What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher (Nearly 3 months), Seraph-9 Operative

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
No

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
My motivation for applying as Director of Research stems from the desire to drive a positive shift in attitude within the position. Previous Directors have demonstrated limitations in their communication skills and flexibility, leading to a disconnect between Research and SA/SL, among other departments. I am committed to bridging this gap and fostering a culture of strong collaboration among departments.

In the past, we have encountered instances where SL proposed changes intended to benefit Research and sought our input. Unfortunately, these situations escalated into heated arguments due to the behavior of previous Directors, which I find entirely unacceptable. I’m hoping to be able to mend this relationship and promote constructive discussions.

Another change I’d like to make is to the onboarding of Junior Researchers. These men and women are the future of our department, and we should do everything we can to empower and retain them. Currently we simply aren’t doing enough. I’d like to make changes to make Senior Researchers and Executive Researchers more focused on mentoring these new researchers, as they were all originally intended to do so by rewarding them for doing so. The reality is research is key to the server’s success, and new researchers are key to our growth – we need to start treating them as such. I spend a large majority of my time doing so and love it and I hope to get others to help out.

Additionally, with 21 Executive Researchers in our ranks, I believe it is necessary to enhance our candidate selection process. Since the cap on Executive Researchers was removed, we have become excessively lenient in accepting candidates. I advocate for promoting a more rigorous selection criteria and demanding the best from our applicants. If the reinstatement of a cap is proposed, I would support such a measure since I honestly kind of find it difficult to get to know everyone and form a meaningful working relationship with all the new people we are bringing on.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
As an active member of this server for nearly a year, my primary focus and immersion has been with Research. Over the past two months as an Executive, I've approached every opportunity as a chance to learn and develop.

What sets me apart is my unique ability to embrace humility and genuinely value constructive feedback. I firmly believe that continuous growth and adaptation are essential for effective leadership. By maintaining this mindset, I am committed to serving Research with unwavering dedication and effectiveness.

I’m ready to foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement. I am committed to leading by example, actively seeking input from peers, and leveraging their experience to drive positive change.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
  • Creation and continued maintenance of official research documents (handbooks, rosters, etc.)
  • Accepting/denying Executive Researcher applications
  • Onboarding new Executives and mentoring wherever possible
  • Connect with other departmental leaders and site staff for the betterment of the Foundation with a concentration in Research
  • Authorizing higher level tests/samples
  • Enable the Executive Research team to be effective at their duties in any way possible

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Dr. Julian Blackwood, affectionately known as Jules, is a black Roman Catholic man hailing from Boston, Massachusetts. Born into a religious family he was forced to prevent it from affecting his studies, a challenge made even more difficult by his personal assignment: SCP-076, a prominent religious figure. For the pair, the story only starts there as the dynamic between them is ever growing.

jules.jpg

Gure

Donator
Apr 4, 2023
WA, Australia
+support
really good application
been an exec for long time

personally never seen before, probably due to timezones

still a +support

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Clearance Level: 4
To: Dr. Julian Blackwood
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Hello, @Dr. Julian Blackwood . Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be denied. Elaboration on your denial is available if you decide to get in contact with Site Administration. You may re-apply in two weeks' time.

Status
Not open for further replies.