[US] Jay Rowling's Deputy DoR Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowling

Jan 14, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:144212973
Discord name: RowlingBall#9311
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I've been playing for about 2 months and 2 weeks, I have 16 days of total play time
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Jay Rowling [Lead BoE]
Civilian name: Jack Rowling
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?:
-
Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- MTF E-11 CPL [Holding]
- Exec. Researcher [Holding]
- SCP-096 [Holding]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- 3x Micspam 1 Still Active

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
- The Department of Research is the role I dedicate the most time per day to when on site. With the recent promotion of our Department Director, Randal Murphy to Ethics Committee Member, and the moving up of Deputy Department Director, John Iceland. There is now an open spot for the Deputy seat. I wish to take it up and assist John with improving upon and maintaining the work that Randal has put in during his time as DoR, in order to improve the research department for the better. I also wish to be in a position to help more people with their experience with Research, and do that to a greater degree. My secondary goal is obtaining the needed experience to eventually continue climbing the ladder as this is a Senior CL.4 position

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
- I have gained a lot of Junior CL4 experience along with just about as much research experience as possible in my time as an executive. I also have a very good understanding of all current guidelines surrounding research. I am the most active Executive Researcher on site and am available at most hours throughout the day if needed. However, activity and experience are not the only traits required to be a Department Director. I believe I possess the qualifying trait of having what it takes when needed to be strict, and disciplining those who deserve it, but maintain fair judgment. In the example of a Dpt Director that would include verbally warning your executives, or having to remove their credentials.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

THE EXECUTIVE TEAM

- A Director of Research is responsible for the recruitment of new
Executive researchers, as well as managing those already apart of the team. you will be expected to be active and communicative with your Executives. You will be expected to be meeting with the Exec team weekly, as well as taking in the concerns the Executive Researchers have regarding but not limited to, fellow executives, Research policy, questions they may have, or being able to handle criticism from the Execs regarding yourself.

REASEARCH DEPARTMENT
- The oversight of the research department is one of the top priorities of a DoR. This would mostly be done through the Executive Research Team, however there are many scenarios that include direct involvement of the DoR, this is usually things that take an executive researcher but require a higher level of responsibility., examples being test sign off on SCP-008-2 samples, or the sign off on Keter-Safe or Euclid-Euclid cross testing. The Dpt. Director is also responsible for listening to concerns from the members of the Research Department as well as acting upon issues for the department.

Communications
- The Director of Research holds the responsibility of directly communicating with members of Site Administration, and Site Command. Constant communication with Site Administration in order to uphold and create Research Documentation regarding, rules, regulations, and Research guidelines. Communication with Site Command is required on behalf of Ethics to make sure the Research guidelines are upholding the CoE properly. Finally communication with the ████████ ███████ is needed so they can insure that the department is running efficiently and smoothly and being taken care of in the right hands. Outside of Site Command and Administration the Dpt Director has to uphold relations with the other departments, especially Epsilon-11 and General Security, as they will be working closely together more than any other regiment or division.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

DataNull

Oct 31, 2022
+Support

- Active
- Great amount of experience since becoming an Executive
- Puts lots of effort into his job

b00barian

Feb 6, 2023
+support active members of the research department, who has proved their leadership potential through running the board of education

Meme Man

Game Master
Game Master
Sep 28, 2022
+Support
-Active
-Knows when to be professional and when to be fun
-Chill dude
-Mature

Mike7

Feb 3, 2023
+Support
- Great guy
- Active
- Knowledgeable
- Skilled
- Professional

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
SCP Foundation.png

RAISA
Records and Information Security Administration

From the Office of ████████

Regarding Research Director Applicant - Jay Rowling
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Application Denied
Thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Site-56's Research Director

After much deliberation, your application has been denied at this time. You may reapply again in two weeks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.