge of the Site Administration team and its correct functioning.

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in.
The following lore is the previous storyline of my character but with modifications in order to meet this application's criteria (SD-related content) and some of the events that my character has been a part of after my DoIA and SA Applications.

Site 65 Internal Affairs:~$
$ ~ USERNAME: FoundationIA276532
$ ~ PASSWORD: *************

Access Status: "ACCESS GRANTED".

NOTICE: This terminal is to be accessed by CL3 Personnel Only. Misuse of this terminal will result in arrest.
This activity has been logged.

Loading file "Foundation_File_Viktor_Katona", please present CL4 credentials...

Loaded successfully!

Name - Viktor Katona, alias [DATA EXPUGNED].
Birthplace - Kenderes, Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok, Hungary.
Date of birth - ██ of May 1989.

1684744523670.png

Katona (left) being awarded the Hungarian Order of Merit by █████████ for his work on Operation ██████, 2018.
Born to a single mother after his father was executed by the Hungarian communist regime, Viktor Katona's career as a soldier began when he joined the Magyar Honvédség (Hungarian Defence Forces) as an officer after graduating from the Officer's Academy with outstanding performance and grades. It didn't take long for the Alkotmányvédelmi Hivatal (Constitution Protection Office), Hungary's main Intelligence Agency to show interest in him. Just a few years after joining the army, he was offered a position in said Agency, which he accepted. He was trained in counterintelligence and anti-corruption operations. His remarkable work managed to help him climb through the ranks rather quickly, earning him a commanding position in a relatively short period.

He reached peak performance when he conducted Operation ██████ in 2018, managing to uncover a corruption ring that involved several politicians, high-ranking public officials, army and police commanders, and even foreign diplomats. It was this Operation Of Dantesque proportions that earned him the Hungarian Order of Merit, and also what caused the Foundation to start showing interest in him.
1684744601484.png

Katona, on the field, commanding the last raid of Operation ██████, where Police Sergeant Miklós ██████████ and Mayor of █████, Gyula ███ were arrested for corruption and ████████.
Shortly after the mentioned Operation was finished, Katona was recruited by the Foundation due to his previous performance and abilities. Even though he was originally meant to be an Intelligence Agent due to his years in the Alkotmányvédelmi Hivatal, his expertise in anti-corruption operations made him a perfect candidate for IA. His previous experience allowed him to do a good job as an Agent, which eventually earned him the position of Ambassador. Now, willing to continue what previous Department Leaders have achieved and willing to build upon it to keep the IA the great department it is, he is trying to make his way toward Director.

Transcript IA.4.333-B
Roual Maot: Katona, have you checked the new documents on the corkboard?
Viktor Katona: I have, as a matter of fact. I can't believe ██████ broke the code of ethics in such a way and thought he'd get away with it...
Roual Maot: Yeah, good thing Agent █████ was in the area and managed to see it. That's the third arrest on this issue in a week...
Viktor Katona: Agreed. We need to continue working on it, the more we uncover, the fewer infractions will be committed.
Roual Maot: Certainly. By the way, how did the amnestication of ██████ go?..
Viktor Katona: Well it certainly [...]
End of Transcript

After becoming Director of Internal Affairs thanks to his duty as Ambassador, Katona went on a full campaign to crack down on corruption within the Foundation. Thanks to Operation 'Growing Tomatoes' (later renamed to 'Operation Mata Hari'), dozens of cases of rule breaks from personnel ranging from CL3 to CL4 were uncovered and reported to Ethics. Unfortunately, the Department of Internal Affairs would take a tragic loss with the death of Roual Maot, which led to Katona being the only Director within the Department for the rest of his career as DoIA.

During his time in the position, he pushed plenty of policies to ensure the well-being of Foundation Personnel, such as agreements with E-11 as to when and how Agents could enter HCZ, Weapon Checkpoints with very strict coordination and strategies by D-Block to avoid intruders and/or armed researchers to enter the security checkpoint and cause havoc, encouraging more investigations to be run by agents, etc.

unknown.png
20220810234846_1.jpg

D-Block checkpoint (1) and training session (2) for IA agents, two policies introduced by Katona.

After a very fruitful period as DoIA, Katona finally stepped down from the position in order to let new eager, more talented ambassadors take the position, as he strongly believed that hoarding that position forever would simply mean that eventually, he would grow tired and stop being truly helpful to Internal Affairs. Due to these reasons, he left for Site ███, where he would continue to work as an Internal Affairs ambassador for several months. Luckily for him, his will to keep improving and helping the foundation wouldn't go unnoticed by Site Administration.

Viktor Katona: You called me, sir?
Site Director ██████ ████: Yes, Katona, have a sit. We've received news from Site 65.
Viktor Katona: I see. Anything important, sir?
Site Director ██████ ████: Certainly. They wish you to join their Site Administration team.
Viktor Katona: Well, that's... That's certainly an honor, sir! But I wouldn't want to simply leave, that would mean tons of trouble for my coworkers.
Site Director ██████ ████: Don't be an idiot, Katona. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You have the experience, you have the capabilities, I am not accepting a no for an answer.
End of Transcript

Before he returned to Site 65, he of course made sure to leave all of his pending duties dealt with. Unfortunately, a week before his final transfer and consequent promotion, a breach in Site ███ exposed him to SCP-████, which turned him into SCP-████-3 and, therefore, Class-E personnel for a few weeks. Nevertheless, he managed to fully recover, but at a high price: he had to have his eye removed surgically in order to avoid the anomalous infection from killing him. Seven other people were infected, from which five died. The researcher blamed for the breach was sentenced in a tribunal and hung himself while in custody.

After his return to Site 65, it didn't take long for a struggle between the Ethics Committee and the O5 to take place. With SA caught in the middle of this chessboard of power and politics, it didn't take long for Katona to side with the Council due to the unspeakable horrors that Ethics were perpetrating in order to maintain order within the site. This was reinforced even more by the protection granted to him and other Advisors by the Council and A-1, but the thing that affected him the most was the surgery performed by O5-2 'The Cortex' in which he ████████ ████ ████████ ██ ███ Bionic eye ████████ ███ ████████████████ ████.

As things calmed down and time passed, Katona saw Directors and managers come and go for several reasons, and he knew Site Administration needed new leadership now more than ever. He had big plans and ideas; they wouldn't be easy to perform, but he trusted himself and the other Advisors, as well as the entirety of the Site personnel. From this point onwards, only time could tell what was in store for him.

Goondra "Sleepy"

Dec 9, 2022
Neutral
Good Lore
Positive Energy
Done well as SA
But
Not enough experience for SD
Has just come off LOA - I havent seen him around site to often

Reactions: Vollgas

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

Whilst your activity is questionable and you just came off LOA, you are currently the best canidate inside of SA who would be fit for SD. The time we spend together in SA was fun and you work hard. Good luck!

Moon

Jul 12, 2022
+support
help he has my kennitala please he is going to leak it if i dont +support this my family isnt safe

• Haha

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022
Right, time to reply to all of this wonderful feedback.

First of all, thank you for all the +supports, they mean a lot to me and I am glad you lads trust me enough for such a position, I promise I won't let you down.

Regarding activity concerns, they are completely valid since I just left my LOA, but ever since I came back I've played every single day, so be assured you'll have the chance to see me around more often!

Last but not least,

+ Vicente
Vicente :cool:.

help he has my kennitala please he is going to leak it if i dont +support this my family isnt safe
You can run, but you can't hide ?.

Nukegoboom

Jun 10, 2022

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████ .

Hello, @Vollgas . Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation.

After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

• Love
Reactions: 'Blue' and Vollgas
Status
Not open for further replies.