(UK) Volkgrid's Executive Researcher application

Status
Not open for further replies.

volkgrid

Aug 25, 2022
Latvia
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:426262065
Discord name: Volk#4371
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I've spent a week's worth of time on this server.
In what country are you located?: Latvia
Time zone: 3+ GMT
Character name(s): Brian "Volk" Stills [S-1 TM]
Civilian name: Volk Grid
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- NU-7 PVT (edit)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- I have never been approached for breaking the rules by any moderators
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
-I believe I can help motivate and inspire future researchers, considering how scary it is to write documents and how much time a researcher spends sitting around might be very discouraging so I want to help show new and upcoming researchers how fun it can be, I'm usually on the server pretty early as well so I could approve of documents at time's when no other executives are around to look at them.
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
- I have been writing documents and testing on SCP's for a while now, and I believe I know a lot about what it means to research and what the proper methods are to make sure it's ethical, actually useful to know, and how to have fun doing all of it at the same time.
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
-I have written 7 excellent documents, and what I believe makes a document excellent is
* Formatting - for easy readability
* Aesthetic - for good-looking, lore-fitting documents
* Grammar - Self-explanatory
* Goals - to understand what the end goal is and why such tests are useful
* Procedure - a nice well-written procedure of what the person did to make sure they understand what their doing.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
- To approve documents (and hand out rewards).
- To train, motivate and inspire any and all researchers to become the best they can be.
- To lecture and inform everyone about the capabilities, danger, and how to be responsible around SCP's
- maintain the work ethic of the research department and insure all members of the research department follow CoE and CoC (edited on due to Gat's observations)
- help IA whenever a research member is behaving against CoE or CoC (edited on due to Gat's observations)

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
I believe my Character would perform tests and experiments to gather deep lore about the SCP's he experiments on, creating theories and speculating on what their story is, trying to explain the unexplainable. He wouldn't let just do speculations however, he loves data hoarding, doing multiple tests on a singular SCP just to see what happens to each person, compiling all that information to see what does and doesn't stick, and why it wouldn't or would, getting excited about percentages is his thing. Besides all this however his given fact is to have fun, of course, whilst staying ethical about it, bringing along other researchers to his test and explaining all his stories, theories, and facts about them like a nerd.

Last edited:

Gat

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2022

+Support Leaning toward Neutral +/-

+Plenty of experience on the server.
+7 Exelent documents.
+Never been approached for breaking rules.

-I don't think that you fully understand the role.
-Lacking in lore and responsibilities section.

Hi Volk, I think you're plenty experiences enough and I belive that this role will suit you well based on your application. However I don't belive that you fully understand the role just yet, but I am happy to help so contact me on discord (Gat #4454) if you'd like and I'll be back home at around 10 and if you'd like refer to my previous application for exec "Gat's Executive Application" as that's the application that got me accepted.

Reactions: SS3920

volkgrid

Aug 25, 2022
Latvia

+Support Leaning toward Neutral +/-

+Plenty of experience on the server.
+7 Exelent documents.
+Never been approached for breaking rules.

-I don't think that you fully understand the role.
-Lacking in lore and responsibilities section.

Hi Volk, I think you're plenty experiences enough and I belive that this role will suit you well based on your application. However I don't belive that you fully understand the role just yet, but I am happy to help so contact me on discord (Gat #4454) if you'd like and I'll be back home at around 10 and if you'd like refer to my previous application for exec "Gat's Executive Application" as that's the application that got me accepted.
Hey! Thanks for the reaching out! You are pretty right, my characters lore is lacking a bit, i did realize that myself after posting. Checking the application that you submitted i see where i have a lack of understanding for the role, but in my defense, i did ask an executive in game what he thought his role and responsibilities were as an executive, and they did give me some vague answers which i had simply built off of. There was most Likely a better way, but i had chosen the simplest option.

About your discord i tried to add you but it simply said that your username was unavailable so I'd need you to add me instead.

SS3920

Aug 11, 2022
+ Support Leaning to +/- Neutral
-7 Excellent Documents
- Knows how to format
- Only good experience
- Active
- No bans or warnings

- Application is lacking
- Very short lore

- Could go into more detail about why youre suitable for exec.

Overall +Support. Good luck Brian!

Simon

Aug 27, 2021
+ Support Leaning Towards +/- Neutral

- Plenty of Excellent Documents.
- Good formatting when it comes to documents.

- Determined researcher.
- No staff punishments.
- Too Active. ;-;

- Short lore and application.
- Not very detailed.

GOOD LUCK FELLOW S-1!

Millzy

Donator
Mar 28, 2022

New Message!

To: Sr. Researcher Brian Stills
CC: Dpt. Director Jeremy Siens

Subject: Volkgrid's Executive Researcher Application

Application Accepted
Hello Brian.

Thank you for taking the time to make an Executive Researcher application. I am pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted!

Before you proceed however, please contact either myself (@Millzy) or Dpt. Director Jeremy Siens (@MrSiens) for a secondary interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.