[USA] Dr. Swanson's Site Advisor Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:163987897
Discord name: Epic#3691
For how long have you played on CG SCP: about 5 months worth of play time and have been on the server for over a year
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Dr. Swanson, John "Cynic", Joseph Stella
Civilian name: Joe Vinclebom, John Swanson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP US
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

(Holding) Overseer Assistant

(Held) NU7 - Lcpl
(Held) E-11 SPC

(Held) Executive Researcher
(Held) Director of Research
(Held) Site Advisor
(HeldOverseer

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- 1 Failrp warning for jumping into the acid pools to get away from 008

Why are you applying for Site Advisor?

- It has always been my passion on the server to be a sort of administrative body on as much as I could, I like working together with people and establishing policy to make general operations across departments more efficient and enjoyable for its members. On top of that, with site admin more than ever being integral to the servers RP I want to be in a position again to create memorable moments and craft new experiences for the rest of the people on site, which this position would enable me to do so. In short, I like doing more administrative jobs and I know im good at it.

What makes you suitable for Site Administration?:

Experience
For a majority of my time on the server I have been jumping between one form of adminastrative role to the next: form executive to DoR to SA to the council I have months and months of experience overseeing and managing everything from small teams of researchers to the entire site, and in every role I left thoes departments I was held responsible for in far better shape than they started off with.

Attitude
I have always prided myself on being a very accessable and friendly person to talk to no matter the issue; whether its taking complants about my own mistakes, mediating arguments between people or their wider departments, or some ridiculous situation that manages to pop up out of nowhere I always manage to keep a calm and respecful demeaner that allows for any form of conflict to be handled swiftly and effectivly, a trait very important in a role that oversees multiple departments and their relations.

Activity
Excluding my original retirement and the break due to the holidays, I am consistently one of the most active people on the server and can be consistently relied upon to maintain the site when no one else is around to do so, on top of that burnout is a rarety for me and does not last for very long when it does hit meaning this activity will not drop off due to the extra pressure of the possition.

What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:

- Oversight over Dpt. Directors and making sure they're departments are running smoothly under their respective command.

- Handling Disputes between departments in a professional and calm manner to help find compromise and solutions that resolve issues

- Making sure the site is running smoothly by overseeing handling of breaches/AA Authorizations, MCD permits, potential infobreaches, work permits, and making sure all foundation staff are following proper site conduct/ethical procedures.

- Conducting reviews of each department to ensure it is running smoothly and to highlight any major issues its leadership or the department itself may have

- Keeping tabs on lowing ranking CL4 members and advising the Site Director over possible good picks when the decision for a new director arises

_ Managing relations with external GOI.

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Load Foundation Profile: "Dr. Swanson"

ERR: PREVIOUS PROFILE ERASED; CAUSE UNKNOWN

Compiling backup file for "Dr.Swanson"

Complete!

Doctor John R. Swanson
When Swanson was 25 he worked for the ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ institute based in Quebec, an international science organization created by the member nations of the UN to aid in scientific cooperation around the world. As director of the unknown entities division Swanson often had things brought to him most didn't quite understand but all around were not that hard to explain their function, anything that he couldn't explain quickly enough the higher ups just told him to throw it in the equivalent of a paper shredder or hand it off to the guards for destruction. For his duties Swanson often had to move around the world a lot to save the cost of transportation for these objects as the higher ups determined it would be more efficient if he just built field offices around where he was studying, it's not like his work mattered enough to get a true office anyway so who cared. On ▇▇/▇▇/▇▇▇▇ Swanson was deployed to the small town of Pinewood where a mysterious orange residue was found along the road after a recent attack on the nearby military base. When driving into town Swanson noticed the civilian population was seemingly in open rebellion against the base and their “tyrancial treatment towards the pinewood population”. When Swanson pulled up to the gate to investigate this he was quickly grabbed and dragged into the base for interrogation, after answering their basic questions and mentioning he was sent by the UN he was quickly let go and driven back to where his office was being set up, large amounts of gunfire were heard on his departure and the riots seemed to calm down soon after. Swanson then debated bringing up what was almost certainly a war crime whenever he got back to his higher ups though unbeknownst to him they would not be meeting for a while.

At 00:23 hours, after Swanson had set up a small containment chamber for the residue and went to bed. He heard a knock on his door, when he went to go answer it his door was blown down by two men in black one of whom shot him in the leg before realizing he was unarmed and had a small debate with each other over just killing him and taking the sample back to base before a beep could be heard on their radios and they decided to bring him in. From there he was briefed on the SCP Foundation, what it did, and his new position as a member of the research staff.

