Accepted UNGOC TB Slight buff

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Gives UNGOC Thaumatologist 100 or at least 75 energy and if not allow it to have extra health

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not too my knowledge but I could be wrong

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- UNGOC TB will have more use
- I can stab people with bullet freeze on for extra time
- Makes sense because the UNGOC tends to have better Thaumatologists in lore ( I.E; Academy of Unified Thaumatology )
- Gives TB a fighting chance against SCPs and helps with countering Type-Green ( The UNGOC mostly fight KTEs when not in war )

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Balancing issues
- During wars with Foundation will make the problem of Type-Blue be exasperated

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think that the UNGOC are not fighting human players enough to make the UNGOC Type-Blue being powerful a large issue ( Unlike CI TB ).
I can see why it would be accepted and I can see how it would be denied but I reckon it would be neat :D

Ronin

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
I didn't reply to this for a long time so I did the long replies :D

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
KBAR is LT+, Orange Suit needs SL or LTGEN on and Foundation if actually doing their job and RP should not be at constant war with UNGOC
GOC regularly team with CI, giving them disguises through beams, hostages, etc. There is no RP reason to cooperate with them when they are working with a terroristic organization that actively threatens foundation, civilians, and the veil of secrecy on a daily basis.

Ronin

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
When Terrorists are a preferable option to the Foundation then maybe that should mean the Foundation should take a look at themselves and wonder why GOC work with CI more than them. ( Just some advice )
GOC regularly team with CI, giving them disguises through beams, hostages, etc. There is no RP reason to cooperate with them when they are working with a terroristic organization that actively threatens foundation, civilians, and the veil of secrecy on a daily basis.

• Haha
Reactions: Bohemia and Gizzmo

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
Type-Blue is a thaumatologist and I am not asking for the same HP and Energy as the CI TB just one or the other so either more energy or more health because at the moment Thauma is worst of both worlds
duh...

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Orange Suit needs SL Auth, Warfunds really only make an effect on surface and not in site like in 99% of QRF Missions and the Insane guns are mostly for SGT+ or LT+, I don't want SPC+ to be defenceless against SCPs that rush to GOC Base at late night
Was referring to war games
Obv warfunds aren’t going to do anything to a 049 in the facility (shocker)

• Wow
Reactions: Bush von Mann

"Recker"

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
The GOC should protect them as said in the Five Fold Mission? If Foundation has let Relations sour that much then this sorta stuff would be a wake up call to that instead of SL Intervention
Not what I was referring to - I was referring to if they come across a hostile human

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
KBAR is LT+, Orange Suit needs SL or LTGEN on and Foundation if actually doing their job and RP should not be at constant war with UNGOC
Constant? No shot you are COMPLAINING about scps breaching to surface while E11 is in the mines being murdered every 3 minutes during a breach.
All your replies make it seem like you believe the entire server revolves around GOC (Which it doesnt surprisingly), You claim that your faction "Needs more" despite it being the same as CI, Really good combative options if command are on (Its balanced around this because of the assumption that you'd be using a lot of your kit during raids that only COs can auth)
This is nothing but a cope suggestion.

Ronin

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
Constant? No shot you are COMPLAINING about scps breaching to surface while E11 is in the mines being murdered every 3 minutes during a breach.
All your replies make it seem like you believe the entire server revolves around GOC (Which it doesnt surprisingly), You claim that your faction "Needs more" despite it being the same as CI, Really good combative options if command are on (Its balanced around this because of the assumption that you'd be using a lot of your kit during raids that only COs can auth)
This is nothing but a cope suggestion.
I am just gonna end it here as, GOC Thauma has nothing, No Tac Tablet, No Primary, No Secondary, No Grenades or even hacking devices. As a result would it be too much to ask for 100 energy and 100 HP or if that's too much 50 energy and 250hp? Also regarding you last point, cope about what? I just want a underused job to be better.

1709672085311.png

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
As if we're ever allowed to deploy OSuit ;_; the amount of times I've had to reiterate OSuit rules to admins and still get denied is maddening
skill issue on US, UK deploys OSuits like every other femtosecond

• Sad
Reactions: The Guardian

The Guardian

Sep 22, 2023
The point of the GOC TB is research purposes, not being combative. Your kits within GOC are some of the best on the server, just because one job is less suited for combat (Because it was never supposed to be combative) doesn't mean that it needs a buff. Let it have its intended purpose and not fuel the combative aspect of a roleplay oriented job.
GOC TB was always supposed to be combative, the job description states it being a combat unit.

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
I am just gonna end it here as, GOC Thauma has nothing, No Tac Tablet, No Primary, No Secondary, No Grenades or even hacking devices. As a result would it be too much to ask for 100 energy and 100 HP or if that's too much 50 energy and 250hp? Also regarding you last point, cope about what? I just want a underused job to be better.

View attachment 13848
yes, that's why it has so many -supports.
-support

Last edited:

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
GOC TB was always supposed to be combative, the job description states it being a combat unit.
1709691204273.png
Emphasis on LOW level, and focused on RESEARCHING. Its creation is pretty clearly a RP orientated job.
-support

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
I had an admin tell me OSuit couldn't be used against humans, it is tragic over here :<
>GOC is fighting someone
>GOC is losing
>”Sir! We need more backup! Call in the Orange Suit”
>Yeah sorry chief but the big mini tank in a suit with guns made for both anomalies and humans, yeah we can’t use it on humans
>”THE FUCK YOU MEAN WE CANT USE IT ON HUMANS”

• Haha
Reactions: The Guardian
Status
Not open for further replies.