Civilian name: Samuel Smitherins
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
-
Executive Researcher, Ethics Committee Assistant, CI-B, SCP-096 [All Current]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-
I have 2 total warnings for FailRP. My first warning was for accidentally doing the 079 glitch my first time switching to the SCP, and not understanding whether I was allowed to noclip around or not. My second warning was for dissolving an escaped D-class as a Thaumatologist. At the time of these warnings, I did not understand what I had done wrong, but after learning from the rules and future experience, I now fully understand and take responsibility for my previous actions.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
-
I originally applied for Executive Researcher because I enjoyed research to a great extent, and I wanted to further my passion of creative research by becoming leadership in the department and helping other researchers to grow. Now, after experiencing and learning about research leadership, I finally understand my true goals. While I still want to better myself in research, I overall wish for the betterment of the entire department. I want researchers who are passionate about RP to flourish in the department, and give credit to those who truly put effort into research. I want to influence the current state of the department by spreading my own passions and RP scenarios to every researcher who wishes to experience them. I want to do this to inspire both newer and veteran researchers to take risks with RP, and do something creative, fun, and spread their RP across the department or the server in its entirety. So in summary, I am applying for Director of Research because I want to pave a better future for the research department as a whole, and act as a role model for other researchers who care.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:

- I am suitable for the position of Director of Research for a variety of reasons. First, experiments and RP that I have created in the server have influenced the Research Department already to a great extent and inspired other researchers in the department to create their own RP/tests that have had similar effects to mine. Second, my developed skills in leadership allow me to communicate very well with the research department. This includes my willingness to help anyone with issues they may have, whether it's directly regarding research or not. My leadership skills also include my work ethic, meaning when I really set myself towards a goal, I will not stop until it's completed. These goals could include anything from helping a researcher to write their first excellent document, or pushing for a large project I've created from scratch for the department (I have done this before with my mass cooperative 914 cross testing series.) Following this, I seek to better all those around me in research, and I truly wish to inspire researchers to do their best. Finally, I always do my best to make myself available for the department, and I would continue to as Director. This includes being on the server frequently, communicating my concerns to higher leadership, being honest, and encouraging suggestions and criticisms from all researchers.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
- The responsibilities of the Director of Research include a wide variety and range of duties. Firstly, The Director of Research must make sure the research department maintains stable activity and leadership, along with communicating with SA and/or their own departmental leadership when there is a notable issue. The Director of Research should also always be acting as a role model for all researchers. This includes adhering to the Legal Codex/Code of Ethics, their own policies, and to their own vision for how they believe the research department could be improved. The DoR should also always make sure to get close to the lower ranking personnel of their department, to make sure that stability is not only maintained in leadership, but in the entirety of the department. Maintaining this stability can also include making needed changes to the department, whether it involves small scale inter-departmental changes, or large scale changes that include collaboration with Site Administration to better Research. During all processes though, the DoR should also maintain awareness of how their actions affect the entirety of the server, and its health overall. Aside from this, the DoR should establish awareness of their leadership, to ensure they are also seeking to improve the department. Finally, while Executive Researchers act as a direct connection between normal researchers and the DoR, the Director of Research must represent the department, and maintain strong relations and connections with all other departments in the server, including SA. Doing this may involve repairing large conflicts between departments, or small scale debates about policy changes/feedback.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
- Here is my currently developed lore for James "Mapper" A, as time goes on and server RP occurs, the lore will expand.

Shark

Jun 4, 2023
+Support

I believe you're a strong candidate that would improve the overall Research department's health. You've done great work helping improving RP within research and personal interactions with you have been professional and positive. I wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: Dalton and Mapper

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Clearance Level: 4

To: James "Mapper" A

Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Hello, @Mapper Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be denied. Elaboration on your denial is available if you decide to get in contact with Site Administration. You may re-apply in two weeks' time.

Status
Not open for further replies.