As his time as a researcher he was always fascinated with the cognitohazards stationed on site, how they worked, their effects on people, and most importantly how he could revert or cancel their effects. Thus he usually carried a stack of papers on his clipboard at all times to review his notes whenever he was going on test, this turned out to have some unfortunate consequences. One day as he was doing a test with 914, a group of armed Dclass came in and after properly robbing him of his keycard and disguising themselves forced him in on very fine along with his papers just to see what would happen to this poor researcher they had taken prisoner. With no other option Swanson obliged and as he entered the machine he felt something grab ahold of him like it was wrapping around his head, soon enough his papers disappeared and he heard gunshots and yelling outside the machine so he hid in there until he was taken into custody by the E-11 who had arrived on scene. When he was being interrogated they repeatedly asked about his eyes and what had changed with them, Swanson of course had no clue what they were talking about and eventually convinced them it was a medical condition he had always had and was eventually let go. While Swanson was walking to the washroom to freshen up he noticed a lot of people staring, he couldn't quite pin why, was his shirt on backwards? Was his fly down? Was his hair messed up? Swanson could only guess, though he finally realized what they were staring at when he got to the washroom. His eyes , his eyes looked like they had been shattered, he saw cracks through sclera all circling around his pupil which had seemingly vanished. He could tell why people were staring, he had to have been studying it for what felt like hours before he finally snapped out of it with the sound of a breach alarm. He heard loud over comms the barking of the E-11 "035 BREACH, IT'S TAKEN OVER THE BODY OF ONE OF OUR MEN, WE'RE TAKING HEAVY FI-" Before gunfire filled the radio and the transition stopped. He ran back to his bunks as quickly as he could but he was cornered by two guards who had seemingly defected to SCP-035s side as 035 arrived and offered him a weapon and told him to join it. He had no urge to however he did act as if he did, grabbing the ARX it handed to him and took formation behind it, as he raised his weapon to the back of its head he wondered, why had this thing trusted him so quickly that he was telling the truth, why did it seemingly have no care that it had only taken seconds for him to decide and yet it allowed him behind it? This was an issue for another day as he fired 10 shots into the back of its head at point blank range. The body collapse onto the ground immediately and the mask fell off. Swanson expected the two guards to turn around and shoot him as he had just killed the one thing they seemed to have held any loyalty to but was shocked when they instead just arrested him, not for shooting 035 but for having a weapon in the first place, for not being in the breach shelter. When swanson was interrogated the guards were greatly offended that he had claimed that they defected over to SCP-035s side apparently having no recollection of what had happened denying that any such thing had happened. Were they lying to save their own skin? No that couldn't be they would've just shot Swanson if they truly did care about this thing, they had the justification to, some researcher with a gun to the back of their heads, no one would've questioned why they killed him. No there was something very different about them but he couldn't quite pin what. Nevertheless they let Swanson go with just a warning, while he wasn't supposed to have a weapon the guards did confirm that he was the one to kill SCP-035 and stop the breach which was justification enough for his superiors. This day scared Swanson and he would get to the bottom of everything that had happened. Until then he put on a pair of completely blacked out glasses and scheduled a test for SCP-035.

Through both his past experience in research and his finding while researching Swanson had found himself quickly rising up the ranks in research and eventually found himself an executive yet still no wiser as to what had happened that day, so he kept pushing. Test after test he could not find out what had happened, why it had happened. The closest he got was figuring out SCP-035 was very manipulative sure but that didn't explain that day at all or why he wasn't affected. Finally after his promotion to director of research he cracked it, SCP-035 was a cognitohazard and a dangerous one, his corkboard's filled with findings on this things effect on people and eventually led to a meeting with the 05s on new containment. How SCP-035 reacts to these new containment measures has yet to be seen.

Finally cracking what he had wanted so badly to figuring out all along Swanson set his sights to bigger horizons, to Site Administration.

Brewer 2.0 / Celtic

Blacklisted Player
Dec 18, 2023
I have only seen nothing but outstanding work, professionalism and activity from Swanson.

He plays his current Assistant role great and clearly shows passion in it. Plus, judging by his previous titles. Swanson is a well experienced individual. Therefore, I conclude that Swanson would fit perfectly with the current Site Administration team.

+ Support

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
| APPLICATION STATUS: On hold|
Greetings Swanson,

Thank you for having the interest & taking the time to apply for the Site Advisor. This message is to inform you that your application for the position has been placed on hold.

If no spot is open in 2 weeks this app will be denied.

Kind regards,
Site Director "Plug"​

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
| APPLICATION STATUS: Denied |
Greetings Swanson,

Thank you for having the interest & taking the time to apply for the Site Advisor. This message is to inform you that your application for the position has been unfortunately denied due to not being seen fit for Site Admin.

If you would like to discuss manners further, you may reach out to me over email (Discord: chad1).

You may reapply in 2 weeks after this message is posted.

Kind regards,
Site Director "Plug"​

Status
Not open for further replies.