[USA] Alpha's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): Alpha Toon

How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): 64h (I collectively have around 300+ hours if you count my total playtime)

In what country are you located?: USA

Time zone:EST/GMT -5

Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): Mark "Alpha" Nagoa

Chaos name (include your rank): N/A

Civilian name: N/A

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:63342454

Do you have a mic?: I do have a microphone.

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
This is my first staff application in the Civil Gamers community.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I do not have any active infractions, however I should note that at the start of the UK server, I received 1 warning for breaking the "Golden Rule".

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:
I do have previous experience as a staff member in various communities ranging from small to large. The gamemodes these communties hosted varied with some bringing in more trolls than others.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
I have experience in a variety of gamemodes ranging from semi-serious to strict. Some of these gamemodes include MRP (Nutscript), SantosRP, and HaloRP.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
Weekdays - 4-5 | Weekends - 10+

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:
The reason I'm applying is that I like to help people. Whether it's helping people in-game or out of game, I often find myself helping people. Also with the amount of players that the server gets on a daily basis, I feel that there isn't enough staff on at a time to deal with everyone's issues and by having more, response times could be quicker. It also boils down to wanting to help make the roleplay experience more enjoyable for players as the constant trolls tend to interrupt the roleplay experience.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
In my experience as staff, I feel that I've gained a lot of skills that help in the moderation of a community/server. I have a lot of patience, so I'm able to stay calm and collected when interacting with people. Being a member of staff isn't strictly about handing out punishments, but knowing when to hand them out and trying to get people to understand why they shouldn't do what they did. It also helps to know when a person is truly just there to ruin others enjoyment vs doing something by mistake. While it doesn't directly relate to staffing, I feel that as someone who mains Internal Affairs, the job helps to better understand how people act and you get a sense of how to deal with situations.

Last edited:

harryman

May 1, 2022
+/- Neutral leaning to +support
+good app
+previous staff experience

+/-havent seen much
+/-low play time

I 100% believe that if you get more play time and interact with the community more you'll get it

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
+good app

+/-havent seen much
+/-low play time

I 100% believe that if you get more play time and interact with the community more you'll get it
Thanks for the response. I do realize that my current playtime is a bit low for a lot of people and I definitely hope to interact with you more being that I mainly play IA and you're one of the Ambassadors. I have a distinctive look, rocking aviators, a "pinkish" shirt and a vest.

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021
+good app

+/-havent seen much
+/-low play time

Solidus

May 23, 2022
+good app

+/-havent seen much
+/-low play time

Also my thoughts on this app.

CRD716

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Content Team
Mar 20, 2021
Texas
+good app

+/-havent seen much
+/-low play time

Smith Johnson

Aug 7, 2021
+ Support
I have read your application and noted the following.
Activity
Maturity
Good Application
Past Staff experience
Good interactions

Damon "Gypsy" M.

May 26, 2022
+ Support

+ Good Activity
+ Good Application
+ Past Staff experience
+ Great Availability

+/- No personal interactions of yet

Larry Hummer

Mar 31, 2022
Hell, Ohio
+Support
+ Previous experience
+ Played in SRP servers prior
+ Good application
+ Good activity

Overall good application, but I just want to know how much time (ballparked) you have in terms of total moderation experience

Yukiri

Jul 4, 2022
+/- Neutral Leaning to +Support
+ Good Application
+ Past Experience

+/- Haven't seen much
+/- Unknown amount of staff experience

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
+Support
+ Previous experience
+ Played in SRP servers prior
+ Good application
+ Good activity

Overall good application, but I just want to know how much time (ballparked) you have in terms of total moderation experience
I couldn't give an exact time, but I've been staff as early as 2013 and have held many positions in the years to follow. Anywhere from a simple mod, up to community manager. As well as owning a few servers.

OnyxIsOne

Feb 19, 2022
Application Accepted

Hi @Alpha Toon,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, please join the Interview Waiting Room in TeamSpeak and put "Waiting for Interview" in your name so we can proceed with the next stage of the process.​

Status
Not open for further replies.