[USA] Coral Lycensoft Director of Medicine Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coral Lycensoft

Feb 27, 2023
Steam ID:76561198094235638

Discord name: Spotycoffee#2709

For how long have you played on CG SCP

483 hours

In what country are you located?

UK

Time zone:

GMT

Character name

Coral Lycensoft

Civilian name

Ana Jhonson

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):

SCPRP USA

Do you have a mic?:

Yes, its my primary form of communication. Many know and recognise my voice so its always hard for me to stay hidden if someone’s chasing after me.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

Prior Medical consultant, prior NU-7 PVT and current Ethics Assistant.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?

Nope! I’m too much of a goody two shoes, no warns or anything of such. I always avoid breaking rules and aim to always abide by them.

Why are you applying for the Director of Medicine?

• Well, in my current assistant role I’ve been watching over medical mainly. I know all of the rules and always punish medical staff misusing the equipment they have access too. Before my current role I was a part of the medical lead team as a consultant as well, I genuinely love the work that the medical department gives out. Those who know me, know that I strived to improve the medical department and ensure that all rules were followed.
  • I don’t want to sugar-coat it, but I wish to improve the overall health of the foundation, both physically and mentally. I also wish to crack down on the issues of drug abuse, through regulation and ensuring that no drugs are given out under false pretences. As that only increases the facilities drug abuse problem.
  • I really wish to gain the experience of a SR cl4 personal, and improve my roleplay overall, getting this role will allow me to get one step closer to my larger goal.

What makes you suitable for Director of Medicine?

• I get along swimmingly with all the medical command staff and am good with mentoring. I’ve held multiple medical lectures before resigning from my consultant position to focus on my assistant role. But after a month now I can say that I’m able to consistently oversee medical and ensure it prospers!
  • People who know me can also say that I always remain professional, I listen to both sides of every argument and make my final choice accordingly. I’m fair and unbiased and only lose my temper when its required. However, I use my anger in moderation.
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Medicine in RP?

• The responsibility of the DoM is to overlook the applications of consultants and ensure they allow in the best candidates that will shine in the role!
  • They are to approve or deny any projects that may include any of their personal, to ensure both their staff’s safety but the safety of those involved in said project. This also includes ensuring any day-to-day medical duties in terms of overlooking and observing to keep all in a steady balance.
  • They are to communicate with other departments. Especially if it includes medical reasonings, this may be for training of MTF field medics, or other staff to ensure everyone is physically healthy in all departments if a medical personal is unable to be stationed there.

Please give some lore about your Director of Medicine character and what storylines they would be involved in

After resigning as a consultant, coral felt as if something was missing. Despite her new role- she felt a small part of her being unfufilled as an assistant. Her old habits of patching up emotionally and physically injured paichents persisted, she went to medical centre consistantly to ensure all was well. Not by command, oh no. By choice, to her it was a form of home sickness. She always found herself carrying a first aid kit and a smile, all she's ever wished for is the well being of all around her. Even if the person in question yells obsenities at her.
Coral remained with her medical and ethical morals, so when she spotted a position of Director of medicine open up, she couldnt stop herself from applying! Especially after thinking about old memories fromed from medical, and her genuine enjoyment of the medical role. Combat is something she only saves as a last resort. All she could do now is wait.

Gure

Donator
Apr 4, 2023
WA, Australia
+SUPPORT
-Has experience within the medical department as a consultant
-Multiple cl4 job experience
-very nice among the community
-would be a good pick for DoM

Reactions: Coral Lycensoft

Josher

Jan 17, 2023
I dont even have words that could think about reflecting in a negative light for coral. Amazing person
Sweet as a peach
Doesn't yell and scream to make you understand
Works through problems at your pace and helps everytime you need it
I could not think of someone better for this position if you put all applicants before and after infront of me
I wish you the best of luck forever coral.

Liberator

Jun 18, 2022
Neutral
I've haven't interacted with you much but personally, I've never seen you on consultant, and from my perspective you're mainly on ECA.
I think that you should double down on ECA and possible join EC. I don't doubt that you have what it takes for DoM, but to each their own :>

Reactions: blixer

Coral Lycensoft

Feb 27, 2023
Neutral
I've haven't interacted with you much but personally, I've never seen you on consultant, and from my perspective you're mainly on ECA.
I think that you should double down on ECA and possible join EC. I don't doubt that you have what it takes for DoM, but to each their own :>
To explain, i worked through medical to get to ECA. However to ensure I have the best chances of getting the role, when i do apply for ECM i need SR cl4 experience. DOM was the rold i though best suitied me for it considering my prior experience.

• Wow
Reactions: Liberator

Rowling

Jan 14, 2023
-Support
- same reason as Rev stated, no longer in the Medical Department, however still a good person ?

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
- Support

No longer a Medical Consultant, I'd say reapply for it before hand
i get this is a place for opinion sharing to promote peoples input on applications but this being a main reason to "-support" someone for a slot is something id like to address, she has experience as a consultant and even with her current job she has always been there to assist medical however we request given her role has the power to do what she can. also with this logic O5 / Ethics and site admin would only 100% recruit from their direct underlings which is not always the case as myself and many other people have been assistant skipped when getting into o5/ethics.

