Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

Mar 4, 2023
[U.S]

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:548298653

Discord name: Megaweeb

For how long have you played on CG SCP: 4d 14hrs/111hrs I have the one-week achievement so I think its a lot more but not working for some reason

In what country are you located?: U.S

Time zone: central standard time

Character name(s): Jonathan Thornley “Thorn”

Civilian name: Rose

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:

• Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

• I have a CI Alpha+ Role
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:

• None

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?

I enjoy conducting experiments and tests, especially interviews, to learn more about the past of SCPs and their origins. I am hoping that if I become an executive researcher, I will be able to conduct these interviews more easily and learn more about the past of certain SCPs, such as 035, 049, 7722, 073, and 076, and how they relate to each other.

Additionally, I want to be able to teach younger, less experienced researchers how to conduct tests, create good papers, and conduct proper experiments. When I first started, I had to learn the hard way by making mistakes and learning from them. However, once I finally learned and was able to conduct proper, interesting tests, I truly started having fun. I want the same for other researchers. I want them to feel comfortable coming to me with questions, and I want to be able to help them.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:

I believe that I have grown as a researcher over time and gained the necessary skills to become an Executive Researcher. As a Senior Researcher, I have led multiple successful cross-tests and gained a great deal of information on the past of certain SCPs. I have also given lectures on how to properly and successfully interview SCPs, assisted chemists with chemical recipes, and built strong relationships with junior and Class 2 researchers who know they can rely on me for help with writing papers in the correct format.

Overall, I am confident that I possess the qualities necessary for the role of an Executive Researcher.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?

I have 2 excellent graded documents which show that I am confident in writing and instructing on proper formatting for others.
  • Clear writing: it is important, and it is crucial to ensure that you get your point across without beating around the bush.
  • Good Grammar and proper spelling: There should be no grammar errors, typos, or misspelled words in the document.
  • Originality: It can be difficult at times because many people have already conducted numerous tests, but it's important to bring new topics to the table instead of simply copying documents that others have written.
  • Creativity: the paper needs to be interesting with its ideas and Issues it is presenting to hook the reader in
  • Proper Formatting: needs to be formatted properly depending on each type of test you are doing
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
  • Ensure that all tests meet the necessary standards and grade them based on their quality upon submission.
  • Collaborate closely with the research team to pinpoint and cultivate their research objectives and concepts. This necessitates gaining a thorough comprehension of their goals, as well as their areas of expertise and areas for improvement. Provide a fresh outlook on their methodologies and ideas, enabling them to refine their approach and concentrate their efforts on achieving their aims.
  • Take an active role in acknowledging the achievements of Junior Researchers, and making sure to approve their credits.
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Senior Researcher Jonathan Thornley had always been fascinated by the anomalous. Ever since he was a young boy, he had been captivated by stories of strange creatures and unexplained phenomena. As he grew older, he became determined to learn as much as he could about these anomalies and to use his knowledge to help contain them and protect the world from their dangerous effects.

Over the years, Thornley had built up an impressive resume within the Foundation, gaining a reputation as one of the most skilled and knowledgeable researchers in the field of anomalous biology and containment procedures. He had been involved in the containment of numerous dangerous entities and had earned the respect and admiration of his colleagues for his courage and expertise.

However, Thornley had never encountered an entity quite like SCP-2285. When the breach occurred, Thornley and his team were called upon to re-contain the entity before it could cause any more damage. As they approached SCP-2285's containment cell, Thornley could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He knew that this was going to be a difficult and dangerous mission.

Despite his fear, Thornley was able to keep a level head and use his knowledge of SCP-2285's abilities to help guide his team through the encounter. However, as he was backing away from the creature, he tripped and fell onto a pile of wooden debris. In that moment of panic, Thornley reached out to steady himself, and inadvertently made contact with the wooden material.

The effects of SCP-2285's anomalous properties were almost immediate. Thornley could feel his skin turning soft and pliable, like the very wood he had touched. At first, he thought he was imagining things, but as the transformation continued, he knew that something was very wrong.

After the breach was contained and Thornley received medical attention, it became clear that the anomalous properties of SCP-2285 had somehow transferred to him through his contact with the wooden debris. His colleagues were shocked and saddened by his transformation, but Thornley refused to let it stop him from continuing his work as a Senior Researcher at the Foundation.

Despite his incredible adaptability and determination, Thornley struggled with the physical and psychological effects of his encounter with SCP-2285. He found it increasingly difficult to interact with his colleagues, who had trouble relating to his new form. As time went on, Thornley became more withdrawn and isolated, focusing solely on his work and the entities he was studying.

Today, Senior Researcher Thornley serves as a constant reminder of the dangers of working with anomalous entities and the unpredictable consequences that can arise from even a brief encounter. Though his colleagues still admire him for his courage and dedication, they cannot help but feel a sense of sadness and loss for the man he once was. Nevertheless, Thornley remains determined to use his unique abilities to help contain the anomalous and protect the world from its dangers.

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022
To: Sr. Researcher Jonathan Thornley "Thorn"
Subject: Application Verdict

O5 Council Clean.png

| Application On Hold |

Greetings "Thorn,"

This is a message composed by the Research Directorate to inform you of your application now being put "On Hold" as we deliberate. Please email (Discord message) either myself (Bees#4431) or Dpt. Director John Iceland (Pup#1341) if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
"Lunaro," Deputy Director of Research​

John Iceland

Donator
To: Thorn
Subject: Application Verdict

O5 Council Clean.png

| Application Accepted |

Greetings Thorn, This is a message composed by the Research Directorate to inform you that your application for the position of Executive Researcher has been accepted! We look forward to working alongside you and hope that you will enjoy your time within the team. Please contact your nearest RAISA Office to get your clearance updated (Contact staff to get the whitelist), and EMail (Discord Message) myself (Pup#1341) or "Lunaro" (Bees#4431) for your onboarding.

Kind Regards,
John Iceland, Director of Research.

Status
Not open for further replies.