[USA] Dr. Swanson Executive Researcher App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:163987897
Discord name: Epic#3691
For how long have you played on CG SCP: For about a year before I went on hiatus
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Dr. Swanson
Civilian name: N/A
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-US
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Nu-7 Lcpl, E-11 SPC, Executive Researcher, Director of Research, Site Advisor, Overseer
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- 1 Failrp warning for jumping into the acid pools to get away from 008

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?

- Throughout my time on the server and during my break from it I realised that out of all of the time I played on the server my time in research was always my most enjoyable. I've decided that I want to truly commit to the research department and as always aid in fixing its current issues and helping the department progress forward. On top of all of this the members of research have always been a joy for me to interact with especially when training and advising the more junior members.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:

- Firstly and most prominently, I have spent a vast majority of my time on the server either directly or indirectly overseeing the research department both with my 4 months as director and the rest of my time as O5 ensuring the department ran properly.

Aside from that

1. I work very well with everyone on site regardless of who they are, I train any researcher I see and give them a full run down of what we want and expect of them out of the foundation as well as befriending them and making sure they know they can always come to me in the future, any good researcher is going to have a lot of questions and I do my best to make sure they feel comfortable coming to me about any of them anytime they feel like. Due to this much of the new and experienced research staff know and respect me. I work just as well with higher ups as well, I have became at least acquainted with a good portion of site command and leadership and even those who don't know me that well trust me and my abilities as a researcher, something very important if I am going to begin working with them more.

2. I have and always will ensure RP and especially quality RP thrives within the research department, advising those below me on proper procedures with new test, how to ensure quality in the documents they produce, working with players and GM's alike to spice up the test that our research staff will be involved in. All of this on top of working with my directors on ideas on how to better the department as a whole and fixing the major issues within it

How many excellent-graded documents have you written?

- Can't remember exactly but around 15-17

What makes a document excellent?
-
FormattingQualityOriginality
Formatting organizes the document properly and makes it much easier to both read and understand what is trying to be stated in the document, without it any document is essentially just a stack of papers with no clear order.Quality is dependent on 2 mains things, grammar and looks. Grammar is mostly self explanatory, as long as the words in a document are spelled correctly and proper punctuation is used there is no issue. Looks is more subjective but can really add to a document, things like adding pictures or separating giant blocks of text or using lines to give the document a more professional look really help getting a good grade.In short no boring test, we want test that push our understanding and knowledge of whatever SCP is being tested on and thus the test needs to be an original thought of something we don't yet know or haven't tested on. If we can already guess the answer with relative certainty its not worth testing on.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:

Training newer researchers and advising senior ones.

Making sure test are reasonable and grading the ones that get uploaded on their quality.

Continue conducting test, while executives do have extra priorities they are still researchers.

And of course be the figure heads of the research department, they are the people researchers look to first for advice and how they should act whether the executive is aware of it or not.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

To lazy to write a new lore doc at the moment, will do a non-O5 one in the future <- Click to go to lore doc

Last edited:

Dylan Muller

Mar 3, 2023
-Neutral/negative
-I don’t see you in researcer very often what so ever.
-application looks like minimal effort was put in you even said you where to lazy to right out the lore.

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
-Neutral/negative
-I don’t see you in researcer very often what so ever.
-application looks like minimal effort was put in you even said you where to lazy to right out the lore.
A. Was on break for ~3 months naturally you haven't seen me

B. The lore is written out via the hyperlink, considering everything before SA is still valid for this character I didnt see the point in making a seperate doc just to remove half of it and change the format

Dylan Muller

Mar 3, 2023
A. Was on break for ~3 months naturally you haven't seen me

B. The lore is written out via the hyperlink, considering everything before SA is still valid for this character I didnt see the point in making a seperate doc just to remove half of it and change the format
Alright well I apologize for overlooking the hyper link but it’s not really at all executive researcher lore. Also if you took a break for three months don’t you think you should Atleast play Sr. For a couple of weeks to get up to date with recent changes in policies and what not????

DataNull

Oct 31, 2022
+Support

- Incredibly dedicated to his job, I'm sure he'll do amazing as an Executive Researcher
- Respectful and doesn't cause issues
- LOTS of experience
- Best possible option for Executive right now

Last edited:

AbbieApple

Aug 30, 2022
+ Support!
- Swanson was incredible during his research career and he is exactly what research needs.
- Overqualified
- Very respectful
- Sensible
- Great application

Good luck friend :)

John Iceland

Donator
To: Dr. Swanson
Subject:
Application Verdict

O5 Council Clean.png

| Application Denied |

Greetings Dr. Swanson, This is a message composed by the Research Directorate to inform you that your application for the position of Executive Researcher has been unfortunately denied. We thank you for taking the time to apply for this position, as that is very much appreciated, However, We notice while yes you are OVERLY Qualified for the position, and we would love to have you, but your activity just hasnt shown for itself what we are looking for, If you truly want to return to this position then please take this next week to be a little bit more active or be noticed by our current team. If you would like more info you may EMail (Discord Message) either Me (Pup#1341) or "Lunaro" (Bees#4431).

You may reapply in 1 week, please take this week to better the time on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.