Not open for further replies.

Ben Banks

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 15, 2022
Name: Alexander "Oblivion" Ax
Steam ID: 76561198990261612
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA: USA
Level of appeal (2 or 3): 2
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: Yes, I have carried out my level 1 appeal to DEA manager "Wick" and he denied it only stating "the ban was justified, joint decision from DEA management"
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: DEA manager "Wick"
Rank demoted from: Senior Agent
Who demoted you?: Special agent "California"
Date of demotion?:11/03/2024
What is the case against you?: Firstly the case was as stated by special agent "California" Insubordination, presumably he meant him telling me to uncuff him (he was disguised as mcnd and didn't respond to a code word check) after I appealed it to wick he changed the reason to " not following protocol and kidnapping " (I'm going to address both in this appeal)
Is this true?: The first claim of insubordination is false as there was no way of knowing at the moment that the disguised mcnd was who he claimed to be (as he didn't respond to a code word check). The other 2 other claims about not following protocol and kidnapping are also untrue as kidnapping CI is written in the DEA guidelines as the thing we should do. 1710244830918.png
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: Never demoted, Never warned, Never verbally warned by DEA.
Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: None.
What is your side of the story?:

So what happened is I cuffed a disguised mcnd (special agent California) which didn't respond to a code word
After that, he started to break out and said "If you don't uncuff me right now I'm gonna strike you" So me following the procedures with him not passing the code work check I started to walk to the foundation with him gagged and blindfolded (talking while gagged later in a sit saying he didn't know that you can't do that which is, to be honest not a great thing to say as a special agent, same with the breaking out) after I took him inside the gate he threatened me again saying "I'm a special agent if you don't uncuff me right now I'm gonna job ban you" which as I said before I had no reason to believe that. The rest way down he was afk/quiet and after I ESTed him, following the procedures in place when someone claims they are someone else and there is no way to prove it (ofc with a licensed senior doctor).

After that, he called Pyro to ban me from DEA for 1D.

In conclusion, this special agent showed no knowledge of even basic stuff like not talking while gagged or the DEA codeword so he got mad at me for following the procedures of cuffing him and bringing him to the EST machine. (edited)

Important evidence: https://files.fm/u/6zmv49umgu
The first clip: shows me getting the disguise
Second clip: shows me code work checking him and him not responding
Third clip: Shows me cuffing him and him threatening me
Fourth clip: Continuation of the third one with him breaking out all the way to base
Fifth clip: He threatens me again
The last clip: Shows him claiming to not know basic rules like not talking while gagged or fearp
Note for all clips:
-SteelSeries doesn't record my audio
-The audio is present but he just isn't saying anything most of the time other than threats

Shark

Jun 4, 2023
APPEAL RESPONSE

Hello @Ben Banks, thank you for taking the time to make an appeal. Your level one appeal should have been done with the Special Agent himself but as an Agency Manager responded, I will be reviewing your level two appeal.

There are several issues that I wish to bring up with the reasoning you've provided.

1: You shouldn't have codeword checked a person who you suspected to be disguised on surface. While codewords do not have strict guidelines, you should have a valid in-character reason to codeword check a person. Codewords are only meant to be used within DEA and you should only ever use them on other DEA members. DEA members who are disguised should never be codeworded while disguised, this is basic informational security. On top of this, to my knowledge you used an old codeword that is no longer in use and you conducted the check in a public area (at HH). In this case, you lacked proper reasoning and improperly conducted the code word check.

2: We have an active treaty with CI to not kidnap their operatives while on surface, in exchange they do the same. While this can simply be forgiven due to ignorance of the treaty (I've checked your join date and the last time we've reminded people of this.) It still goes against department policies and compounded with the previous issues.

There's a lesser issue you've causing myself personally and the Deputy Director Joseph Von Claus.

3: You've failed to follow chain of command in several instances, have been abrasive in DMs, and continued to harass myself and Joseph for whitelists you shouldn't have. I've personally asked that you do not continue to ask myself, nor Joseph about accessing the newly created "Field Agent" whitelist as a Senior Agent. We've ruled that it would be a Special Agent+ job and as such would be restricted for all Senior Agents. Despite this, you have continued to contact me and Joseph attempting to convince us that the whitelist should be given. This personal experience was taken into account when this situation was brought to my attention. Although, this wasn't weighted against you heavily.

While I'm concerned with my Special Agent's behavior during that situation, I've spoken to him myself and he shouldn't ever be doing something like that again. Ignorance of the rules doesn't change anything and threatening punishments to get out of an in character situation is wrong. If you continue to see this type of behavior from him, reach out to one of the DEA Managers.

All these reasonings above compounded into one punishment, resulting in the removal of your Senior Agent status and a one day job ban.

Due to the evidence you've provided to me and your personal testimony although with California's, I have reviewed your appeal and determined that your job ban is justified. As such, your appeal has been DENIED. If you feel there was bias/abuse in my decision making, you may escalate this to a level three appeal where SSL/NL will review your appeal. If you choose to escalate, please provide SSL/NL reasoning behind your escalation along with evidence if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.