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
- major support

- Not In Medical Department
- Bad Interactions

I have frequently witnessed Coral yelling at foundation personnel with anger, instead of calmly discussing and correcting their mistakes. Additionally, Coral is no longer working in the medical department, but as a consultant handling the priorities of ethics assistant. I am concerned that this could be detrimental to Coral, as I have observed toxic behavior and anger from her towards others in the past.​

Coral Lycensoft

Feb 27, 2023
- major support

- Bad Interactions

I have frequently witnessed Coral yelling at foundation personnel with anger, instead of calmly discussing and correcting their mistakes. Additionally, Coral is no longer working in the medical department, but as a consultant handling the priorities of ethics assistant. I am concerned that this could be detrimental to Coral, as I have observed toxic behavior and anger from her towards others in the past.​
Lad, sadly i have to inform you that sometimes i do lose my temper. But only counting that what- 2% times i let it out is highly missinformative. Sometimes my harsh and agressive tone is required to halt any form of arguments there. Especially on the many, many times im having to deal with an incredibly unpleasent foundation staff who's vocabulary only insists of poor insults. Keeping my usual polite tone in every situation wont allow me to get some of my work done lad, as some blaintently disregard my words if i dont state them firmly or aggressivly with confidence.
Also- i may like to add, ive had many unpleasent interactions with you in general, i tried to be nice to you- but you ended up just trolling me and going against my word.
For instance, i was manning the AA door. I told you about... 5 times to leave so i could allow E-11 in to get the required equiptment? You nonchelauntly disobeyed my orders and tried repeatidly to jump over my head to get into AA, despite the fact you were not permitted to use that equiptment. My tone at the time was neutral untill you delibratally swelled my anger causing me to yell at you.

Reactions: Dalton and blixer

blixer

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 29, 2022
- major support

- Bad Interactions

It seems like you have been going around - supporting people because of yourself in my opinion. You have started many HUGE immature things before in the server such as last week when you started a war between gensec and MTF for no reason and caused many MASS RDMs to happen. You are very immature and very mingy in my opinion as you have also just been banned, please improve yourself before making - supports on people you barely know, for coral is a amazing person, you have opinions but there is a point where it is an opinion and when its just plain out hypocriticial. Everyone have a nice day. -Marin

Last edited:

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
It seems like you have been going around - supporting people because of yourself in my opinion. You have started many HUGE immature things before in the server such as last week when you started a war between gensec and MTF for no reason and caused many MASS RDMs to happen. You are very immature and very mingy in my opinion as you have also just been banned, please improve yourself before making - supports on people you barely know, for coral is a amazing person, you have opinions but there is a point where it is an opinion and when its just plain out hypocriticial. Everyone have a nice day.
im allowed to say what I believe and even coral knows im true. Going around commenting on other peoples post because I gave out a - support doesnt make your self look good. Dont stoop down to my level.

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
Lad, sadly i have to inform you that sometimes i do lose my temper. But only counting that what- 2% times i let it out is highly missinformative. Sometimes my harsh and agressive tone is required to halt any form of arguments there. Especially on the many, many times im having to deal with an incredibly unpleasent foundation staff who's vocabulary only insists of poor insults. Keeping my usual polite tone in every situation wont allow me to get some of my work done lad, as some blaintently disregard my words if i dont state them firmly or aggressivly with confidence.
Also- i may like to add, ive had many unpleasent interactions with you in general, i tried to be nice to you- but you ended up just trolling me and going against my word.
For instance, i was manning the AA door. I told you about... 5 times to leave so i could allow E-11 in to get the required equiptment? You nonchelauntly disobeyed my orders and tried repeatidly to jump over my head to get into AA, despite the fact you were not permitted to use that equiptment. My tone at the time was neutral untill you delibratally swelled my anger causing me to yell at you.
This right here, is spot on!!! I will also use this as my

+ Support

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
i get this is a place for opinion sharing to promote peoples input on applications but this being a main reason to "-support" someone for a slot is something id like to address, she has experience as a consultant and even with her current job she has always been there to assist medical however we request given her role has the power to do what she can. also with this logic O5 / Ethics and site admin would only 100% recruit from their direct underlings which is not always the case as myself and many other people have been assistant skipped when getting into o5/ethics.
Lot to unwrap but I'll say this.

Never have I seen someone be promoted to SPECIFICALLY a Department Director without CURRENTLY being in the position below it (Consultant in this case).

In regards to the whole O5, Ethics and Site Command point, those don't have people "below them" persay. While yes, O5 and Ethics have their assistants, they have never had it be a requirement to be one (I was O5 and got that while an Ethics Assistant), so the argument here doesn't have any history behind it. Do O5 and Ethics prefer to elevate someone in their Assasintant team? Yes, however it has NEVER been something that is expected or required.

If however you want more of a reason then "Not a consultant" then allow me to elaborate further by what I have seen.

Coral is a good person yes. Is Coral a good medical consultant? I wasn't around to see. However while this application has been up I have heard constant bad mouthing of people expressing their opinions with -Supports. Openly talking negative about people who -Support you is not the type of leadership a Department needs, and is unprofessional.

Could Coral make a good leader? Probably, but this application has shown that they need to accept that not everyone will like what they do or have done, regardless of if they're "a minge" or not.

In the future I'm excited to see Coral progress higher in the foundation, but the situation has shown to me personally that time isnt yet.

I think you're a cool person Coral, but I don't think you're ready to lead a whole department yet

Status
Not open for further replies.