Accepted Update FearRP Rule

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Update the FearRP rule.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Currently the rule can be loopholed and is very vague in regards to gunpoint, Type Blue and other varying situations. There is no clear message sent out to players saying that "in every situation in order to be placed under FearRP a gun must be pointed at you" (the amount of armed people in the offenders group must outnumber the amount of armed people in your own group). Another situation is that in a previous staff sits they seem to think that you must be given an order to be placed under FearRP however, the rule clearly shows that you do not need to give an order but instead follow one of the examples of "Grounds for FearRP".

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It would take a bit of time for people to re-learn this rule.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It should be accepted because players are being unfairly warned at the moment and updating the FearRP rule means that staff can base their punishments off of an updated and detailed rule so that they don't have to tell players that "having someone under gun point is implied in the FearRP rule". Even if you follow one of the examples that they have listed in the current FearRP rule like:

"Having your weapon out but still being surrounded and outnumbered 2:1."

You can still be warned for either not giving the subject an order or for not having a gun pointed at the person or even for not being armed. This example implies that when you outnumber and surround someone that is armed, they are under FearRP. Nowhere does it say that you must have a gun nor does it say that you must give them an order.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
it's all well and good to say the rule needs to be updated but what about it do you want to be changed??

Generic

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
I have listed what should be added and what should be changed in the suggestion. The examples they list in the rules and the examples they use as reference in their staff sits do not represent the reasons they warn people for.

Generic

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
I am suggesting that SL look at the rule and change it, it was made when every rule was made and hasn't been reworked since. They may not have paid as much attention to the detail as required. I have been told to make this suggestion by SL if I think the rule is outdated according to the warns given out to players.

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
What exactly are you looking to get changed? You give examples of the rule but don't express proposed changes.

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
One thing I will add on is FearRP on Reality Benders. Ik SSL/NL/Execs have said Reality Benders can't be fearrped but this is never properly clarified. Just one thing they did mention (they said TB but TBs are reality benders so...)
I have no clue who the fuck said that was a rule still... It's never stated in rules

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
One thing I will add on is FearRP on Reality Benders. Ik SSL/NL/Execs have said Reality Benders can't be fearrped but this is never properly clarified. Just one thing they did mention (they said TB but TBs are reality benders so...)
as far as ive heard Reality benders can only be FearRP'd when restrained

Free "Spirit"

Apr 30, 2023
as far as ive heard Reality benders can only be FearRP'd when restrained
i remember calling a sit and asking for server leadership what i was told is reality benders can be fearped 2:1 normally however if its 1:1 but the reality bender has his swep out its fine

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
Suggestion Accepted

Hi @Generic,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

We're currently in the process of revising the FearRP rule, so expect to see some changes soon.​

Status
Not open for further replies.