[b]Your in-game name:Steve DDutch
Your SteamID:STEAM_0:0:456449592
Your steam community link:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198873164912
Date of ban: 26-03-2023
What is your [b]exact[/b] ban reason (shows when you try to connect): ltarp 
Who banned you: falcon
Ban length?: 12 hrs
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: not have my connection die
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes 1 warn for fearrp i think (7 months ago)
Why should you be unbanned: after being in rp i called a sit on someone my connection then died i contacted the staff member who was in my sit told him this following guidelines he did have to ban me i have video evidence if required later if connection is fixed aswell have proof of other ci memebers and moderator knowing my connection is bad recently
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: not have my connection die
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:[/b]
so i can play ci

EDIT: i aswell was taken hostage for 30minuts+ (not including staff sits into my calculations ) not 100% sure

Last edited:

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
Appeal Response

Hello @JustADutch ,

During the time in which Dutch was being interrogated by the ethics chairman and 4 O-1, One O-1 had made a report regarding "Rule Clarification" in which he had asked if it was ok to continue RP'ing that they had Dutch's Key card after EST as Dutch was claiming that he had been stripped. After clarifying with an SL member, this being Red. It had been established that the user would have to have video evidence or a Staff member there in order to negate the Key cards information from the RP situation. Without any evidence from Dutch showing this I closed the sit. After this Dutch then made a sit whilst in an RP scenario reporting the O-1 for Bug Abuse, in which both myself and @Scotsman responded to this due to him wanting a HMOD+/Escalation. During this Dutch had disconnected from the server and hadn't reconnected within 10 minutes. Therefore receiving a 12h Ban.

Regards,
@'Falcon' / Stealth

Scotsman

Oct 21, 2022
Response
Hello Dutch, So in our guidelines it states that anyone who has left and doesnt come back after a 10 min period we must look at it as LTARP due to the fact that you were indeed in RP. As i explained to you on Discord messaged i understand that you connection may have timed out but as i said we need to follow the staff guidelines which led to this ban.

I hope this helps

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @JustADutch,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

First of all, I would like to apologise for the late reply.

After speaking with both staff involved, and reading all the stories in this situation, I have decided to Accept your ban appeal because, even though you did leave the server during RP, you did make an attempt to contact the staff members involved and tell them that your connection had failed.

However, if you do know that your connection has been poor recently and that you can potential crash at any time, it's also your responsability to try avoid and getting into RP situations like these, where your presense is always required. Obviously, attempts to join the server as soon as possible should also be made (with evidence, if possible).

Both staff members acted appropriately and followed the appropriate guidelines.

As such, your ban will be removed from your record.

Kind Regards,
Rushi​

Status
Not open for further replies.