Zero Hero

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:571768

Discord name:
Don't forget Hawaii#8207

For how long have you played on CG SCP:
I first joined CG SCP in January of last year, and was active between January-May. I have only recently come back from hiatus, with just over a week of playtime in total.

In what country are you located?:
East Coast, USA

Time zone:
EST

Character name(s):
Kyle Ringer, Silvio Fonti

Civilian name:
Alexander Deacon (may have changed since I used the civilian character while GM’ing for events.)

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
C.I. Beta: March-May (2022)
Site Director: March-May (2022)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
N/A​

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
I am applying for Executive Researcher, as I have taken an interest in furthering the Research Department’s goals, and I see myself in the shoes of an Executive Researcher, being able to assist in such goals. The Research Department is always in need of Executives with the experience under their belt. These Executives aren’t just here to conduct higher-level tests, but need to mentor Junior staff and help mold the Department into a beacon of excellence among the other departments on-site. Knowing this, I want to apply for Executive Researcher to fill this exact role.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I am suitable for Executive Researcher due to my efforts as a Senior Researcher. I have hosted seminars for Foundation personnel, mentored Junior Researchers, and I have put much work into my own research, in addition to helping others in their fields of research. I always try to work as a team, and do my best to cultivate an environment of fun and creative roleplay.
Additionally, my prior tenure as Site Director of Site-56 gives me unparalleled experience in the role of a leader, and it shows that this wouldn’t be my first time handling a leadership position on-site. I always worked very closely with the Research Department, and my interactions with the Research Department’s leadership has set an example for me to live by in my duties as an Executive Researcher myself.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
This was just under a year ago, so my memory doesn’t serve, but I know that I wrote at least two excellent documents as a Researcher, and more as Site Director. Additionally, being entrusted to grade documents myself as Site Director has made me familiar with the exceptional work it takes to make a document truly excellent.

In order for a document to be considered “Excellent” it must be the following:
  1. A worthwhile, and creative document. In the case of Research, the experiment must be unique and conducted professionally.
  2. A detailed report, with an exceptional Hypothesis, Procedure, and Conclusion. It must properly outline it’s intentions, how it was conducted, and the data collected. A must have for any excellent document is a conclusion which utilizes the Researcher’s own critical thinking skills to analyze the results of the experiment.
  3. Visually pleasing, often with images to complement it without being overbearing, or detracting from the main theme of the document.
  4. Must follow the theme of the SCP Foundation. Essentially, it needs to feel like something you’d actually find in the SCP’s database.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
Executive Researchers are the managers of the Research Department. While they may still continue to test SCPs themselves, it is a priority to be managing the Department to ensure smooth, productive operations throughout the day. There are a variety of things that an Executive Researcher can do to complete this task, such as hosting seminars to orient new researchers, giving Junior Researchers first-hand experience by helping them along through their first test, or organizing the Research Department into groups to rapidly churn out well-done tests. It’s often that I find Researchers with no clue how to right a sufficient experiment log, so instead of giving them a poor grade, it should be the Executive Researcher’s goal to seek out any staff requiring assistance, and providing constructive feedback. A constructive Research Department is a productive Research Department, and Executives are there to ensure this remains the case.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Kyle Ringer was a Researcher originating from Site-██, often working on surface projects as a sort of “Field Scribe”. This, to most, was considered the worst job one could land within the Research Department. His duties often consisted of working with Mobile Task Forces on deployment to provide advisory on anomalies in the field, often giving briefings regarding the knowns and unknowns about anomalies the Operatives would expect to be handling. As time went on, Researcher Ringer saw a sad futility to his efforts. Reading whatever wasn’t redacted within the After Action Reports, Ringer took note of the grievous casualties that Task Forces would sustain, even despite his best efforts. This led to Ringer wanting more out of his career, forcing him to one of two options, either stepping up his game to try and earn a spot within a facility, or resign himself to his role as a Field Technician.

Ringer couldn’t strike himself out of a chance at advancing his career, so he took the first opportunity to move forward. A newly-founded Senior Researcher at this point, Ringer was left in-charge of his team of Field Technicians. This gave him the authority to reform existing procedures, which allowed for a more efficient and safe method of handling unknown anomalies. This made him stand out among his peers as one who could solve issues with leadership and planning skills. This continued as his duties for several years until a near-fatal incident with The Serpent’s Hand, where an Intelligence operation to find stolen SCPs ended in a large-scale ambush, leaving Ringer gravely wounded. He lost the ability to walk normally, and often carries a cane around to assist his mobility. This incident left Ringer unfit as a Field Technician, and he packed up his work thinking his life with the Foundation was over, until an email popped up onto the terminal on his desk.

[OPERATIONAL STATUS UPDATE]
[OPENING FILE…]
[BEGIN LOG]

“Greetings, Senior Researcher.”

“Of course, we know you don’t expect to be known by that title anymore. Neither do we. While we’ve seen your better days, you know it’s time for a change.”

“Your exploits in the field makes you more than a worthy applicant, it’s time to hang up that hat and move on to greener pastures.”

“I hear you asking, ‘applicant?’ Yes, whether you accept it or not, you’re much better suited elsewhere. Perhaps you could just achieve your goals of becoming a member of Site Research? That’s right, we’ve known your interests in it for years now, but wouldn’t bother to consider you, seeing as you fit perfectly on the field.”

“Thankfully for you, perhaps that ambush only furthered your goals, even if it took a piece of you with it.”

"But we have a much better proposition for you."

“Enough with the pleasantries for now, Executive Researcher. You are to report to Site-56 immediately. A UH-60 from MTF-██ (“Royal Chauffeurs”) is en route to deliver you. Report to Administrative Floor 3 upon arrival. Do not keep us waiting."

[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]
[END LOG]

Being a newly appointed Executive Researcher, Ringer would still be well-suited in his old role of managing a team of Researchers, and his experience on the field makes him eligible for story lines involving GoIs and external forces. His encounter with the Serpent’s Hand also makes him vengeful, feeding a possible flaw within his character to view the Serpent's Hand with more emotion and emphasis rather than reasoning. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Randalls

Oct 26, 2022
Incoming Message: Directorate of Site-56 Research

==========================================================================================================

LE82H2w.png

==========================================================================================================

Greetings, Kyle!

I would first like to thank you for expressing interest into, and taking the time to apply for the position of Executive Researcher within the Site-56 Research Department. This effort is much appreciated.

Upon review, your application has been moved to pending status.

Your time as a Senior Researcher has been recognized, due to this I would like to interview you regarding your application for Executive Researcher.

You will be contacted.

For questions, please contact myself over email. (asomeJFK#7561)

You may re-apply in 2 weeks time if this application is denied.

=========================================================================================================​

Randalls

Oct 26, 2022
Incoming Message: Directorate of Site-56 Research

LE82H2w.png

Greetings, Kyle!

I would first like to thank you for expressing interest into, and taking the time to apply for the position of Executive Researcher within the Site-56 Research Department. This effort is much appreciated.

Upon review, your application has been accepted.

Your time as a Senior Researcher has been recognized, please contact my email to receive your training, you may contact your local RAISA Officer (server staff) to receive your credentials. (whitelist)

For further questions, please contact myself over email. (asomeJFK#7561)

=========================================================================================================​

Status
Not open for further replies.