[USA] Dr.Swanson Deputy DoR application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:163987897
Discord name: Epic#3691
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 11 days in total play time and about 3 months overall
In what country are you located?: US
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Dr.Swanson
Civilian name: John Swanson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-USA
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Executive researcher, IA agent, Nu-7 Pvt
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- 1 warning for jumping into acid pools while being chased by 008

Why are you applying for Deputy Director of Research?
-
Because I love the research department and the researchers i've helped grow while working in this department and I want to be able to expand on that even more. Research has and will always will be my mine drive to play on this server and the thing that pulled me into it when I first started and I want to do as much as I can to make sure it flourishes in every way possible. I want to take as much of a hands on approach as I can to ensure this happens and so the obvious step is deputy director.

What makes you suitable for Deputy Director of Research?:
-
1. Activity: I am the most active and outgoing executive in the executive team and in that time I have often ran all of research while my colleagues and directors were off site, in doing so I have built up a great deal of respect from the rest of the foundation as well as a lot of experience it what it takes to be a head of the research department.

2.Worth ethic and quality: Any time a task, test or research project has been presented before me I have always ensured to go above and beyond anything that was asked of me to put out the best possible results I could. Anything I need to get done gets done in a fast and efficient manner and is always of the best quality I could put into it.

3. Leadership: Tying back into #1 I have already proven multiple times that I am a capable enough leader to both assist in running the research department and completely run it on my own when necessary, something that is very needed in any deputy director. On top of that I also put a lot of time into training and assisting both newer and senior researchers mentoring them about what is and isn't acceptable, needed and expected in our department leading to an overall rise in proper researchers and (while sadly not as much as i'd hope) less minges overall

What are the responsibilities of the Deputy Director of Research in RP?:
-
To work as the second in command of the research department and work directly with the director on running the department, including helping in any hard decisions they may have to make, working on their behave when they are not currently active, general management of the department, etc. On top of that they are still responsible for their typical executive duties as well and are still expected to continue doing the duties expected of them while also working with the director on anything they need assistance with.

Please give some lore about your Deputy Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Swanson was always someone interested in the unknown, he first started his scientific career as a researcher in a scientific institute in Canada. One day while he was working someone brought him an object they couldn't really figure out how it worked, of course due to Swanson's great curiosity he began testing on the object in every way he could think of but at the end of the day he still couldn't crack how it functioned so he just saved it for the next day. Unfortunately for him though he wouldn't have that next day as in the night he was kidnapped by the SCP foundation and taken into custody. After this he was given to options, become a junior researcher for this foundation or become a prisoner to it. He of course chose option one.

From there his curiosity of the unknown has never changed however due to several bad experiences with SCPs, notably SCP-035 and SCP-012 he mostly does not care for them in terms of how or what they feel, though he does still stick to ethical procedure as per protocol and tries his best not to harm them so they can be tested on more in the future. While he does see them as nothing more than odd anomalies his need to figure out how they work eclipses all his other feelings about them.

========= Level 4 access required Code name "Project Eden" =========
========= Level 4 access Granted =========
========= Loading =========​

During the visit of SCP-343 on site Dr.Swanson as well as the rest of the research team for "Project Eden" asked it many questions including general questions about its abilities and more importantly to the project, whether or not it could "cure" cain or able of their respective curses. During these questions Swanson became increasingly suspect of SCP-343 abilities and identity as they were not living up to what he'd assume from god himself. His suspicions were later confirmed during a meeting with SCP-73 and SCP-076-2 (Cain and Able) in which both made comments suggesting 343 did not feel like their true god. This event, following the previous suspicions Swanson had about 343 led him to the conclusion that SCP-343 was a false god. Current measures and preparations are being put in place to ensure the future containment of SCP-343. Any and all information about this discovery about 343 and Project Eden as a whole reclassified strictly Cl4+ for the safety of the foundation of both the foundation and humanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biggz and Orbe

Sage Wyatt

Aug 27, 2022
washington
this guy teach me all that i know and I'm executive now it only feels right with leadership i have gain from him +Support from me
Great Mentor to Research
Great in game Character be around
Wants better for the Research team has great dedication

Random_User

Donator
Apr 5, 2022

+Support

Screenshot 2022-09-11 6.37.27 PM.png+Great Researcher
+Great
introduction´s
+Wonderful docs
+Respectfuf

Old Jobs
Executive Researcher
Nu7-PVT
CI-Gamma

New Jobs
Epsilon-11 Nine tailed SPC Fox [I get my promotion So soon to be E-11 LCPL]
Internal agent Fox
Intell agent Fox
RRT SGT Fox
SCP-096
VIP/
Donate

Biggz

Jul 19, 2022
+Massive Support
+Very Active
+Good Mentor
+Good Social Skills
+ Great RP

Swanson has been around the site for about as long as I have. He is more active than anyone I see in research and he is always teaching others, shadowing tests, or approving documents. Swanson's drive absolutely stands out. I've worked with him on more SCP events than anyone else even before he was an executive, and his mind is very fun to collaborate with, and his RP is consistent and entertaining for everyone. Time and time again he has exercised thorough knowledge of the code of ethics.

Reactions: Dr. Swanson

Hound

May 9, 2022
Fort Irwin, California
logo.png

From the Office of ██-█
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Application Accepted

Thank you for your interest in this position. After witnessing your tireless efforts and dedication to the Research Division, it is obvious to me that you are more than a perfect fit for this position.

Congratulations.
██-█

Reactions: Dr. Swanson
Status
Not open for further replies.