Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ternith Plague

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Dec 13, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:234721838
Discord name: dr_ternith_plague
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I've played since mid-December, counting close to 2 months.
In what country are you located?: United States
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Akura "Decrypt" Ovaiss [SCPF], Akinari "Undeath" DuBois [GOC]
Civilian name: Malachite Ovaiss
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes.
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: I'm currently holding a GOC LCPL whitelist, an Executive Researcher whitelist, and an Overseer Assistant whitelist (mainly as "Decrypt").
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?: I've yet to receive any warnings, kicks, or bans.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?:
I am applying for Deputy Director of Research due to my previous experience and capability to hold the role. As shown previously in my experiences as an Executive, I've many projects to conduct, and receiving the position of Deputy Director would certainly help further these projects. I also aim to assist Researchers directly with their tests in the realms of set-up and formatting, since it seems Research is lacking in such a field. Finally, I'm aiming to apply to provide better, more direct events for Research staff such as providing new SCPs for Researchers to test on (even if a temporary provision) and field captures of currently unidentified SCPs.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I'm primarily suitable for Deputy Director for three reasons. My first reason is maturity. Despite being pushed and shoved, I've been continually remaining calm and mature in high-stress situations, providing the best possible solutions when possible. I'm also suitable due to my previous interactions with personnel directly. Whenever I answer questions - it's commonly in a manner that's clear, concise, and straight to the point instead of jumping through every single hurdle and making the process go slowly. Finally, I'm suitable for the Deputy Director position due to my experience and information through diving into the Wiki. While many can dive into the Wiki as deeply as I have, I'm also capable of providing direct information blurbs from SCPs, events occurring in the Wiki Tales, and other such items that could directly correlate with events and research occurring.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The Deputy Director of Research is responsible for a myriad of tasks on-site. The Deputy Director handles the approval of tests requiring authorization from the [Deputy] Director of Research, providing feedback on said documents before giving official blessings if required. The [Deputy] Director also handles communication for inter-department relations, providing new avenues of interaction between the Research Department and all other departments. Finally, the [Deputy] Director of Research is responsible for accepting, declining, or otherwise putting on-hold any applications for the position of Executive Researcher, and maintaining the current activity and stability status for Executive Researchers on-site, ensuring they hold up to the standards of a Junior Clearance Level-4, and that they do not act mingy or cause breaches on total purpose.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
As 90% of you know by now, I dislike formatting backstories on the forums. So, as an alternative, I've placed all of my character's lore onto my lore docs below. New document(s) have, of course, been outlined with a [NEW] tag. Enjoy!
[NEW]

Reactions: Pupper

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
+support
Probably the most active executive researcher who tries to push for the most rp, would do well as DoR

World

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023

Pupper

Jun 6, 2023
+support
no warnings ever??? god
good resarcher goodr rp but said i cant deep frie the dodo birds in the dodo bir event

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
+Support
Active Exec
Rp god
Funny and Professional
Research needs someone like him, badly.

Akura is one of the best researchers I know, and a good role-player (he's a gamemaster guys, what a surprise there). Active on the job, always lighting up the room with his humor and ideas, Research is that department that needs role-players the most, same with medical department. Research is desperate for someone to fill in Iota's shoes, and needs Executive's too. I have my full faith in Akura that he will be able to make that judgement call on who is appropriate for Executive Researcher, and not only that, but to create/maintain new Research policies/guidelines.

You have my 100% support Akura, you deserve it. Good Luck!

Fricky Hecks

Nov 7, 2023
+Support
Despite me being from UK (very scary, i know), my encounters with you based on my visits to US & your own visit to UK, it was clear to see you are especially passionate about Research & your respective sub-departments in US. Your skills in RPing in various scenarios is amazing & I don't think there's a better fit for DoR.
also good app, best of luck brother :)

Aura

Game Master
Game Master
Aug 12, 2023
+Major Support
-Good at RP
-Best choice out of the rest
-Don't really has any negatives

Status
Not open for further replies.